Contact us

Tom Dice again for Belgium in 2014?

Sim

Tom Dice still has ambitions in his life.

After the second place in the Belgian X-factor and giving Flanders their best in the eurovision song contest,
he revealed some other goals he has.

First of all he once in his life wants to play at Rock Werchter.
He says that with one of his new songs "Heart for sale" he's going to the right direction.

In the near future he's planning to record some new songs,
choose a perfect one, going back to eurovision and win it!

He says : "People may call me naive, but as long I'm busy with music and keep singing, I want to go for it"

So what do you think:
Could Tom return in 2014 and win the song contest?

Source: Het laatste nieuws, belgovision.com

Yamarus

Pffft. His song was cute, and his high placing was well deserved IMO. But I am dubious about his chances, and I don't really like returning artists (except for Carola's consistently Schlagerlicious entries). I would rather see someone new, with something a bit more enticing than ballads. Since 2006, and with the exception of the absolutely horrible 2007 and 2009 entries, there's been nothing but slow - and often boring - songs.

CPV4931

The best entry from Belgium in recent years. If he came back with a entry of simliar quality, why not?

seb89

Why not? But It would be great to see some new artists representing Belgium as well.

Jim

Yes, Tom Dice is a very good choice for Belgium!

Fluke

Wouldn't he return in 2013 rather? :confused:

seb89

Wouldn't he return in 2013 rather? :confused:

Nope, because next year, it's up to the RTBF (Public broadcaster French speaking region), which means it will be a francophone artist :).

94ayd

A-lister

Veteran
Hopefully NOT!

One of the most overrated entries in the past editions.

I mean, if he could come up with something GOOD then I guess that'd be ok, but if it's on par or even below his already overrated entry then I'd say no.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
It's weird cause i just listened to it and it's not a strong as I remembered it to be. I would think Belgium has more artists to choose from instead of playing it safe.

Yamarus

It's weird cause i just listened to it and it's not a strong as I remembered it to be. I would think Belgium has more artists to choose from instead of playing it safe.

Belgium is very inconsistent, but I think its entries are most memorable (albeit not always most successful) when they are quirky, original or otherwise unconventional.

I believe that Belgium's most iconic entries reflect that: "Rendez-vous" (1983), "Euro-vision" (1980), "Sanomi" (2003) are the examples that come to mind. "J'aime la vie" and "Me & My Guitar" are counterexamples, of course.

Sim

Apparently VRT has already confirmed to a Belgian eurovision site that they would participate in 2014 :p

Maybe a reaction to our "lovely" song of 2013?

Top Bottom