'Cause there’s nothing to regret
Well, this is not what I wanted
Guess all the good things come to an end

So baby bye, bye
Wish you the best
But most of alI I wish that I could love you less
Well, maybe you're right
I'll find someone else
You say it isn't me, but when did that ever help?

Hold me closer
Although you'll leave before the sunrise
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
I found the right one at the wrong time
But until the sunrise
Hold tight, hold tight

Maybe it happened too fast
I guess that I understand
You say that you've never felt this way for anyone
And that's why it scares you to death

So baby bye, bye
Know it's for the best
Still I can't see how that would ease the pain in my chest

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you, mind I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night

'Cause tomorrow will hurt
Hurt really bad
'Cause I’m about to lose the best I ever had

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night (Hold me tight, hold me tight)

Can't you see that you found the right one at the wrong time?
It was just the wrong time
Hold tight, hold tight

alca

The fact that we're talking about songs 3 and 4 probably shows that they input the points in the wrong place. If that 10 had gone to song 6 we could have said that, yeah 16-29 yo liked Linda more. But now...

Anyway, I doubt the results will change. Lisa will go to the final via AC. No problem.

CPV4931

Why didn´t Linda reach AC and Lisa going DTF? Both lovely songs and my two favorites yesterday night

A-lister

Veteran
Ok, so this semi was sorta on the same level as the previous one.

But why oh why are Swedes so basic? You have Cazzi Opeia which is literally the best thing so far this MF season; catchy, contemporary, quirky and a potential top candidate in ESC and it "only" manages to go to the second chance round, and then you have yet another worn out "gospel-lite-Pop" middle-of the road, mid-tempo "message" song a la Faith which is just basically the same route we've been on for the past years now (but even blander) going directly to the final. I just don't get it, have the atheist Swedes some sorta secret turn-on for pseudo-gospel that I missed the memo for?

Bagge was predictable, the song is fine, anthemic almost, but it also feels very artificial and to the book made, but still I can't hate it because it is a good packaged song.

However nothing that managed directly to the final so far makes me feel very hopeful for us in ESC. It's super safe and "been there - done that". Not sure what I can say.

I guess the chances for Cazzi is low if she couldn't even make it directly from the semi, but crossing my fingers or that semi 4 has that one song... But if this is how Swedes vote, I'm a bit sceptical with the outcome, and also the general level of songs eventhough the semi 2-3 aren't the same horror level as semi 1 was.

ArmpitOfEurope

Cornelia is still the one to beat and honestly I dont think anyone from heat 4 can beat her.
I have a feeling Klara will bring a flop

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Right now, Eurovision 2022 is a mid-off and Lithuania...Sweden, please save us.

Mrm

Veteran
Ok, so this semi was sorta on the same level as the previous one.

But why oh why are Swedes so basic? You have Cazzi Opeia which is literally the best thing so far this MF season; catchy, contemporary, quirky and a potential top candidate in ESC and it "only" manages to go to the second chance round, and then you have yet another worn out "gospel-lite-Pop" middle-of the road, mid-tempo "message" song a la Faith which is just basically the same route we've been on for the past years now (but even blander) going directly to the final. I just don't get it, have the atheist Swedes some sorta secret turn-on for pseudo-gospel that I missed the memo for?

Bagge was predictable, the song is fine, anthemic almost, but it also feels very artificial and to the book made, but still I can't hate it because it is a good packaged song.

However nothing that managed directly to the final so far makes me feel very hopeful for us in ESC. It's super safe and "been there - done that". Not sure what I can say.

I guess the chances for Cazzi is low if she couldn't even make it directly from the semi, but crossing my fingers or that semi 4 has that one song... But if this is how Swedes vote, I'm a bit sceptical with the outcome, and also the general level of songs eventhough the semi 2-3 aren't the same horror level as semi 1 was.
How do you rank and comment my Lisa who was 3rd yesterday?

empo21

Veteran
Did they mess up the points here? Seems too different from the surrounding age groups. Not that SVT would ever admit to making a mistake though!
owUVuPe.png

This does look weird, but I'm paying no mind as my fave got in xangle

Are we sure the 3-9 and 10-15 aren't the switched up groups, though? I still can't explain how a song like Best To Come not only went to AC, but barely missed out DTF and received a shitload of points from each category.

