Il pleut de l'or
Ensemble partons pour faire le grand tour
Sous la voute étoilée
Les destins sont dorés
Toute la nuit et jusqu'à l'aurore
Il pleut de l'or[/center:xzcjlvoo]

TF100

Re: SCHWEIZ/SUISSE/SVIZZERA - Switzerland 2010

Swiss selection has already been open for some time already, in fact it closes pretty soon. It'll almost certainly be an internal choice again, the artist should fulfil the same specifications as the past few years, i.e. having had a few chart hits already. Hopefully this time they manage to get someone who can do it live as well!

TF100

94ayd said:
I'm very surprised and impressed by the Swiss' desire to continue trying.

Well their reaction to being asked if they would take part in 2010 after their failure in 2009 was that "participation doesn't cost us very much so we might as well" :lol:

My Star

TF100 said:
94ayd said:
I'm very surprised and impressed by the Swiss' desire to continue trying.

Well their reaction to being asked if they would take part in 2010 after their failure in 2009 was that "participation doesn't cost us very much so we might as well" :lol:
Good attitude xD

Raul_Spain

Michel von der Heide to Oslo. Good choice again!

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

It sucks that we have to wait 3 weeks but at least more and more information are coming in.

TF100

Re: SUISSE - Switzerland-Michael von der Heide- Il pleut de l'or

Yay, first "too bloody long for a thread title" act & song of the year :D "Il pleut de l'or" means "It's Raining Gold" if anyone is interested :)

Milos-BC

Don't think i know him from before, i checked some of his songs on YT, and he seems quite ok :) Now we just need to wait for the song :)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

and as per eurovision.tv

Berne, Switzerland - Swiss TV SF announced today that popular singer Michael von der Heide will represent the country in the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest which will take place in Oslo in May next year. There, he will perform Il Pleut de L'Or.

Michael von der Heide is no stranger to the Eurovision Song Contest world having participated in the German national selection in 1999 with the song Bye Bye Bar. He didn't win that time, but 11 years later, he was chosen internally by Swiss TV to represent the country in the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest with the French-sung Il Pleut De L'Or.

The Swiss singer released his first album in 1996 which was followed by seven more with the last one Freie Sicht also being released in Germany. His repertoire consists of songs in Swiss-German, German, French and English and altogether, he has released 15 singles so far. His biggest success was the album Tourist which reached no.5 in the official Swiss sales charts in 2000.

His song for Oslo will be premiered on the 9th of January on Swiss TV during the SwissAward gala.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

and esctoday's article:

The renowned singer Michael von der Heide will represent Switzerland at the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 in Oslo. A national panel of experts selected Heide's song "Il pleut de l'or" out of over 60 entries.
Michael von der Heide has been on the Swiss music scene since 1996 has already released numerous albums, which have regularly achieved placings in the charts.

He has been on concert stages at home and abroad, and has appeared on countless TV shows worldwide. Swiss Television is delighted that with Michael von der Heide, a musician and singer who is well established in the Swiss music scene, will participate in the Eurovision Song Contest.

Michael is familiar to the Eurovision Song Contest world having participated in the German national selection in 1999 with the song Bye Bye Bar which came 5th.

Michael von der Heide will present for the first time publicly his entry for Switzerland "Il pleut de l'or", during the "Swiss Award" show on Swiss tv on Saturday, 09th January 2010.

AlekS

Veteran

If the song will be in his usual style he can even qualify to the final, imo, depends of his competitors of course.
Not my fave kind of performers but I don't dislike him, 50/50.

TF100

The song is said to be uptempo and he will have female backing singers on stage with him in Oslo.

Jukica

(Retired) Admin

Hm, his songs are not my cup of tea ... but I hope the song'll be good.

AlekS

Veteran

When they called me and said about my participation I almost cried. My dream came true. I thought: "now or never". This is the 1st time when I applied for Switzerland. The main reason was Patricia Kaas' participation last year. I noticed that even very famous performers use this platform. My goal is obvious - I want to qualify for the final.
I think that my song has big potential. This is fast tempo song in French. There will be few female backing vocalists with me on stage.

source: esckaz

KilledByShoes

If the song will be in his usual style it will be the sort of thing that people from Switzerland & Germany will like ... Not me, though. :lol:
But on the other hand it will be in French and I don't think that French language suits this kind of songs at all so they might go for something a bit different ... And I kind of like the title as well. I think I still have some hope.

Top Bottom