'Cause there’s nothing to regret
Well, this is not what I wanted
Guess all the good things come to an end

So baby bye, bye
Wish you the best
But most of alI I wish that I could love you less
Well, maybe you're right
I'll find someone else
You say it isn't me, but when did that ever help?

Hold me closer
Although you'll leave before the sunrise
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
I found the right one at the wrong time
But until the sunrise
Hold tight, hold tight

Maybe it happened too fast
I guess that I understand
You say that you've never felt this way for anyone
And that's why it scares you to death

So baby bye, bye
Know it's for the best
Still I can't see how that would ease the pain in my chest

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you, mind I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night

'Cause tomorrow will hurt
Hurt really bad
'Cause I’m about to lose the best I ever had

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night (Hold me tight, hold me tight)

Can't you see that you found the right one at the wrong time?
It was just the wrong time
Hold tight, hold tight

Kaz

Cornelia Jakobs is such a breath of fresh air. It would be amazing to see Sweden depart from their usual over-polished production to send a much more organic and less choreographed performance.

alca

Oscar was kinda messy as a host, although I sort of enjoy his hosting style and sense of humor, but tonight either the nerves got the best of him or he was ill-prepared this evening.
He was worse on Friday night. I liked him last year but giving him a solo gig for all six shows is way too much. Let's hope he didn't rehearse enough for the first semi and he will improve later. If he doesn't he's gonna go down as (probably) the worst Melodifestivalen host ever.

Even Eric did a great job on Friday's rehearsal when they literally threw him in the green room right after his performance (all sweaty and stuff) because Farah wasn't there.

LoveHate

While Hold Me Closer sounded like an absolute masterpiece compared to the other songs, the chorus is annoyingly similar to the song Shallow. Not in a note for note copying kind of way, but my brain is expecting to hear the melody from Shallow (I’ll never meet the ground), and then not getting it.

Anyway, will probably remain my favorite in this year’s MF. In a perfect world it would win, and then they would be like: ”no, no, this needs to be sung in Swedish”.

lasse braun

While Hold Me Closer sounded like an absolute masterpiece
we need some help from youtube...soon - have not seen semi 1 because too busy with the more important shows.
i have found a 26 seconds live on stage snippet from mister bengtsson and it was a bad joke.

LoveHate

we need some help from youtube...soon - have not seen semi 1 because too busy with the more important shows.
i have found a 26 seconds live on stage snippet from mister bengtsson and it was a bad joke.
By hearing 26 seconds you must have missed at least 4 of the different songs they managed to cram into 3 minutes, while still sounding repetitive. Impressive in a sense.

I bims

Veteran
Watch before its gone

lasse braun

By hearing 26 seconds you must have missed at least 4 of the different songs they managed to cram into 3 minutes, while still sounding repetitive. Impressive in a sense.
?
i mean this - it seemed to be from the appearance - this is not good.
UPDATE: i am meanwhile not really sure that this video is from semi 1 appearence.
Watch before its gone
thx - it has delay in the audio but i can hear that this song was the best from semi 1 but it is also far away from something called masterpiece.

EscGeek

Veteran
B-A-N-A-NAS is my new favorite song of this year's season.

It is the Melfest equivalent of Rybak's "That's how you write a song"
Both songs feature elements that are the defining features of my past winners or songs i ranked very highly xbow xmusic

It's all three Ace Wilder' songs mashed up in one, with a lyrical reference to Malou's "I do me", and don't even get me started on the title and the most famous Iranian swede on the planet :sneaky:
The structure of the song is right up my alley. xdance2

I don't even want to comment of her elimination. She was perfect for me!

@Mrm I love Cornelia Jakobs, i'd send her DTF too. xmusic

Ezio

Veteran
Maybe that's the thing, they don't want to win again in quite some time (we did host twice quite recently after all).

But with this attitude we will soon NQ in ESC too...
I thought Björkman was obsessed with winning?

Ezio

Veteran
Just watched "Hold me closer". It's such a boring song by the book and has been there in every Melfest already.

I bims

Veteran
Maybe that's the thing, they don't want to win again in quite some time (we did host twice quite recently after all).
I mean it has been 7 years 👀
And I'm actually certain that Björkman wanted to leave with a fresh win under his belt.

Ezio

Veteran
It's already 7 years since a Nordic win, which kinda blows my mind. It's a very long non-winning streak. The longest since 1974 to 1984. (Iceland was robbed in 2020 though). Also an Eastern country hasn't won since 2016. The Mediterranean winning streak is quite impressive.

A-lister

Veteran
I thought Björkman was obsessed with winning?
Well, what he personally wants is one thing, what SVT (and ultimately the red-green-liberal mess of alliance ruling Sweden wants) is another thing.

As critical as I've been of Björkman throughout the years, I think the semi last day showed that neither he or the new head might have that much say after all.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
B-A-N-A-NAS is my new favorite song of this year's season.

It is the Melfest equivalent of Rybak's "That's how you write a song"
Both songs feature elements that are the defining features of my past winners or songs i ranked very highly xbow xmusic

It's all three Ace Wilder' songs mashed up in one, with a lyrical reference to Malou's "I do me", and don't even get me started on the title and the most famous Iranian swede on the planet :sneaky:
The structure of the song is right up my alley. xdance2

I don't even want to comment of her elimination. She was perfect for me!

@Mrm I love Cornelia Jakobs, i'd send her DTF too. xmusic

Comparing the Bananas mess with That's How You Write a Song seems just about all right (they both would make more sense in jESC), but I think it's unfair to compare it to Ace Wilder, which I think (if we can sorta look past her third attempt which was kinda bland), had some of the catchiest and well produced, yet quirky but not too quirky, MF Pop entries of the past decade. Ace Wilder actually brought something fresh to the contest and should have won already in 2014 instead of Sanna.

EscGeek

Veteran
Comparing the Bananas mess with That's How You Write a Song seems just about all right (they both would make more sense in jESC), but I think it's unfair to compare it to Ace Wilder, which I think (if we can sorta look past her third attempt which was kinda bland), had some of the catchiest and well produced, yet quirky but not too quirky, MF Pop entries of the past decade. Ace Wilder actually brought something fresh to the contest and should have won already in 2014 instead of Sanna.
Ace co-wrote Bananas though so the comparison is more than fair. The biggest compliment i can give to Bananas is that it sounds like a song by Ace Wilderxlove
When comparing these songs, i mostly had in mind lyrical content.

goncalovieira

It's already 7 years since a Nordic win, which kinda blows my mind. It's a very long non-winning streak. The longest since 1974 to 1984. (Iceland was robbed in 2020 though). Also an Eastern country hasn't won since 2016. The Mediterranean winning streak is quite impressive.
I really think that Eurovision power countries are now located in the south/central of Europe. Change of times...

Ezio

Veteran
I really think that Eurovision power countries are now located in the south/central of Europe. Change of times...
We needed and deserved that. But we need more power in Western and Central Europe as well. From Ireland to Poland, it's just dire straits. Also the Balkans faded into oblivion. I might root for Poland this year, if the hype is real.

Top Bottom