'Cause there’s nothing to regret
Well, this is not what I wanted
Guess all the good things come to an end

So baby bye, bye
Wish you the best
But most of alI I wish that I could love you less
Well, maybe you're right
I'll find someone else
You say it isn't me, but when did that ever help?

Hold me closer
Although you'll leave before the sunrise
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
I found the right one at the wrong time
But until the sunrise
Hold tight, hold tight

Maybe it happened too fast
I guess that I understand
You say that you've never felt this way for anyone
And that's why it scares you to death

So baby bye, bye
Know it's for the best
Still I can't see how that would ease the pain in my chest

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you, mind I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night

'Cause tomorrow will hurt
Hurt really bad
'Cause I’m about to lose the best I ever had

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night (Hold me tight, hold me tight)

Can't you see that you found the right one at the wrong time?
It was just the wrong time
Hold tight, hold tight

popavapeur

I can't with Anna's songs, like it's this monotone melody from second 1 to the last, it's uneventful at best. She has the vocals to deliver so much more than this (and some of her others entries)

btw I think it's Cornelia or Klara for Sweden this year.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Seems like the semi final next week will be stronger than the actual final (so far). Most of my favorite entries will be there. Crossing all fingers for Danne Stråhed, Lisa Miskovsky, Anna Bergendahl and Lillasyster! xpray Tone Sekelius could also be a good choice from that lineup.

ESCREGION

Send Medina to Turin please...

Fluke

Okay so, Medina made the final which is nice, i could actually see this winning, and wouldn't mind, it would be something new for sure, though there's something oddly ominous and depressing about it for a "party song", much of the time is spent without drums and the low-pitched chanting sound almost satanic or evil, i imagine even more so to non-Swedish speakers!

Klara's song was garbage, plain and simple. The performance had problems too, it was big and professional but the forced smiling and turning to the camera was weird and awkward. Anna Bergendahl i don't like, and Lillasyster i absolutely hate, not to mention the song was like some silly Rick Astley-pop with hard rock accompaniement and ridiculously growling vocals. At one point he sounded like he was gorging beer and it got into his lungs...

Malin Christin, as forgettable as most would have thought. Kinda disappointed neither Tenori or Angelino made it. Tenori's song had problems, and it's really not appropriate for Sweden to send, and i guess the score was surprisingly good after all. Angelino though, i really thought could make a shock win or very close, the song gave me that "winner feeling" at the end, not that i even like it that much, i'm just surprised he didn't do better, but i guess charisma was lacking.

So now that we've heard them all, who's the likely and deserving winner? Unfortunately, once again i find none of the female entries that strong. For me it's between Liamoo (slick, too conventional and typical Swedish), Medina (weird but fun and solid enough) and Theoz (amazing, but the song itself could be better). Maybe i'll feel differently in two weeks though, and..... Tone Sekelius could get my vote if she really improves and makes the final, Faith Kakembo i kinda want to like but the song just doesn't have it, it's another generic MF-songwriting-team-product, even Robin Bengtsson actually has a better song though i would never vote for him anyway.

So it's down to those three, could i be right? Of course people are talking about Cornelia and Anders Bagge a lot, i guess neither would be terrible winners in my opinion, but not good enough. I want a female to win as much as anyone, but they just didn't have any even remotely decent songs as far as i'm concerned, and the risk seems pretty great that the MF winner won't be something i even approve of this year.

I bims

Veteran
So I have 5 MF songs now in my Spotify list, that's 4 more than last year AND I additionally like some other songs as well (but not enough to listen to them every day). So this year's MF edition is, for me, stronger than last year.

And I also have to say that if Cornelia is the swedish representative, she will be my No.1 and I will root for Sweden to win and will vote for them. The last MF song that I liked that much was Dotter... and we know what happened :cry:
If Anders Bagge wins... I'm sorry but then I have to root against Sweden. It's just so cheesy and bland.

Realest

Can someone explain me the Anders Hype?
Does he have a Backstory?

Datura

Cornelia Jakobs is my clear favourite aswell.
2nd would be Liamoo, Medina 3rd

Top Bottom