Contact us

The new Forum layout

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
After several years it was time to make a major overhaul of our layout. While the old one was sufficient, it didn't give us a lot of room to play with the graphics, plus it didn't look too great using a widescreen resolution. Our dear member Trece did an AMAZING job coming up with pretty much everything here so my hat is off to him.

Bear in mind that every major update comes with some bumps in the road so not everything is perfect but we're here to listen to your suggestions and ideas.

If something doesn't look quite right or is missing, please post your thoughts in here. This is your forum as well and your input is most important. Let's make this place better than ever but we can't do it without you.

Special thanks to Jukica and Trece who put a lot of time and effort into this.

Thank you for your time!

Salmon

Belarussian guy, I'll worship you forever. xbow

Mozz

I'm probably one of the few who don't really like it :confused:

The forum looks feminized and infantilized, imo.
It could attract more new female Eurovision fans.
And also it now looks like it's now more suitable for people younger than 12 and people older than 68, so maybe it's a good thing too.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
New logo "Wave" and new slogan "Catch the Eurovision wave" :D

Kryptonite

I'm probably one of the few who don't really like it :confused:

The forum looks feminized and infantilized, imo.
It could attract more new female Eurovision fans.
And also it now looks like it's now more suitable for people younger than 12 and people older than 68, so maybe it's a good thing too.

I don't get this part. Why would it attract people older than 68? It doesn't look old-fashioned to me.

Mozz

I don't get this part. Why would it attract people order than 68? It doesn't look old-fashioned to me.

Everything looks very big and very easy to see, like this:

Bea-fon_S20_1.jpg

^this is a telephone for the elderly.

But I'll get used to it.

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
Thx people xcheer

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Thanks for the comments, everyone. I am in the same boat as most of you. I like it a lot though it takes time to get used to change.

Mozz, I understand that it's not everyone's preferred choice but then there is never going to be a layout that pleases everyone. Hopefully you learn to like it better with time. Though I don't share your view about the look being appealing to younger and older crowds but everyone is welcome here.

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
@Trece I guess that we got used to already :mrgreen:

Mozz

Oh, I will get used to it. But I've already noticed one thing: loading the pages is MUCH FASTER now.

Anyway, thank you to Jukica and Trece who have put their energy and time in making this possible!

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Muchas gracias! :D

Mozz, I like everything that you say :lol:

BTW Use new Google Search - it really convenient :D

Keko

Well I'm loving the layout, really, and the banner as well. Both are awesome and kudos to Treece and Jukica! However, at the risk of sounding like ungrateful brat, I'm not really liking the background color. It's kinda euwh in combination with yellow and blue. Everything else is really great, makes me feel kinda bad for that complaint, but I couldn't resist. ;_;

Top Bottom