Contact us

Russia RUSSIA 2022 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

A-lister

Veteran
@A-lister & @Mainshow

Okay, guys. How many Russians posted on this year's and last year's Russia thread? How many Russians using their national flag are active proud members of this forum?

If this is hard for you to understand, then let's try it this way. Imagine that I have just joined this forum, eager and proud of my representative(s). I want to hear and read opinions of other Europeans about our national entry, but halas! All I read is political dismissals and critique of my country, and maybe each fifth comment actually says something about our entry. If I had to read thousands of posts about Putin (regardless of if I supported him or not) and how Russia were bad, I wouldn't want to be member of this forum either.

Honestly, instead of Swedes and Germans constantly complaining about Russians, I'd prefer to read posts from Russians, make friends with them, and hear first-hand info from them about their other music, culture, and movies. But... I guess this will remain my dream, as long as I/we will have to read your political op-ed posts about Russia and Putin on this thread. To sum it up, guys, it is great that you have your opinions, but I am not into reading your political views on the ESC forum.

So don't read it then? xshrug

Also, I am sorry that even with the additional explanations we gave you still just don't get it... but oh well xshrug

Mrm

Veteran
But @A-lister, you really got too far with commenting here.. You dont even follow NFs any more, but comment here on Putin and Russia all the time.. :( this is really esc forum, I come here for other reasons... You can continue, but it is really too much now, it is even quite pointless, to whom you speak all that, and for which purpose?! xshrug

A-lister

Veteran
But @A-lister, you really got too far with commenting here.. You dont even follow NFs any more, but comment here on Putin and Russia all the time.. :( this is really esc forum, I come here for other reasons... You can continue, but it is really too much now, it is even quite pointless, to whom you speak all that, and for which purpose?! xshrug

No, I didn't go "too far", nor do I "comment here on Putin and Russia all the time"... xshrug

If you can't comprehend the few comments I actually did on the matter, that is not my problem I'm afraid, but please don't exaggerate or twist thank you.

AlekS

Veteran
When haters run out of arguments, they go personal. Happened really quickly this time :unsure:

All I read is political dismissals and critique of my country, and maybe each fifth comment actually says something about our entry. If I had to read thousands of posts about Putin (regardless of if I supported him or not) and how Russia were bad, I wouldn't want to be member of this forum either.
Thousands of posts?! Where?
Are 80% of posts in this thread political? Omg! :lol:

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
How many Belarusian, Georgian, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Russian, Kazakh posters do we have in this forum.?

Pretty sure they don't register on this forum because of 3 posts dedicated to "whether a country can continue participating in ESC because of this or that".

I also wish to see more Eurovision fans from these countries joining us, I also prefer talking about Eurovision to getting involved in politics but there is no link to our 3-4 posts and the lack of ex-soviet forum members.

The reason why this thread is quite silent is that Russia somehow goes full secret mode and unlike other countries, they don't host a national final or involve other people/fans to come up either an entry internally (like Swizerland) or officially announce that a couple of artists are in the run to represent the country (like Austria). Like in previous years, we'll probably just get news around early March.

Another reason could be the language, or VK being more popular or Eurovision simply not being that popular (as in having many hard-core fans being dedicated to listen to entries in advance and checking each and every detailed information or rumor online).

These are my last words on this matter.

If politics, social issues, economics, or a natural disaster may influence a country's performance, I may comment on it in the future though. Ukrainian, Turkish, Polish, Hungarian fans have to deal with that in this forum as well and we still see users from these places commenting. I, as a half Polish being, have seen a few comments (one just made yesterday) that users wish Poland to not win Eurovision these days because of political reasons. Yet, I haven't seen any Polish fans leaving the forum. Other opinions have to be accepted but please, stop this false narrative of us just talking about Putin and preventing Russian fans to feel safe.

Anyway,
Again, I'm really looking forward to hearing the Russian entry this year. 2020 and 2021 have been in my Top 10s respectively.

Mrm

Veteran
I hope I'm gonna like Russian entry this year again, like last year! Last year was AMAZING! xlove xheart

I'd personally like if they organized NF again..

Klava Koka is also an interesting choice..but with Kir? Hmmm.. xthink

Mainshow

Veteran
I hope I'm gonna like Russian entry this year again, like last year! Last year was AMAZING! xlove xheart

I'd personally like if they organized NF again..

Klava Koka is also an interesting choice..but with Kir? Hmmm.. xthink
Same here.
Personally, I've been in a hate or love relationship with Russia in Eurovision because I often think that their entries aren't that authentic...just calculated and a bit cold maybe (like 2013, 2014 or 2019, for example).

But the last two entries were completely different: honest, fun, lively and you could tell that it was 100% the vision of those artists!

This is the way Russia needs to follow/keep on going! ;)

A-lister

Veteran
Same here.
Personally, I've been in a hate or love relationship with Russia in Eurovision because I often think that their entries aren't that authentic...just calculated and a bit cold maybe (like 2013, 2014 or 2019, for example).

But the last two entries were completely different: honest, fun, lively and you could tell that it was 100% the vision of those artists!

This is the way Russia needs to follow/keep on going! ;)

Agree on this, having Kirkorov and/-or that Greek guy not involved is a step in the right direction.

I miss the authenticity, and it's no coincidence that two of my favorite Russian entries to date (2009 and 2021) both were ethnic-influenced entries, either only partly in English or not at all.

Mainshow

Veteran
Maybe they chose a bigger act who's vocal enough to explicitly say that they don't have to rely on a calculated entry by the dream team?

Maybe someone like Zivert? Didn't she submit "Bestseller (feat. Max Barskih)" last year?

Mrm

Veteran
I still can't believe Russia 2012 - Buranovskiye Babushki - "Party for everybody" was written by 4 persons, Viktor Drobysh, Timofei Leontiev, Olga Tuktaryova, Mary Susan Applegate! lmao :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ywjrPw.gif

Sabiondo

So,
🇷🇺
Klava Koka wont represent Russia at ESC 2022! She just cleared rummors just few minutes ago at Ivan Urgant program ''Evening Urgant''.
274180069_10162447200022524_8439894022051004820_n.jpg

Top Bottom