Pa’ romper cadera’, romper corazones
Solo existe una
No hay imitaciones (Na, na)
Y si aún no me crees, pues me toca mostrárselo

Take a video
Watch it slo mo, mo, mo, mo, mo
Booty hypnotic
Make you want more, more, morе, more, more
Voy a bajarlo hasta el suеlo, lo, lo, lo, lo (Yeah)
If you wish, you could do this dembow (Do this dembow)
Drives you loco (Yeah)
Take a video, watch it slo mo

Te gusta todo lo que tengo
Te endulzo la cara en jugo de mango
Se te dispara cuando la prendo
Hasta el final, yo no me detengo
Take a sip of my cola-la
Un poco salvaje na-na-na
Make it go like pa-pa-pa-pa
Like pa-pa-pa-pa-pa

Y no se confundan (Y no se confundan)
Señora’ y señore’
Yo siempre ‘toy ready (Yo siempre estoy ready)
Pa’ romper cadera’, romper corazone’
Solo existe una (Solo existe una)
No hay imitaciones (Na, na, na)
Y si aún no me crees, pues me toca mostrárselo (Oye)

Take a video
Booty hypnotic
Make you want more, more, more, more, more
Voy a bajarlo hasta el suelo, lo, lo, lo, lo
Drives you loco (Yeah)
Take a video
Booty hypnotic
Drives you loco (Yeah)

Y no se confundan (Y no se confundan)
Señora’ y señore’
Yo siempre ‘toy ready (Yo siempre estoy ready)
Pa’ romper cadera’, romper corazones
Solo existe una (Solo existe una)
No hay imitaciones (Na, na, na)
Y si aún no me crees, pues me toca mostrárselo (Oye)

Take a video
Booty hypnotic
If you wish, you could do this dembow (Haz el dembow)
Drives you loco (Yeah)

Take a video
Watch it slo mo​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ausesken

I agree with the second part but I don´t think that it just won because of politics - I have voted for Russia AND Ukraine that year because I thought that both entries were absolutely amazing. Russia was a well-produced and catchy bop but Jamala had the best performance for my liking (emotional, I had goosebumps) etc. - Actually, I think that juries placing Jamala last was more of a political statement than seeing her as a winner which was more luck than everything since she didn´t win the televoting or the jury vote that year.

Personally, I don´t mind songs which are "slightly political" - apart from the song title, there are no direct references to any current political issues or even historic ones - it´s as political as other winning entries such as :de: 1982 or :it: 1990 - which are somehow political as well and one could argue that they won Eurovision because of their message(s) (wanting to unite Europe - which is a political aim as well).
I'd prefer not mixing Eurovision with politics, as this is a contest to unite, not to divide. And I can't think of anything more dividing than politics! However, I admit that a contest in which all the songs are about love or friendship is not as interesting as including songs with a slight political message. However, 1944 was chosen in the right moment in order to win for political reasons. To me, the prove is that Jamala felt entitled to judge other artists like she was the guardian of the Ukrainian territorial integrity or something like that. She knew she won because of that.

Mainshow

Veteran
Didn't it cross your mind that they give you the best marks just bc they wanted the speech to be over? That is density elevated to a different dimension...(just kidding i am sure your speech was great 💤💤).
I dont like the song neither.
hehe, nah ;) The oral exam´s duration was 1 whole hour - I talked about teaching films in an EFL classroom, authenticity, authentic material such as songs and used "1944" as an example and I had to make points why it would be a great fit for the classroom but my professor really liked that example ;)

I still don´t believe "1944" just won because of politics because that would have been too easy. Jamala was an excellent vocalist and performer that night as well and the song is original and very different to most songs performed that night.

I agree, though, that she seems to "be the guardian of the Ukrainian territorial integrity" as we all could have witnessed during Vidbir 2019. Poor Maruv and these other twins.

Yeah, just having 40 songs about friendship and love would be boring. Personally, I think that Armenia 2015 or France 2015 were as political or even more political than "1944" and even :al: 2019 asked for former Albanian migrants and refugees to come back to the home land and thus, it is really difficult to draw a line here.
Personally, I think that entries such as Belarus 2021 are a different case because they mock people and got selected by a propaganda TV channel but yeah, it´s always a bit difficult to mix politics with Eurovision but somehow only Eastern European countries get criticised for it (I haven´t seen fans asking the entries from :fr: 2015 & 2018 or :it: 2018 to be disqualified).

