Contact us

(... so maybe this is the) General Discussion Thread

Loindici

Veteran
Well, I can't find the 2024 general discussion thread yet. I'm providing a thread to house it before mods will make one.

You may discuss anything related to the 2024 contest in general.

EDIT: Welp, I guess it has manifested into one.xshrug Let's go guys!

Last edited:

empo21

Veteran

ESC94

Final 5 + host now perform live during the semis in between the entries!!!

Televote lines for the grand final open before the 1st song.

Changes that I dont dislike? I'm truly shocked. Osterdahl ate today

I´m okay with the Big 5 performing in the semis, but they already had voting right from the start in 2010 and 2011 and cancelled it because it was barely used. So I think it´s kinda useless imo. xthink

Looren

Veteran
What's the point of opening the voting lines at the start of the show ?

Apart from that the changes are fine

njdevils94

Veteran

The big 5 and host performing in the semifinals between semifinal acts is very :it: Sanremo-ish to me. Not a fan of the change at all and I have no doubt at least one country will be screwed over as a result.

HarryUK

Veteran
Why are they trying to make Eurovision more like Melfest every bloody time they host. Cba

I like the Big 5 + last year’s winner performing live in the semi’s though!

0scar

SVT: We want to shorten the duration of the grand final
SVT: *proceeds to lengthen the duration of the semi finals*

Anyways, I'm fine with the prequalified entries to be performed in the semi-finals, but I'm not really sure about them being slotted in between the competing entries of that semi. Kinda weird to have songs you cannot (don't have to) vote for performed between songs viewers have to form an opinion on.

Loindici

Veteran
I´m okay with the Big 5 performing in the semis, but they already had voting right from the start in 2010 and 2011 and cancelled it because it was barely used. So I think it´s kinda useless imo. xthink

I think it could be effective in cases where people are just going to vote for their favorites and switch channels. They won't miss the longer voting period.

The prequalifiers performing on the semis might be a good change...? That would help countries like :es: :fr: :uk: and :de: to gain some traction or visibility to several million people before the final and not exclusively tank because people forgot they were there.

ESC94

I think it could be effective in cases where people are just going to vote for their favorites and switch channels. They won't miss the longer voting period.

The prequalifiers performing on the semis might be a good change...? That would help countries like :es: :fr: :uk: and :de: to gain some traction or visibility to several million people before the final and not exclusively tank because people forgot they were there.

Hm, I´m not convinced by that, in this case they could´ve stayed with that rule after 2011 but they didn´t.

Loindici

Veteran
SVT: We want to shorten the duration of the grand final
SVT: *proceeds to lengthen the duration of the semi finals*

Anyways, I'm fine with the prequalified entries to be performed in the semi-finals, but I'm not really sure about them being slotted in between the competing entries of that semi. Kinda weird to have songs you cannot (don't have to) vote for performed between songs viewers have to form an opinion on.
I was not on board at first, but thinking again the non-fans most likely switch channels after the last entrant. This might be a way to compensate that.

njdevils94

Veteran
Also, the article states this:

Curious to see what that big chance is but chances are I am not going to like it
Maybe they are going back to forcing the semifinalists to have stand together up on stage next to each other before. They could add a trap door and pull a level for the non-qualifiers.

Regardless, what it is Realest will love it at least.

ESC94

Maybe they are going back to forcing the semifinalists to have stand together up on stage next to each other before. They could add a trap door and pull a level for the non-qualifiers.

Regardless, what it is Realest will love it at least.

That´s not hard though, he would also scream out of joy if Österdahl says "let´s cancel ESC forever". :LOL:

Loindici

Veteran
Hm, I´m not convinced by that, in this case they could´ve stayed with that rule after 2011 but they didn´t.
TBH I'm still figuring out why they decided to bring this back. Could it be different voting habits than 10 years ago? Could it be to compensate this new rule about ROTW voting?

"Additionally, fans in non-participating countries (Rest of The World) will now have nearly 24 hours to vote for their favourite songs before each of the live shows begin. Online voting will open for the Rest of The World immediately after the second dress rehearsal for each Semi-Final and Grand Final has finished the previous night, and will stay open until the live shows begin."

Ezio

Veteran
One year too late for Edgar

MopManMoss

Veteran

Like the AQs performing live in the semis but in between songs that are being voted on is a really weird choice, this will confuse casuals beyond belief

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
It's not SVT hosting without them getting the urge to sweep in some changes that weren't really asked for or needed.

That said, i actually happen to like the changes. Idk about the big 5 performing inbetween the competing entries, that just seems really messy. After though in the intervals, sure. Especially in a year like this with fewer participants i can see why they did it. I don't think the voting changes are that big of a deal though to be any cause for concern.

Top Bottom