Contact us

THE BIG TOURNAMENT 2012 - Grand Final

blein

Nike , needs to get a ban.
I am estonian and you insult me everytime when you write your shity crap about my country and our entries! If i would act like you then sweden http://www.escforums.com/t7930/ would not win in here. If i would place 0 to sweden, estonia would won the tournament. But i am not like you, not a 10 years old nerd.

Nike

Nike , needs to get a ban.
I am estonian and you insult me everytime when you write your shity crap about my country and our entries! If i would act like you then sweden http://www.escforums.com/t7930/ would not win in here. If i would place 0 to sweden, estonia would won the tournament. But i am not like you, not a 10 years old nerd.

Well many Swedes gave estonia higher points than Sweden... So what?? Sweden is criminally underrated because the many Swedes who don't want to be patriotic... Strange that forum hype Estonia 2009 when it isn't that popular outside this forum.. Stilll this forums games don't mean anything. The Euphoria (Sweden?) haters can dreaming about Estonia 2009 being better than Euphoria. Euphoria 1st place in ESC with 372 points. 12 points from 18 countries. Estonia 2009 6h place in ESC. Enough said.

Jim

Well many Swedes gave estonia higher points than Sweden... So what?? Sweden is criminally underrated because the many Swedes who don't want to be patriotic... Strange that forum hype Estonia 2009 when it isn't that popular outside this forum.. Stilll this forums games don't mean anything. The Euphoria (Sweden?) haters can dreaming about Estonia 2009 being better than Euphoria. Euphoria 1st place in ESC with 372 points. 12 points from 18 countries. Estonia 2009 6h place in ESC. Enough said.

I'm bored with all this! And I don't like Sweden 2012 or Estonia 2009! :mrgreen:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Need a tissue to wipe those tears away?

randajad

Veteran
This message is hidden because Nike is on your ignore list.
Por favor, let it stay like this, so do not quote that... thing. Aitäh. :mrgreen:

LalehForWD

I understand Nike's frustration and I'm surprised Loreen even made it to the final, given the massive diss of Loreen among ESC fans in general and this forum in particular. Yes massive, some even put a pride to backtalk her as often as possible. Pretty annoying I would say and Nike's reaction is only natural in light of this. Anyone who have been in this situation know how it is, so a little respect is not too much. I guess I'm the one to blame for the final result since I didn't participate in the tournament and my vote would have been critical.

But to seek some kind of truth or justice here is only futile as it is all come down to taste. I guess the taste shifted from day to day as well. Calling on patriotism is in all cases just totally wrong of course. I love France Gall, Urban Symphony and Loreen. To put them against each other is equally wrong, impossible to compare on any grounds.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
So we should vote for our own countries to be patriotic in this game? Not for the entries we prefer? I don't put Swedish entries higher than other entries, just because they're Swedish. I vote for the songs I prefer the most, regardless of country. How is Sweden criminally underrated when there were two Swedish entries in the final?! Several countries had no entries in the final. But I suppose according to you all Swedish entries should be in the final.

Estonia 2009 not popular outside this forum? What about the thousands of likes on YouTube? Some comments from YouTubers:
  • "This song is the best of ESC 2009"
    [*]"Still a complete mystery as to why this didn't win. An absolute first class performance."
    [*]"Absolutely flawless. My 2nd favorite Eurovision song ever."
    [*]"Lovely song, should have got more points."
    [*]"better than sweden"
    [*]"i love this song ♥"
    [*]"It started to become a SONG contest again in 2009, and this song is a good example of that. Simple and beautiful."
    [*]"So cool! How can one not love this??"
    [*]"My favourite song of Eurovision...greetings from Greece"
    [*]"just amazing!"
    [*]"this song does not deserve 6th place... it deserve a higher rank perhaps 2nd or 3rd or even 1st..."
    [*]"Amazing song! It should win instead of that stupid Fairytale!"
I could go on and on, those were just a small sample of what I found on one website alone.

And I see you don't understand the meaning of 'better' either. There is no FACT that says which song is better, because BETTER is an opinion. Whether a song is better than another has nothing to do with number of votes, airplay or record sales, though that's apparently what you base your music taste on. We all have different tastes in music. A song that is great to one person is awful to another person. Just because a song gets a hundred million views and sells millions of copies, doesn't automatically make it a good song to everybody. Some of us like Euphoria more, some of us like Rändajad more, some of us like both equally and some of us dislike both equally. Just because a song wins Eurovision doesn't make it a better song in fact. The songs that you like are the songs that are better to you and you only. The songs that I like are the songs that are better to me. For someone who is supposedly 35 years old, you're having a really hard time grasping simple concepts a child could understand.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
^I should add that in an anthropology forum I used to post long time ago (and that forum of course had nothing to do with music or ESC), when there was a discussion about ESC in the "general chat" section, there were many people who of course were not ESC fans who mentioned Estonia 2009 as "the only ESC song I ever liked", "my favorite ESC song ever" etc, so the statement that it's popular only in this forum is completely non-sense! :lol:

Nike

^I should add that in an anthropology forum I used to post long time ago (and that forum of course had nothing to do with music or ESC), when there was a discussion about ESC in the "general chat" section, there were many people who of course were not ESC fans who mentioned Estonia 2009 as "the only ESC song I ever liked", "my favorite ESC song ever" etc, so the statement that it's popular only in this forum is completely non-sense! :lol:

Well people are saying that about Euphoria and many other songs top. Few comments don't make it popular.