Anyway, Lisa and Anna are going to fight for those old people votes come final night it seems.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
200w.gif

Anders Bagge - Bigger Than The Universe = 9/10 🥺
Linda Bengtzing - Fyrfaldigt hurra! = 9/10 (finally an entry that lived up to her older stuff and Sweden did her dirty :cry: )
Cazzi Opeia - I Can't Get Enough = 8/10
Tribe Friday - Shut Me Up = 8/10
Lancelot - Lyckligt Slut = 7/10
Faith Kakembo - Freedom = 6/10
Lisa Miskovsky - Best To Come = 6/10

Unpopular opinion but this was the best Melodifestivalen heat since I can't even remember. Sure, there's nothing here that feels super dooper competitive but I cannot recall the last time I experienced a show where there was at least a little something to enjoy in each song.

Get rid of that children's choir and Anders can have full marks from me. Bigger Than The Universe is horrifically cheesy but my goodness, I wanna eat it all up almost. It's both humongous and super cute. Full of charm. The performance gets me hyped. Linda was wild with Fyrfaldigt hurra! I'm upset as she finally came back with a song I thought was on the same level as E det fel på mig and yet she still couldn't make even the second chance round.

I Can't Get Enough is a lovely little bouncy pop song. I'm not crazy for the styling but if that's her thing, why not? The performance was fun and the song is catchy. Shut Me Up was another goodie. Garage rock moments are rare in Eurovision selections and this one was doing its thing more than decently. Last was unfair. Lyckligt Slut was also nice. I wasn't in love with it but the song itself is hard to knock.

I still haven't made up my mind with Freedom but my initial reaction was one of disappointment when comparing it to the special Crying Rivers. Faith has a gorgeous voice and she's a very captivating performer. I'm still happy for her that she's gone directly to the final and I hope the song can grow on me. I more or less feel the same about Lisa's Best To Come. I was hoping for more. It's pleasant indie pop but too watered down, and the key change in this case is a no. It kind of sounds like a The War On Drugs song at times oddly enough, and they're my fave band so I should be digging this a lot more than I am.

Cornelia absolutely FTW still though but now I at least have Anders Bagge as backup and Cazzi too if she advances to the final 🥳

Last edited:

Franzilein

Lisa Miskovsky ♥ Her song gives me such a warm and fuzzy feeling, that woman is a blessing.

mauve

Veteran
Okay, I heard for the first time Cornelia's song live in order to see what the hype is all about. Get me on the hype train, please. xqueenbitchSince a loooooong while I have the feeling that I can support an entry from Sweden. This is just beautiful and really authentic. Because I like it, I doubt she will be chosen though. :(

A-lister

Veteran
How do you rank and comment my Lisa who was 3rd yesterday?
Lisa was fine, not as strong as her previous attempt but a pretty decent song.

Problem is it's more of an adult radio Pop song than something I could see in ESC, where I'm afraid it could be forgotten.

• Undo my Sad
Reactions: Mrm

Mrm

Veteran
Lisa was fine, not as strong as her previous attempt but a pretty decent song.

Problem is it's more of an adult radio Pop song than something I could see in ESC, where I'm afraid it could be forgotten.
Faith Kakembo won
10-1516-2930-44
These categories..
MF audience loves black singers so much!! Bless 'em.. xlove xheart

A-lister

Veteran
Faith Kakembo won
10-1516-2930-44
These categories..
MF audience loves black singers so much!! Bless 'em.. xlove xheart

I don't really share your "exotification" of black people tbh, I view all people as equals regardless of skin color or ethnicity and to me what someone brings to the table is the relevant part.

Faith's entry was meh, like I wrote is just an even blander version of this route Sweden has been on for some years now. I like her though, but the song is doing absolutely nothing for me. In fact I think I prefer her previous entry.

Mrm

Veteran
I also prefer her previous entry..
And I do not judge based on skin color..
My fave of 2022 is Lisa.. :)
But it is really visable MF audience votes black singers recently A LOT, 2019, 2020, 2021 winners of MF and in 2022 now John Lundvik and Faith Kakembo DTF!
I don't really share your "exotification" of black people tbh, I view all people as equals regardless of skin color or ethnicity and to me what someone brings to the table is the relevant part.

Faith's entry was meh, like I wrote is just an even blander version of this route Sweden has been on for some years now. I like her though, but the song is doing absolutely nothing for me. In fact I think I prefer her previous entry.

DanielLuis

Cazzi Opeia is the only one I would even consider tolerating winning against Cornelia so far.
I hope SF4 has a big surprise in store for us because it's all been way too underwhelming

kamc

Am I the only one hearing “Quedate Conmigo” in the chorus of Anders Bagge’s song? 👀

Top Bottom