Contact us

Russia RUSSIA 2022 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Lance Esgard

I have no idea who he is but he's really handsome. Anyway, his response sounds like a confirmation that he's gay/bi, no?
That guy is Dava, a popular Russian rapper and vlogger. Real name is David Ashotovich Manukyan. He came second in their version of Dancing with the Stars this year.

hpp0

I don't understand why this channel Russia 1 trusts Kirkorov and Dream Team and only them. 2014, 2016, 2019 and apparently next year are all their entries and while they did get good results with these if they really want to win they need to realise that these manufactured songs that Dream Team produces won't get them anywhere. I don't understand why a country like Russia has to depend on greek songwriters and directors.

Since Channel 1 went to national final last year it wouldn't hurt if they did too. 2010 & 2012 are both lovely entries, got them great results and are way more representative of the country than their recent ones. In 2008 they even got to win with a NF entry so I think they should give it a try if they want a win.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Yeah I'm praying that they won't have the dream team - but I'm 99% sure that they will have them... ugh hate it here.

hpp0

Yeah they kind of announced it themselves right after the final. I just hope it's not Sergey Lazarev again cause it's getting tiring. The third place in 2019 was out of luck due to the big disagreements in public/jury voting but I don't think he will have that much luck next time.

Lance Esgard

No, it's too a year too early for Sergey. 2016. 2019. 2022. If the pattern holds.

But I'd rather he not return with another Dream Team entry for any next appearance regardless of what year that is.

JohnArg

Shmelsasha

Dima Bilan shares his dream to be back!
Sometimes dreams remain dreams, I don't think he will come back.

I really like JONY, but I hope that he will go to the competition without Kirkorov and dreamteam. He has his own music style, which clearly does not coincide with what Kirkorov and co usually send to Eurovision.

JohnArg

Jony wont go with Russia at least in 2022....He has posted a lot of things for the Nagorno Karabach war the past months, he is of azerbaijani origin...Russia doesnt want an artist who will not get the Armenian 12 p.

empo21

Veteran
Azerbaijan seems to be a more loyal Eurovision ally to Russia compared to Armenia, so I can see it happening.

But please no JONY when Kirkorov's involved💀

AlekS

Veteran
MUZ TV channel lost a court case yesterday and was fined 12 000€ for "gay propahanda".

The 2nd "violation" will result in broadcast cancellaltion for 3 months.
The hypocrisy of it all in May. Especialy if they will send a Kirkorov entry.

Mrm

Veteran
I still somehow hope, dispite that shitty channel they have this year to choose an entry, they will pick 2Mashi for Turin, who took part at last year NF! xlove

Top Bottom