A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices voices
Can you hear them
A million voices​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
And of course the Swedish media is blaming the criticism the entry receives on "racism", how predictable :lol:, is this really the only thing this entry has got going for it to constantly use the Race card? xshrug

There was an article just the other day on SVT's main webpage claiming that Tusse apparently received "tons of racist attacks and hate" on social media after his rehearsal, yet they of course couldn't come up with any examples or proof of those claims so it was just some empty Swedish activist "journalism" at its finest again (unfortunately sanctioned by tax payers).

"I don't like the song" = Racism!
"Those aren't good live vocals" = Racism!
"That outfit is ridiculous" = Racism!

If this doesn't qualify and ends up top. 10 in the final, the Swedish media will be screaming "Europe is racist!", mark my words!

crashworld

Veteran
And of course the Swedish media is blaming the criticism the entry receives on "racism", how predictable :lol:, is this really the only thing this entry has got going for it to constantly use the Race card? xshrug

There was an article just the other day on SVT's main webpage claiming that Tusse apparently received "tons of racist attacks and hate" on social media after his rehearsal, yet they of course couldn't come up with any examples or proof of those claims so it was just some empty Swedish activist "journalism" at its finest again (unfortunately sanctioned by tax payers).

"I don't like the song" = Racism!
"Those aren't good live vocals" = Racism!
"That outfit is ridiculous" = Racism!

If this doesn't qualify and ends up top. 10 in the final, the Swedish media will be screaming "Europe is racist!", mark my words!

LOL! These Swedish media needs to open their eyes. Who was the top of the bookie favourites all this while, it's Destiny.
And surprise, she is a BIPOC. And didn't John Lundvik did well in 2019, and surprise, he is also a BIPOC.

A-lister

Veteran
LOL! These Swedish media needs to open their eyes. Who was the top of the bookie favourites all this while, it's Destiny.
And surprise, she is a BIPOC. And didn't John Lundvik did well in 2019, and surprise, he is also a BIPOC.

This! But they are technically activists working for the government, this is all propaganda targeting locals but it's all utter stupidity with no basis in reality but they don't care and unfortunately it seems to work on Swedes (I mean they practically said people were racist if they didn't vote for Tusse in MF, go figure).

I just feel sad for Tusse that he is used as a tool in a propaganda war and not being judged by the same standards.

Kaz

Fr Eurovision this year literally has more representation than pretty much any other year on record
We got POC/minority representatives for :au: :at: :cz: :il: :mt: :nl: :ru: :se: (plus :fr: by descent)
Celebrate diversity yall

A-lister

Veteran
Fr Eurovision this year literally has more representation than pretty much any other year on record
We got POC/minority representatives for :au: :at: :cz: :il: :mt: :nl: :ru: :se: (plus :fr: by descent)
Celebrate diversity yall

This, but Swedish media are in a bubble of their own. I think for an outsider it's hard to comprehend, sometimes I'm also shocked at the level of absurdity but it's just part of local propaganda to claim everything as racism.

Preuss

I mean, to be fair, Tusse's got many racist comments due to his skin color, but Swedish media should know that this is their weakest entry since Anna Bergendahl. Sweden usually does this genre very well, but there are many problems here such as Tusse's outfit which is hideous, him not having performed the song a single time without vocal issues, bland stagings by Swedish standards, and not the best song either. Sweden usually has the package, this year they don't imo -- many components are missing... xthink

Zeus

Only the juries can save this.

I guess everything will depend on his voice in the jury show.

Citelis

Before the rehearsals i was thinking that he can win the jury vote but now it's obvious that he doesn't have that much potential. But come on now he is not that bad to stay in the semi.

FilipFromSweden

annas song weak?
nope!
she was only at the wrong time at the ESC - means too late.

xqueenbitch
Thank you. The problem with Sweden's entry in 2010 was that there were too many songs in the same style or category as Anna. 2010 also had the most uneven semi-finals ever: qualifying from the first semi-final was a piece of cake (Belarus is a good example) while the second semi-final was a bloodbath. No entry from the first semi-final made top 5

rasmuslights

Veteran
yeah he will qualify but it will be Sweden's worst result since probably Anna Bergendahl.. unfortunately, it just gets lost in the mix.. but we already knew that ever since he won melfest due to his story like there is no way that Dotter would win if she sang this song, she would probably get like 6th place..

A-lister

Veteran
I mean, to be fair, Tusse's got many racist comments due to his skin color, but Swedish media should know that this is their weakest entry since Anna Bergendahl. Sweden usually does this genre very well, but there are many problems here such as Tusse's outfit which is hideous, him not having performed the song a single time without vocal issues, bland stagings by Swedish standards, and not the best song either. Sweden usually has the package, this year they don't imo -- many components are missing... xthink

Please, where did he get all these allegedly comments from? I have yet to see one tbh. Mixing up criticizing the entry/song/performance/outfit/vocals or not liking him as an artist simply doesn't equal "racism" as the Swedish press is trying to sell. We have plenty of artists "of color" this year in Eurovision, one of the big pre-favs also happen to be, and Sweden already won Eurovision with an artist "of" color back in 2012 and in 2019 we did very well with John Lundvik as well, so it's just a narrative sold by the Swedish media directed at locals.

Also, I disagree about the Anna tbh, it's actually one of our best entries in the past decades imo, and one of our most honest and authentic attempts and it is worth repeating: would have qualified if it wasn't due to juries! "Voices" however is indeed one of our worst entries, it just screams bland.

