Contact us

Sacha Jean Baptiste

Realest

This is total BS. We have every year different Jurymembers (while the Televoters remain more or less the same over the years) to prevent any whole-european Bias towards certain Countries. The fact that Sweden is 7/8 years in the Jury Top3 is no Coincidence, it speaks a clear Language. Macedonia, San Marino or Montenegro would have got the same Jurypoints as well if they started to step up their Game. "If I were Sorry" became a bigger hit than most Winners and if anything it should have been another Jury Top3. There is dedfinitely no Country which sents more Quality in this Decade. In Australias Case I can understand the Frusrations since their Songs didnt become Hits nor offered something new. So yes, it is a "Hate" or a "Disgusting Attitude" against/towards Sweden aka Jealousy.

Citelis

The problem starts when there is huge defference between jury and televoting and that makes many fans angry. But i personally think that Austria, Malta, Australia and maybe Netherlands are way more favoured by juries than Sweden the years 2014-2018! Most Sweden's entries are actually good and i like them but i think that Benjamin maybe was overrated by juries and underrated by fans and the caused the huge difference!

Realest

Yes, but there are the Double standards of the Viewers. When the Juries try to be close to the Public, everyone whines about Neighbourvoting, but when they dont do this, people complain about the Huge Differences :lol: But anyway, this is Offtopic. This should be about SJB.

Preuss

giphy.gif

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
For me this has nothing to do with her being Swedish: she could've been French, German, or from Bulgaria and my opinion would still stand. In the last 8 years, Sweden has only been out of my Top 15 three times, and that was because I didn't like the song, not because I was purposefully thumbing my nose at Sweden.

The subject of this thread was "is she overrated", that's why I compared her to Florian Weider. Am I saying they lack knowledge of their job, or have never been good? No. I am saying, however, that, as time has passed, they've had a scattered amount of results, a lot of times stagnant.

She's also admitted to being a control freak when it comes to stage direction and that if she accepts to work for a country, they have to let her be in charge no questions asked. That to me is the wrong approach to take, because, if the delegations have questions, or maybe aren't agreeing with how things are going, they can't speak up about it.

Just look at We Got Love vs. Fuego. I think it does matter if she got paid a hefty salary for doing something that SBS could've done (and, to some degree, the BBC did with Surie's staging). That means that the delegation overpaid the actual worth of their return....which would make her overrated.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Lol. There's no ~secret political agenda~ nor is their a disgusting attitude when it comes to Sweden. Sweden is just a frustrating country because year after year they send banal, safe, sanitized pop songs, which isn't inherently wrong per say though boring, but it's frustrating when they're continually rewarded for it with top 10 finishes, with a huge bias from the juries (the only time they weren't top 3 with the juries since 2012 was "If I Were Sorry" which is an absolute dumpster fire of a song and even that was still Top 10). Meanwhile other countries send more daring, quality or more organic entries and aren't rewarded at the same time. It really isn't any deeper than that. It's the same reason people get frustrated with Australia.

Hello, I don't know who the hell you are, but I like your attitude towards life. Of COURSE everything that's been said here is correct and anyone who refuses this post is simply closing their eyes to the truth.

Alaska49

i was gonna post an opinion but since this was derailed into another round of immensely inane swedish victimisation and tinhattery i will not

why are all of you like this

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I love Sweden, got it deep inside.

Sacha Jean Baptiste directed Georgia 2016 which in my book is visually the coolest thing I've ever seen on the Eurovision stage, so I think she's tops and deserves some kind of special medal made of the highest quality gold.

Preuss

For me this has nothing to do with her being Swedish: she could've been French, German, or from Bulgaria and my opinion would still stand. In the last 8 years, Sweden has only been out of my Top 15 three times, and that was because I didn't like the song, not because I was purposefully thumbing my nose at Sweden.

The subject of this thread was "is she overrated", that's why I compared her to Florian Weider. Am I saying they lack knowledge of their job, or have never been good? No. I am saying, however, that, as time has passed, they've had a scattered amount of results, a lot of times stagnant.

She's also admitted to being a control freak when it comes to stage direction and that if she accepts to work for a country, they have to let her be in charge no questions asked. That to me is the wrong approach to take, because, if the delegations have questions, or maybe aren't agreeing with how things are going, they can't speak up about it.

Just look at We Got Love vs. Fuego. I think it does matter if she got paid a hefty salary for doing something that SBS could've done (and, to some degree, the BBC did with Surie's staging). That means that the delegation overpaid the actual worth of their return....which would make her overrated.

Oh, Sacha sounds like a tyrant! I never truly believed her when I heard her interview though, but maybe you're right? :?
I just struggle to imagine SBS letting her do whatever she wanted with DCE and WGL

Pawhlen

Source?

Pawhlen

And it's also symbolic of her to sit with delegation with the best shot... :rolleyes:

Thanks, but I´m not a huge fan of esc fansites as sources since some of them has a tension to favour some acts and dislike others.

But thanks anyway, but still she doesn´t deserve the hate she get´s from some in here. And I myself is very very tired of getting bashed because I´m swedish. Sometimes it feels like I don´t have any right to have a opinion in here without getting personal attacks

Preuss

Thanks, but I´m not a huge fan of esc fansites as sources since some of them has a tension to favour some acts and dislike others.

But thanks anyway, but still she doesn´t deserve the hate she get´s from some in here. And I myself is very very tired of getting bashed because I´m swedish. Sometimes it feels like I don´t have any right to have a opinion in here without getting personal attacks

To be fair, I assumed she was French or something until I googled her last year... :rolleyes:
But I never made this forum to bash Sweden as it was never in my intention when I made this forum, I was just curious how much SJB earned by doing multiple staging for broadcasters every year and don't succeed

LalehForWD

lolla mig hit och lolla mig dit

The thread is self-explanatory. If in any doubt just take some minutes to browse Loreen's loft from 2012/2013 and you'll be transferred to I n fo w a r s

Preuss

I just noticed that SJB used the effing SAME white quadrangle lights to end Bulgaria and Australia's show with... :?

edit: and used the same lights during their performances actually... :?

And used another light effect in both of their performances :?

wtf

The performance of Bones was artsy and visually beautiful, suited the song perfectly. I think y'all are reaching.

Preuss

Maybe it’s an idea to work with one act every year and not give the performances you’re working with the same light effects and moves :?
She nailed Cyprus but Bulgaria and Australia could’ve been better executed better ugh i’m sad for them and the head of delegations who trusted SJB

Like I might be the only one who feels like she’s doing all these acts every year to earn money

Preuss

Okay, looks like Sacha is back on it again as she's doing the staging from Switzerland and Cyprus this year. God knows whether she'll do more

Now it will be interesting too see whether she can succeed with both Luca and Tamta - both songs are pretty similar in my opinion - upbeat, dance track, radio-friendly
I think if one is left with a good result when we get to Tel Aviv and the other fails, it's gotta be bittersweet for whoever's possibly left with a bad result

Realest

I have a feeling :mt: will hire her as well. And maybe :am: again. :au: and :ge: dont need her obviously this year.

Top Bottom