Contact us

Sacha Jean Baptiste

Preuss

Does anyone know how much this woman earns for the multiple acts she's doing every year? :?

I mean, ever since 2016 I've got the impression that she's the stage choreographer of this competition, but she's nowhere near to be able to deliver consistently with her stagings? xboring

Cyprus has hired her for 2019, so I suggest that the other delegations stay away from her this year :rolleyes:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Sasha Jean-Baptiste is such a fucking crapshoot lol. Hiring her as your stage director is like playing Russian Roulette with five bullets instead of one. She will nail precisely ONE of her many contracts (the one that earns her the most simoleons) and quickly come up with something mediocre for the others while cashing in a hefty paycheck ("when I listen to this song, i hear something..." *puts finger on tongue, raises it in the air * "~DARK~ and ~VIBRANT~ and i wanted to work with LIGHT" *gives EQUINOX some rejected Midnight Gold camera effects*).

Needless to say, I want to be her when I grow up.

Realest

Noone knows what she deserves.
Some Stagings were good like :ge: 15+16 :bg: 16+17 :am: 16 :cy: 18 and some were bad like :au: 17 + 18 :ge: 17 etc...

hijirio

Veteran
She's a one hit wonder, she got :am: 2016 perfectly on point. All others were normally good stagings, which any other choreographer could come up with. You don't need to hire a genious for those.
Not to mention :bg: 2018 and :ge: 2017, which were horrible. They should ask to get their money back lol.

Preuss

But it's what she's doing for a living right?

I mean, Armenia 2016 and partly 2017 (could've been better maybe imo) and Cyprus 2018 are amazing but I don't understand why so many nations hire her when they probably know she's doing 2-3 other acts

Preuss

Just took a look at her instas and it's all Cyprus and Fuego
I might be slightly bitter because Bulgaria and Australia were my top two last year and we all know what happened with them

BorisBubbles

Veteran
DNA's awful robitic tripe getting fucking over the SJB at every single contest is my favourite running joke in Eurovision to be honest.

LalehForWD

urbandictionary.com said:
overrated
A term used to describe something that gets more hype and credit than it's actually worth.

So due to personal opinion and anyone who hates anything that's well known, No matter how brilliant something is, if it gets a lot of media attention then there's always someone who will think it's overrated.

Ufff, get some sense and perspective people! To me Sacha Jean-Baptiste, seems to be an awesome artist, creator, innovator, choreographer ... I never met her or know much about her, but she seems to be just the type of people we really need so badly in esc. I doubt she makes much money but if she does, good for her! A pretty far-fetched target for the forum's endless rather ugly grudge and envy.

Realest

She is like Sweden, good but overrated.

More senseless Sweden-Bashing out of nowhere without a Justified Reason.

And then some people seriously claim that there is no Hate against Sweden in this Forum? Ridiculous.

Ichbinjari

And then some people seriously claim that there is no Hate against Sweden in this Forum? Ridiculous.

You take the comment too seriously, calm down.

giphy.gif

LalehForWD

I have got the impression that the hate against Sweden is pretty much structural in the "Eurovision community" and has been going on for many years. I think there's undoubtly politcal reasons lurking in the bottom of this. The forum is clearly one of the worst in this respect for obvious reasons.

Preuss

I just noticed that SJB used the effing SAME white quadrangle lights to end Bulgaria and Australia's show with... :?

edit: and used the same lights during their performances actually... :?

Preuss

I have got the impression that the hate against Sweden is pretty much structural in the "Eurovision community" and has been going on for many years. I think there's undoubtly politcal reasons lurking in the bottom of this. The forum is clearly one of the worst in this respect for obvious reasons.

Well, people here claim that "hate" is a strong word and that it's not hate, but when you're here for a "season" a read the forums regularly, you do wonder what Sweden's doing to receive so many negative comments about their entries, vocals, singers etc... :p

And I'm not saying this particularly to anyone as I don't stand a chance to remember who's written what about Sweden and who's claiming it's hate or whatever, but I do believe some people tends to exaggerate it slightly when it comes to Sweden. And this is obviously connected with the results they've gotten the past years as I've barely read anything about Azerbaijan using Swedish songwriters the past years :p

LalehForWD

Well, people here claim that "hate" is a strong word and that it's not hate, but when you're here for a "season" a read the forums regularly, you do wonder what Sweden's doing to receive so many negative comments about their entries, vocals, singers etc... :p

And I'm not saying this particularly to anyone as I don't stand a chance to remember who's written what about Sweden and who's claiming it's hate or whatever, but I do believe some people tends to exaggerate it slightly when it comes to Sweden. And this is obviously connected with the results they've gotten the past years as I've barely read anything about Azerbaijan using Swedish songwriters the past years :p

No, believe me. As long as I've been following the forum it has been a well-known problem. Many people have done a lot of effort trying to change it. Some people don't see it as a problem and love to have a punchbag. Others just don't care. Sure there are haters everywhere on the internet and they usually tend to have a greater impact on low-active forums such as this. Still, I think it's an extraordinary situation here. The solutions should be obvious if only the will, strength and commitment were there.

DanielLuis

It has nothing to do with political reasons. Sweden has been having a lot of success lately and with success comes more "hate", it's always been like that. People will automatically have a bigger bar for everything coming from Sweden.
A few years ago the same happened with Azerbaijan, but since they started getting weaker results the hate from the community towards them has completely subsided. It runs in cycles.

Realest

This disgusting Attitude need to stop. Countries who take Eurovision serious and work hard deserve the Fan-Love, not other successless Countries who dont deliver Entries on international level.

LontraCanadensis

Lol. There's no ~secret political agenda~ nor is their a disgusting attitude when it comes to Sweden. Sweden is just a frustrating country because year after year they send banal, safe, sanitized pop songs, which isn't inherently wrong per say though boring, but it's frustrating when they're continually rewarded for it with top 10 finishes, with a huge bias from the juries (the only time they weren't top 3 with the juries since 2012 was "If I Were Sorry" which is an absolute dumpster fire of a song and even that was still Top 10). Meanwhile other countries send more daring, quality or more organic entries and aren't rewarded at the same time. It really isn't any deeper than that. It's the same reason people get frustrated with Australia.

Top Bottom