5 1.9%

2 0.8%

15 5.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

popavapeur

Sweden/Scandinavia are the powerhouses of pop music, a lot of the hits we hear on an everyday basis are written by norwegians/swedes and basically, that's what they send to the ESC. That's a no brainer for me why they're performing so well with jurors even when I don't like the songs (2015, 2016,2020 for example).

This year was special as well as she basically was the only candidate for the jury win and as others stated, she could have gotten even more points. Italy wasn't on the radar of the bubble and they reached top 5, it tells a lot about the opponents of Sweden yesterday. Marco deserved 100% its score in my opinion but the fact we didn't think about Due Vite as a jury contender is because the song wasn't really popular for a reason, it was just not in the majority's taste.

I don't get why not having a single televote 12pts is a problem. Like being second in a lot of countries (8 to be precise and also 8 eights) is pretty good and as we don't know the volumes we can't say if there was a huge gap between the first and the second in any given country.
Basically if there's 2000 people voting for Finland and 1895 for Sweden.. it's kinda the same to me ? but one got 12 and the other 10. That could also be 2000 and 1000 as well, bigger or lesser numbers. Finland totally smashed the televote though and rightfully so as it was tailored for the audience but having a strong set of 10pts as Sweden had is great as well. People liked Tattoo, they voted for it too.

midnightsun

Veteran
That's a no brainer for me why they're performing so well with jurors
Why didn’t most of the other songs written by Swedes and bought by other countries from them perform well then too? Because, oh wait, it’s not Sweden. They try every year (this year exception, for reasons) to use their chance to shine by selling songs to other countries and then promoting them hard… how often did they try with I think it was Malta, Cyprus, Azerbaijan etc. All these countries, often saved by juries, like Sweden themselves.

I don't get why not having a single televote 12pts is a problem.

Sorry, but I can’t help you then.

Like being second in a lot of countries (8 to be precise and also 8 eights)

That isn’t much, actually?
Yes she came second overall but only slightly before Norway.

It’s not only that she was second but she scored in the LOWER top ten only in many countries. That’s not the landslide the juries saw.

Nobody said Loreen was not a worthy top 5 (letting aside my personal taste, it wasn’t even in my top 20), based on everything. But first? Even second was a bit overrated imho. But anyways…

Ajeje Brazorf

So, now the real question is: will Agnetha Fältskog and Björn Ulvaeus be the hosts next year? Just kidding...

... But actually I'm not. I guess they are way better than Måns.

Preuss

Why didn’t most of the other songs written by Swedes and bought by other countries from them perform well then too? Because, oh wait, it’s not Sweden. They try every year (this year exception, for reasons) to use their chance to shine by selling songs to other countries and then promoting them hard… how often did they try with I think it was Malta, Cyprus, Azerbaijan etc. All these countries, often saved by juries, like Sweden themselves.

Wow, just wow, what an uneducated comment. Those entries are usually not anywhere near the same level as Sweden's, and Sweden doing well with the juries is something that shouldn't come as a surprise to people lol. Why do people act surprised by this every year? The reason why so many "generic pop entries" don't do well with the juries is because they just fall flat on the stage. Sweden knows how to do it to perfection. Other countries just gotta do it as good as the Swedes do.

Sweden did poorly in 2021 with the juries. It was predicted they wouldn't do as well as they've done previously that year and it happened.

FilipFromSweden

In hindsight, really grateful she lost with Statements because she would've never defeated Salvador Sobral and probably never decided to do Tattoo

Andromache

I hope she uses the momentum and releases her third album this year. Her second album was amazing and deserved so much more love. I hope more people discover her wonderful music now!

GermanBango

Honestly I just feel immensely sorry for her. She definitely does not deserve all the hate that is being hurled at her atm. (Specifically talking about the people who are attacking her on a personal level)

Imagine having such a happy moment tarnished by all of what happened. One could tell that she wasn’t feeling particularly comfortable on Saturday night. Hope she will eventually make peace with what happened and realise that she as a person and artist is still very much loved by large parts of the fandom.

alca

Album and hopefully tour! That would be awesome!

She also gave an interview on BBC show The one show today and she really is just lovely!
Well she did announce a tour starting in November during the winner's press conference. She also said she wasn't supposed to do it and her record company/management will kill her for doing it. :lol:

Sammy

Veteran
Honestly I just feel immensely sorry for her. She definitely does not deserve all the hate that is being hurled at her atm. (Specifically talking about the people who are attacking her on a personal level)

Imagine having such a happy moment tarnished by all of what happened. One could tell that she wasn’t feeling particularly comfortable on Saturday night. Hope she will eventually make peace with what happened and realise that she as a person and artist is still very much loved by large parts of the fandom.
she has just achieved what will inscribe her in the history of the conest. she will be an all time name, she will always be known as the most successfull woman (if not artist) in the history of the contest. Do you really think she cares about what some twitter-tweets say? Do you really think she even takes notice of them? No way! No need to feel sorry for her! Not even a little. Feeling sorry is something we do for people who are down, she‘s as up as it could be.

Top Bottom