Nike

It disproves your idea that Estonia 2009 is only appreciated and loved within this forum community. It's clearly not.

Of course some people outside this forum like it. But it not winning any polls outside this forum. that was what I meant.

BTW, YT don't mean that much. Of course people who click on a video often like it. They probably liked it in 2009 when Fairytale was the big fave. Some of them probably are in this forum. I haven't seen that song winning any polls. Now we can compare it to Euphoria.

So no it still only this forum that people agrue what a MASTERPIECE this crappy song is.

Nike

BTW, If Estonia 2009 is that popular on YT then why so few views? After 3 year the video with most views have only 1,500,000?? If I haven't miss any video? That's low. Fairytale have 45,000,000 views on one video. I also can count to at least 4 Euphoria videos having more views than Estonia 2009 even if it was chosen as Swedish representative in March 2012. Estonia 2009 was chosen in 2009.

Sim

I don't want to be involved in this discussion, but Nike , in 2 posts you post something contradictory...

Post 1:

BTW, YT don't mean that much.

Post 2:

BTW, If Estonia 2009 is that popular on YT then why so few views? After 3 year the video with most views have only 1,500,000??

If YT is not important for you, don't use it in your argumentation ;)

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
BTW, If Estonia 2009 is that popular on YT then why so few views? After 3 year the video with most views have only 1,500,000?? If I haven't miss any video? That's low. Fairytale have 45,000,000 views on one video. I also can count to at least 4 Euphoria videos having more views than Estonia 2009 even if it was chosen as Swedish representative in March 2012. Estonia 2009 was chosen in 2009.
Because the recent winners get a lot of attention from all over the world from people who otherwise don't watch the contest (and don't even know about it). Satellite also has a lot of views despite being a crappy song (in my opinion). Just like Rändajad is a crappy song in your opinion.

Nike

I don't want to be involved in this discussion, but Nike , in 2 posts you post something contradictory...

Post 1:

Post 2:

If YT is not important for you, don't use it in your argumentation ;)

Stargazer named YT first not me! This was to Stargazer I just didn't have time to quote. So no YT isn't that important. I just wanted to to say that if it's that popular it should have more views!

Nike

Because the recent winners get a lot of attention from all over the world from people who otherwise don't watch the contest (and don't even know about it). Satellite also has a lot of views despite being a crappy song (in my opinion). Just like Rändajad is a crappy song in your opinion.

So you admit that it's only the pure ESC fans(this forum) who hype this song??? The rest of the world don't care at all?

BTW even Cyprus 2012, Russia 2012, Iceland 2009 have more views... Iceland 2012 almost have same amout of views as Estonia 2009 even if it's 3 years later than Estonia 2009. I can continue...

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Why are we still arguing about subjective points of view? Just like whatever you like. IF a song ends up in first place in the charts doesn't make it a better song to a song that barely touches the Top 20. It all comes down to personal taste

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
So you admit that it's only the pure ESC fans(this forum) who hype this song??? The rest of the world don't care at all?

BTW even Cyprus 2012, Russia 2012, Iceland 2009 have more views... Iceland 2012 almost have same amout of views as Estonia 2009 even if it's 3 years later than Estonia 2009. I can continue...
No. You can't read either, apparently. The rest of the world don't care about the Eurovision Song Contest period. It has nothing to do with the quality of the songs. Why can you not understand this?!

Since you claim Rändajad is only considered a masterpiece on this forum, can you show me other Eurovision sites and forums where that song is disliked or hated by the majority?

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Why are we still arguing about subjective points of view? Just like whatever you like. IF a song ends up in first place in the charts doesn't make it a better song to a song that barely touches the Top 20. It all comes down to personal taste
Nike doesn't understand the concept of personal taste. He thinks his taste is a universal standard. His taste is also only based on sales figures, airplay and number of votes.

Nike

No. You can't read either, apparently. The rest of the world don't care about the Eurovision Song Contest period. It has nothing to do with the quality of the songs. Why can you not understand this?!

Since you claim Rändajad is only considered a masterpiece on this forum, can you show me other Eurovision sites and forums where that song is disliked or hated by the majority?

So if the rest of world don't care why have those entries more views then? Not even the ESC fans want to watch your so called masterpiece??? Loool!

Give me other sites that they are call Estonia 2009 masterpiece?? or even polls where it TOPS???

Top Bottom