Last edited:

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Please, where did he get all these allegedly comments from? I have yet to see one tbh.
sis it took me two minutes by searching 'tusse' on twitter

it was news even here in :br: and we don't care about esc

and guess what: there was a racist (now deleted) comment 🙃

Both are not exclusive.

A-lister

Veteran
@anaraqueen @crashworld

Ok thank you for sharing because I didn't see any, on the other hand I don't really engage much in social media (like Twitter and the likes) so that can explain it. I am always open to be "taught" something and admit if I was wrong so thank you for the examples.

So fair enough, the world is filled with idiots (no surprise), and these comments suck... but from my understanding they've been deleted? (some of these smell very Russian bots to me tbh, this is the stuff they're busy with among other things). Don't get me wrong guys, Tusse does not deserve this crap, but it doesn't change the fact that Swedish media is also making politics of his origin and skin color, I personally detest racism and exotification equally, can people just let the guy be judged on his entry and not make it a race thing? xshrug

Hating on him because of his race is obviously despicable, using him as a tool and make it seem like just not liking the entry is "racism" is also a form of twisted racism.

Gosh this world :( So divided and both sides play into that...

crashworld

Veteran
In my opinion, if the Swedish media wants to pick up the racism sentiment towards Tusse, that's very much needed.

But they shouldn't twist the narrative that if Tusse doesn't do well that's because the people voting in ESC are racist. There's no downvoting at the end of the day. Unless they are suggesting that people are deliberately voting for other counties just so Tusse doesn't do well in the contest, but there's no way to prove that and that will require a massive collective arrangement.

So narh, if Sweden doesn't do well this year, it's solely because the overall package is average and people have enough of such entries from Sweden.

A-lister

Veteran
In my opinion, if the Swedish media wants to pick up the racism sentiment towards Tusse, that's very much needed.

But they shouldn't twist the narrative that if Tusse doesn't do well that's because the people voting in ESC are racist. There's no downvoting at the end of the day. Unless they are suggesting that people are deliberately voting for other counties just so Tusse doesn't do well in the contest, but there's no way to prove that and that will require a massive collective arrangement.

So narh, if Sweden doesn't do well this year, it's solely because the overall package is average and people have enough of such entries from Sweden.

They should, but the problem is they make it a narrative and a political thing and turn it into a complete different discussion, and seeing how they've been selling this entry from the get-go based on race and politics and not based on the entry itself, I know that their reasons for even mentioning that isn't as "pure" as some might think, and that's my concern (not that it's mentioned per se, since I think it's important to address racism but to exotify someone or have different merits for someone is also a form racism).

I'm pretty sure they will blame "racist Europe" (as they often do here) if it doesn't go our way, but that's just silly and while there is racism out there, the folks that generally watch Eurovision these days (even casual viewers) aren't really among the most close-minded and bigoted in societes, the latter groups tend to have no interest in Eurovision what so ever (I think to even be remotely interested in Eurovision you need to be somewhat open), so nah I don't see a "downvote" happening... also he is hardly alone of being an artist of "color" this year, and it will just be silly if there will be racist claims if he fails while seeing someone like Destiny perhaps even winning...

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
I do think racism can indeed play a card here, just not in the way you are thinking - less "negative voting", more "black people have to excel at everything to be on the same competitive level of a 'just good' white competitor".

this article is using the us as the example, but you can grasp the gist of it.

now @ topic eurovision: if tusse flops (either in semi or the final), will it be solely because of racism? i don't believe so, because his song is not the strongest one (he has better stuff) and his performance on rehearsal wasn't the best either. i believe he is competing at the wrong time - as in it would have been better if he had a bit more of experience and sense of his musical identity, perhaps.

i can't comment on Swedish media because I don't understand swedish :lol: so it is out of my zone.

A-lister

Veteran
I do think racism can indeed play a card here, just not in the way you are thinking - less "negative voting", more "black people have to excel at everything to be on the same competitive level of a 'just good' white competitor".

this article is using the us as the example, but you can grasp the gist of it.

now @ topic eurovision: if tusse flops (either in semi or the final), will it be solely because of racism? i don't believe so, because his song is not the strongest one (he has better stuff) and his performance on rehearsal wasn't the best either. i believe he is competing at the wrong time - as in it would have been better if he had a bit more of experience and sense of his musical identity, perhaps.

i can't comment on Swedish media because I don't understand swedish :lol: so it is out of my zone.

That might be the case in some contexts, as for modern day Eurovision I really don't think so tbh (perhaps in certain markets, but not in general). As I mentioned already, and I truly believe that's the case, most people who tune into Eurovision are on average a bit more open-minded and progressive than your average person out there and such bigoted people who commented, I believe aren't even fans of the show or even casual viewers, I think it's more internet trolls or even bots in some cases. Sure, there might be some racism in Eurovision context too, but I think it's limited and not impactful at all.

I hope people simply judge entries on their merits and in comparison to the competition they face, and frankly I think most people do that in the context of Eurovision. Expecting less from Tusse because of his skin color is the same as him having to prove more than others, it's basically the other side of the coin, but both are bad and dehumanizing in their own ways.

Imho this is a weak entry, and it would be weak regardless of who sung it. No one even discussed race when we chose Loreen, because she had a banger entry, and this time it feels like they don't really believe the entry can succeed on its own merits and thus have to use the race card and it's just sad and cheap and I don't think it will help Tusse nor the entry tbh.

Top Bottom