Anyway, I just showed my mother "SloMo" and she was heavily impressed by Chanel´s dancing skills and charisma but she didn´t like the song at all. She was rooting for Rayden as well (and she wasn´t fond of "Ay Mama").

Mainshow

Veteran
1 hour speech in German?? Isnt that considered torture by the Unesco???
Sorry sorry it is Friday i cannot control my fingers.
It wasn´t a speech (more like a conversation in which I had to talk way more) and it was entirely in English ;)

It´s alright - we are all excited about the national final of Ireland tonight :p:LOL:

njdevils94

Veteran
I won't deny its value for other uses, but still I don't like it. It's boring, I don't like her voice, and it's obvious it won for political reasons. As disgusting as the moment in which Jamala made MARUV take a political stance against Russia knowing she was popular in this country and made her visibly uncomfortable. Then it was clear Jamala's intentions regarding Eurovision.
Maruv's participation was a publicity stunt from the beginning. Sh never was going to ESC. Also it was Ukrainian television that forced this to be brought up. Jamala was just the person who put out the question seeing she's the one who has been through a lot of terrible stuff in her life. Look at what is going on now between Russia-Ukraine you would feel the same way if your country was under threat. The reality is Western Europe never will have any clue what Jamala has been through because they don't live in those conditions thankfully in the present day for the most part.

nudiecrudi

I think that all this mess was created by the incapacity of RTVE.
Giving such a power to a jury composed by few people was really very wrong decision. RTVE had a good example by Sanremo voting system which gives the same dignity to all the kinds of juries. A similar case has happened with Mahmood 2019 but things were a bit different. Mahmood won experts jury ( composed by 20 people) and demoscopic jury ( 1000 people), Ultimo won the televote. And the problem wasn't raised by the fans but from two questionable politics trying for visibility and Ultimo himself.
Now in this case the two juries were completely canceled because they didn't have enough weight compared to a group of few experts.
Now all the drama is ridiculous.
The fact is that Chanel won, its not her to blame she only did an excellent job.
My vote changed from 6 to 12 for the solidarity

Ausesken

Maruv's participation was a publicity stunt from the beginning. Sh never was going to ESC. Also it was Ukrainian television that forced this to be brought up. Jamala was just the person who put out the question seeing she's the one who has been through a lot of terrible stuff in her life. Look at what is going on now between Russia-Ukraine you would feel the same way if your country was under threat. The reality is Western Europe never will have any clue what Jamala has been through because they don't live in those conditions thankfully in the present day for the most part.
Well, say Jamala or say Ukrainian television, sending her song in Eurovision was a political message against Russia and conveniently it won. Who knows, perhaps in a different context it would have won anyway, but I have the feeling the context really helped her to win. And no matter her life has been obviously much harder than ours, this is not a reason to vote for her in a music contest.
If someone doesn't like Terra, they shouldn't vote for it because it's sung in 4 different languages that were forbidden during 40 years in Spain. If someone hates 'Ay mamá', they shouldn't vote for it because of the 'free the nipple' campaign. Instead, I have the feeling some people voted for 1944 just because of extra-musical reasons. This is my impression, but I could be wrong and people actually loved it...

jatojo

And precisely the result of bringing politics into Eurovision is very clear with Jamala’s win: you get one of the worst winners ever (this is my opinion ofc). I haven’t heard that song anywhere again.

Same here. I love her as an artist - but her winning song didn't appeal to me at all. To be fair, it does have a decent rank when you look at polls about the ESC winners of the last decade(s).

Iker

Veteran
Well, say Jamala or say Ukrainian television, sending her song in Eurovision was a political message against Russia and conveniently it won. Who knows, perhaps in a different context it would have won anyway, but I have the feeling the context really helped her to win. And no matter her life has been obviously much harder than ours, this is not a reason to vote for her in a music contest.
If someone doesn't like Terra, they shouldn't vote for it because it's sung in 4 different languages that were forbidden during 40 years in Spain. If someone hates 'Ay mamá', they shouldn't vote for it because of the 'free the nipple' campaign. Instead, I have the feeling some people voted for 1944 just because of extra-musical reasons. This is my impression, but I could be wrong and people actually loved it...

