'Cause there’s nothing to regret
Well, this is not what I wanted
Guess all the good things come to an end

So baby bye, bye
Wish you the best
But most of alI I wish that I could love you less
Well, maybe you're right
I'll find someone else
You say it isn't me, but when did that ever help?

Hold me closer
Although you'll leave before the sunrise
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
I found the right one at the wrong time
But until the sunrise
Hold tight, hold tight

Maybe it happened too fast
I guess that I understand
You say that you've never felt this way for anyone
And that's why it scares you to death

So baby bye, bye
Know it's for the best
Still I can't see how that would ease the pain in my chest

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you, mind I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night

'Cause tomorrow will hurt
Hurt really bad
'Cause I’m about to lose the best I ever had

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night (Hold me tight, hold me tight)

Can't you see that you found the right one at the wrong time?
It was just the wrong time
Hold tight, hold tight

FilipFromSweden

I actually think the jury mix is pretty good this year, I would’ve liked to have seen :az: or :am: but you can’t have it all I guess

Schlagerman1

I actually think the jury mix is pretty good this year, I would’ve liked to have seen :az: or :am: but you can’t have it all I guess
I think it shows once again that the new MF-bosses are lazy and their cockyness is showing once again that Eurovision doesn't matter in the end. There should be at least 3 clearly eastern european countries in the jury to really stand out. We should have one from the baltics, one from the balkans and at least one more, either from Caucasus or from a more central european country (I guess Czech Republic COULD be counted as it narrowly). I don't even recognize Israel as a full eastern or western country, it is sort of both at the same time, thinking about their eastern diaspora in the televote, but their music is probably more western oriented in many regards.

I want to like Melodifestivalen, but it has been many years in a row now where the contest has started to lose it's power. I think it started in 2017 for me personally, when the drama took over the song contest, when Björkman decided to put Loreen against the hardest competition in Andra Chansen, Anton Hagman. Of course she would lose, the media was hating on her for the act and Björkman has recently said that he regretted that decision, that Loreen would have easily gone through against someone else (like those fake ass "model-rockers" with a decent song but no act). After that, the contest has been on a rollercoaster. 2019 and 2021 were pretty decent contests where I could feel that I could go through with a few faves. This year, there is only one, Cornelia Jakobs. And sure, that song is amazing, would be my favorite Melfest winner since 2012 even, but a contest where just one single song deserves to go to Eurovision is not okay for a country that won the competition 6 times, where 2 is still really fresh. And seeing how all the people working around the contest being so self-centered, not being very good at getting critiqued, showing that they see MF bigger than ESC, when it clearly should be the opposite furiates me.

And this is not an attack against you, it is just that I think we as swedish ESC-fans deserve better than this. It can't be this hard to make a fairer and more interesting contest than what SVT is bringing this year. And I think they should know it, and stop listen in on people in Melodifestivalklubben who still lives on like it is 2004 still (not all members, but I have met and seen some of the leading figures there and they do)...there are other fans than them that deserves to be heard too...

Loindici

Veteran
Watch the Israel jury being Tali Eshkoli for the 69th time, she's been visiting countries here and there and screwed up the competitions.

Loindici

Veteran
The song is actually pretty catchy.

Perhaps that's why she is loved by the catchiest music industry of today, if you know what I mean.
But that industry is also filled with Swedes, so what am I even talking lol

Mainshow

Veteran
Personally, I think that the juries are rather poor (aka SVT picking jury members)

As previously mentioned, apart from Czech Republic (which I personally consider to be a Central European country) there are no "traditional" Eastern European countries.

Also, we get Dutch and Israeli juries again - they already had a say last year (Melodifestivalen 2021) and also in 2020.
Israel was also a jury member in 2019.

If you "only" have 8 international juries, I´d prefer a concept which is more "realistic" to actual Eurovision (regarding the participating countries). 40 countries take part in Eurovision (more or less) and now you can do the maths: There´s no need to include the same country as part of the international jury two consecutive times or even 4 times in a row (like Israel).

If you really want to recreate a "Eurovision setting", I´d prefer to have a more balanced and rotating system in terms of the juries - especially since Melodifestivalen is the most well-received national final of every season and has functioned as a "role model" for Eurovision in recent years.

I don´t want to level criticism just because of the sake of "criticsm" but I strongly believe that the lack of variety in terms of international jury members as well as the very "Western/Central centric view" somehow shows that Melodifestivalen has somehow become quite "stale" (also song-wise).

Anyway, I will still be watching the final since "Melodifestivalen" is still very entertaining but honestly, they should become bolder and a bit more daring. I was hoping for a change after Björkman left but honestly, there´s no difference to recent Melodifestivalen editions.

Last edited:

Realest

Again no german Jury, although we made Sanna win and gave 12 Points to Benjamin and Robin S. at Eurovision.
Very ungrateful.

empo21

Veteran
Dear SVT, I'm literally right here if you need some :bg: representation xangel I'll be fair xangel

I am worried about the 2nd round of televote after the jury, though. Didn't they say that they'll keep the lines for longer this year? Since I dont think Anders can win the jury vote, I feel like he'd get a huge wave of support immediately after.

tsegaye

Dear SVT, I'm literally right here if you need some :bg: representation xangel I'll be fair xangel

I am worried about the 2nd round of televote after the jury, though. Didn't they say that they'll keep the lines for longer this year? Since I dont think Anders can win the jury vote, I feel like he'd get a huge wave of support immediately after.
It could go either way, if he's too far behind the lead the televoters can abandon him like they did with Wiktoria in 2017. Hopefully that will be the casexqueenbitch

FilipFromSweden

They always do that. Let's also remember that the voting is limited (5 app votes per song and 5 old school televotes per song). So it's not like most people who really want one song to win is going to go from 0 to 5 votes after the juries have spoken

reginanoctis

They always do that. Let's also remember that the voting is limited (5 app votes per song and 5 old school televotes per song). So it's not like most people who really want one song to win is going to go from 0 to 5 votes after the juries have spoken
I thought 5 televotes per song sounded like very few, so had to look it up and it's actually 20:
"I deltävlingarna och i finalen går det att ringa 10 gånger per bidrag på Radiohjälpens nummer samt 10 gånger per bidrag på det alternativa numret."

Top Bottom