Contact us

The ilustrated Beginer Guide to Eurovision Votings 2011

AlekS

Veteran
^ there's/was a "thief" prejudice about Poles, that they steal cars xshrug

AlekS

Veteran
@Grinch. he looks suspicious ;) that's why he's walking away from the others, instead of going in their direction :twisted:
+ the instrument in his hand - classical thief. And yes, he's dressed up as the worker too, obviously.

A-lister

Veteran
^ there's/was a "thief" prejudice about Poles, that they steal cars xshrug

Yes there was, I don't think so much anymore though.

As I heard, Poles are known with being lazy. That's why he looks tired.

Where have you heard that? Poles are often considered the hardest workers in Europe (and maybe the whole world even) and that may explain why they are taking jobs all over the continent. The lazy thing is something totally new to me and I have never heard such a prejudice anywhere.

Grinch

Where have you heard that? Poles are often considered the hardest workers in Europe (and maybe the whole world even) and that may explain why they are taking jobs all over the continent. The lazy thing is something totally new to me and I have never heard such a prejudice anywhere.

Ok calm down! Rumors don't always have to be true ;) And thief rumor is worse than lazy rumor.

Sabiondo

@AlekS : Child Out man, its just an funny thing who i like to share to us. Don't take us seriously ;) A-lister is rigth..¡¡¡

A-lister

Veteran
Ok calm down! Rumors don't always have to be true ;) And thief rumor is worse than lazy rumor.

Both rumors are bad, but atleast the thief one I recognize from the 90's, but the lazy one? That's contrary to everything I've heard (and experienced aswell).

Maybe it's a prejudice in Turkey I dunno because in rest of Europe it's more or less the contrary, ask the Brits and Irish if Poles are "lazy". On every building site, in half the shops and restaurants etc in London etc. there's Poles working.

While Swedish youth go to London to party and take drugs :lol: Poles are going there to collect as much fortune as they possibly can working 24/7 almost.

94ayd

Hmm, I think Bulgaria's to the left of Ukraine because the man's clothes make the Bulgarian flag from top to bottom - white, green, red. ;) There might be no Slovakia/San Marino but Slovakia reentered in 2009, while San Marino only took part once, so yeah...

Canuck

lol i think this is great! i really wouldnt take the people seriously either, as they're based on stereotypes and of course isn't really true... if there was a canadian there i'd totally expect them to be either a lumberjack or hockey player with missing teeth and a black eye xD

also, i cant really understand who is who in the balkans. clarification/explanation?

AlekS

Veteran
lol i think this is great! i really wouldnt take the people seriously either, as they're based on stereotypes and of course isn't really true... if there was a canadian there i'd totally expect them to be either a lumberjack or hockey player with missing teeth and a black eye xD
And I would wanted something more positive xshrug
I don't think that catastrophe which gave 2 million people cancer and diseases which can't be cured (including myself) can be funny in any aspect.
If you wanna laugh - no prob.

Top Bottom