I get you, but I loved Jamala's song not because of the message or some political sympathy but first of all because of how the music itself sounds there. It gave me massive goosebumps. :)

Last edited:

Bmbriga

Poor Maruv and these other twins.
As disgusting as the moment in which Jamala made MARUV take a political stance against Russia knowing she was popular in this country and made her visibly uncomfortable.
As hard as we all want to be "it's just music, music connects people" and so on...

But let's not live in LaLa Land and pretend that being signed for Russian label doesn't mean helping that label earn money and contributing into their tax system which also means funding their military.

Also, as non-resident foreigners, Ukrainian artists have to pay a 30-percent income tax on every legal payment they get for their concerts in Russia. That means $300 of every $1,000 they make goes to the Russian state budget.

Artists have a right not to give a shit about that, but other people also have a right to know, care and not want those people represent their country.

Jonkonfui

You know what people? I am possessed by this Dina Mumbara song... It is in my head all day long. Corri corri, pichilori pichilori.

njdevils94

Veteran
The back-up songs in case someone withdrew. (Luna Ki of course did withdraw but it was too late by then.)

:cl: Javiera Mena also replaced Nina Polaca.

x9IzB_Thbqc.jpg

Ausesken

As hard as we all want to be "it's just music, music connects people" and so on...

But let's not live in LaLa Land and pretend that being signed for Russian label doesn't mean helping that label earn money and contributing into their tax system which also means funding their military.

Also, as non-resident foreigners, Ukrainian artists have to pay a 30-percent income tax on every legal payment they get for their concerts in Russia. That means $300 of every $1,000 they make goes to the Russian state budget.

Artists have a right not to give a shit about that, but other people also have a right to know, care and not want those people represent their country.
I understand it very well, but I think it's better just not inviting to the show those artists that work for a Russian label, instead of making them say publicly whether they think X or Y, or finding any other discreet way to make sure all the artist meet your requirements. That drama was totally unnecessary. At least here, one's ideology is one of the most delicate personal data, along with name, gender, age, etc. Perhaps in Ukraine personal data is not protected by the law? But anyway that question before the audience was out of place.

Bmbriga

I understand it very well, but I think it's better just not inviting to the show those artists that work for a Russian label, instead of making them say publicly whether they think X or Y, or finding any other discreet way to make sure all the artist meet your requirements. That drama was totally unnecessary. At least here, one's ideology is one of the most delicate personal data, along with name, gender, age, etc. Perhaps in Ukraine personal data is not protected by the law? But anyway that question before the audience was out of place.
I understand what you mean and respect your opinion. This topic would require a bit longer conversation and I don't think people would appreciate it, especially not in Spain thread. So, yeah, let's just leave it for some other day. xup😉

Hikaru

I love Ay Mama but the performance was a mess, Rigoberta didn't seem that professional in my opinion, she and her team could have done something more serious and with a deeper message but they went for that route, and they lost.

Slow Mo is nothing new, nothing surprising neither the new descend of God, but is catchy and it makes my body want to do erratic moves so that I can call it dancing, and I don't feel tired after I listen the song three times or more!

Terra... well, I have never liked the song, the concept is cool but I don't like Txungeiras and their whole image, to me it seemed like something I would see in the 90s or in early 2000s, they reminded me of Azucar Moreno with Amante Bandido and of Las Ketchup, for real, I think they should have made something a bit more commercial but with the same concept of singing in different official languages of Spain.

Pd: I have noticed that Ay Mama, Terra and Slow Mo final videos have almost 3 million views on YouTube!

Last edited:

Shadowfuxcs

Despite the drama I don't think that Spain could have gone wrong with either slomo or Terra. Contrary to the majority of people I prefer slomo as a studio version but Terra won me over with the staging and vocal performance. However Channel's staging, choreo and even her live vocals are really strong, arguably stronger than any "fuego"-type entry we've had since 2018. In fact the level of performing that Channel accomplished at the BF is technically more demanding than what Eleni did with Fuego, albeit Fuego's staging was more clean and palatable for the wider audience. Spain has a decent chance for top 10 (there is no real competition for them right now based on the other selected songs and also on the songs competing in national finals currently), as long as they don't get buried with an early spot in the first half of the final.

Top Bottom