Contact us

SLOVAKIA 2013 - not taking part

GRE

Re: SLOVAKIA 2013

Well its official that Slovakia is not entering esc...yet!
Slavomira Kubickova, Head of the International Department at STV, told escXtra.com in a phone conversation this morning:

No decision has been made about our participation. There is an EBU deadline and within that time, you will hear what we will do for Malmö.

daniels1000

Slavomira Kubickova, Head of the International Department at STV, told escXtra.com in a phone conversation this morning:

No decision has been made about our participation. There is an EBU deadline and within that time, you will hear what we will do for Malmö.

I'm not optimistic :( :(

Hoping, hoping xcrossed

A-lister

Veteran

Can we trust escXtra though? Sometimes it seems fan-pages comes up with their own 'news'.

If true though, it looks like they won't enter on this answer :(

Please stay!!!!

I really hope they will join ESC 2013, because I really loved all of their entries (from 2009-2012). Unfortunately they never got many points :(

Please stay Slovakia :) ♥ !!!

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
I didn't like their ESC 2012 entry, but I'm sorry for them :(

Milos-BC

Sad, but quite expected :( This ESC simply doesn't smell good since the beginning and we are obviously destined to have one bad news after another.

A-lister

Veteran
xcry

I blame the juries (and viewers) for this! Overlooked in almost all their tries!!! xcry

Expected though, I'm surprised they didn't withdraw until now though...

You will be missed :(

CPV4931

A few month ago, we hoped for a new record and now the number of participants gets smaller and smaller -.-

A-lister

Veteran
A few month ago, we hoped for a new record and now the number of participants gets smaller and smaller -.-

I know right? xcry

There are certainly different factors for this, but I'm pretty sure those awful new 'corrupt producers chose the line-up' rules certainly didn't help to boost interest...

In Slovakia's case it's years of bad treatment by especially juries (but of course also viewers), always overlooked for not belonging to a bloc or having a large diaspora...

A-lister

Veteran
EBU really should look into this, it's something wrong in a continental contest where its heart-countries are failing year after year. Literary all Central- European countries are struggling in this contest. I'm NOT suggesting special treatment or anything, but these are certainly overlooked countries that have problems for not belonging to any bloc or diaspora helping group.

BGN

I know right? xcry

There are certainly different factors for this, but I'm pretty sure those awful new 'corrupt producers chose the line-up' certainly didn't help to boost interest...

In Slovakia's case it's years of bad treatment by especially juries (but of course also viewers), always overlooked for not belonging to a bloc or having a large diaspora...

Countries like Slovakia have to send something extraordinary in order even to qualify while many others don't need to put big efforts to do it. While so, countries like them and some others will be less and less enthusiastic about their future in Eurovision. EBU should do something, but riging the draw is not the answer, definately!
It's very depressing to fail year after year no matter the efforts you put in this and I can understand them very well.

Top Bottom