10 3.4%

13 4.4%

6 2.0%

8 2.7%

58 19.7%

• Total voters

bubblingtrue

Re: RUSSIA 2015

Because Europe (as in the eu) is isolating Russia with sanctions. I think they will be too proud to take part in a contest with loads of countries who are increasing sanctions against them. Plus all the stuff with conchita and their new lgbt laws...

russia will ill take the big 'we don't need Europe' stance I reckon...

Sean

Admin
Staff member

If they think it's the end of Europe then good riddance. They're a happiness vampire most of the time with Eurovision anyway.

Daybreak

"the end of Europe"? It's Eurovision.

Sultana

we won't withdraw just because now everyone in europe think that we will do it :lol: things are going differently here
"if europe wants us to withdraw - of course we won't do it to make them angry/ europe gave conchita her victory and now expects us to leave the contest? no way we will do our best to show that europeans who we are" it is going that way here, plus eurovision is like Olympic Games here - one of the best event of the year ~50% - 70% of the nation watch it ( believe me that's enough to make russia to stay in the contest) , plus if we quit we should pay a huge sum of money, so trust me your booing, screaming and victory of beard woman only make Russia to pay MORE ATTENTION to the contest.:)

Mlyn

Banned

Why can't we treat Russia with respect instead of constantly provoking them?

And why can't Russia respect European freedom? (I think they actually and are on a good way)

Please remember we had dictatorships in Spain, Portugal and Greece only some decades ago and women and far less rights than they have today.
Still things are always changing, because people always want more freedom. In Europe and in Russia.

What we consider traditional now was once revolutionary. It's just that Europe and Russia drive in different speeds and it's just fine!

Staewi

we won't withdraw just because now everyone in europe think that we will do it :lol: things are going differently here
"if europe wants us to withdraw - of course we won't do it to make them angry/ europe gave conchita her victory and now expects us to leave the contest? no way we will do our best to show that europeans who we are" it is going that way here, plus eurovision is like Olympic Games here - one of the best event of the year ~50% - 70% of the nation watch it ( believe me that's enough to make russia to stay in the contest) , plus if we quit we should pay a huge sum of money, so trust me your booing, screaming and victory of beard woman only make Russia to pay MORE ATTENTION to the contest.:)
Really? :eek: xup
I thought Russia has very little interest and that's because they had to cancel the NF and hire the Tolmacheys. :D

Although I love Shine, I hope next year we get something risky and up-tempo from Russia. Maybe Byanka with a song like that? xbow

Terence

Please Russia... one name... and I'll forgive you for sending Alex Sparrow and Peter Nalitch and those cliched songs...

VARVARA

VARVARA

VARVARA

VARVARA

LalehForWD

The booing of the twins was ugly and I haven't seen/heard anyone who actually supported it. It's a shame on the audience at the time, but I guess it was easy to be carried away and I doubt no one was proud the day after. :( The twins are not Putin, simple as that and the Russian music business is probably totally the wrong group to punish if one wants to make a political statement.

Terence

Love you still, but no Nalitch, Alex, Bilan... :D

Verjamem

If they will participate, I still wait for good song in Russian language. At least in part.

Sean

Admin
Staff member

They need to send a distraction next year I think. Something gimmicky or catchy that won't get booed...

Although I think by next May things may have calmed down, hopefully.

greece

Now I will analize you how bad :ru: does in my rankings the last 10 years:

2004: Top 3
2005: - (Actually I only like Malta from this year)
2006: Winner
2007: Top 10
2008: Winner
2009: Top 5
2010: Winner
2011: Top 10
2012: Top 15
2013: Final (Top 26)
2014: Top 10

Please try to stay in the top 10 with sending you awesome pop (-ballads) and if it's possible in Russian xpray
Aaaa and don't even think to withdraw :rolleyes:

Milos-BC

They need to send a distraction next year I think. Something gimmicky or catchy that won't get booed...

And I think some fans need to learn respect and manners. Especially, since it is exactly them that say that pollitics and music shouldn't be mixed. Time to implement that theory into practice as well :)

Sean

Admin
Staff member

And I think some fans need to learn respect and manners. Especially, since it is exactly them that say that pollitics and music shouldn't be mixed. Time to implement that theory into practice as well :)

Well what can Russia do about that? I don't like the booing either but how do you stop it? xshrug

Milos-BC

^^ I don't think Russia has to do anything about it. It is not their problem, but the problem of the people who are booing. They do have problems, and they are the only ones that can solve it.

Top Bottom