26 8.8%

10 3.4%

13 4.4%

6 2.0%

8 2.7%

58 19.7%

• Total voters

blue00eyes

Good old Polina came back with Dramy bolshe net, I am still mad she didn't pick a song in her usual style for ESC

Mainshow

Veteran
6 points - my mother and my aunt voted for it and I am still surprised Germany gave 12 pts to it due to the individual scores (juries and televoting) were so different. What a stupid system... Our 12 points in televoting got 3 points in the end (almost as bad as UK giving 0 points to the British #1 in the televoting (Poland) back in 2014).

Anyway, the composition is well-produced, catchy, instant and Polina is such a sweetheart! I would love to see her back in Eurovision! Sadly, this entry was calculated, dishonest and artificial and that's why I can't really give it much higher points. It just feels wrong to me.

ESC94

6 points - my mother and my aunt voted for it and I am still surprised Germany gave 12 pts to it due to the individual scores (juries and televoting) were so different. What a stupid system... Our 12 points in televoting got 3 points in the end (almost as bad as UK giving 0 points to the British #1 in the televoting (Poland) back in 2014).

Anyway, the composition is well-produced, catchy, instant and Polina is such a sweetheart! I would love to see her back in Eurovision! Sadly, this entry was calculated, dishonest and artificial and that's why I can't really give it much higher points. It just feels wrong to me.

Do you still think the same after she approved of the invasion??:unsure:

ESC94

Unnecessary and outrageous comment.

Didn´t wanna insult you, I just asked you if you´d still like to see her again after what she has said today.

I know of course you said this back then when no one thought about a war. Sorry again if this came across the wrong way. :(

Mainshow

Veteran
Didn´t wanna insult you, I just asked you if you´d still like to see her again after what she has said today.

I know of course you said this back then when no one thought about a war. Sorry again if this came across the wrong way. :(

I made this post 4 years ago at a time when Polina was known for taking part in Eurovision in 2015, being vocally strong, crying on stage and hugging Conchita Wurst as well as getting a huge backlash for hugging a LGTBQ+ person created by Russian press and politicians alike (something she received a lot of sympathy and empathy from the ESC community).
I ranked the song and her performance only - as we always do in terms of Eurovision.

You know that I´ve been very vocal about EBU having to ban Russia - even before some broadcasters asked the EBU.

I supported Eurovision and Russian artists condemning the war - made post about that in the threads of Ukraine and Russia 2022.

I can´t change what I said 4 years ago and I don´t take back what I said: Polina was great on stage - I didn´t like the song but she looked sweet, innocent and pure on stage - and I tried to seperate the artist and the government at the time I made that comment.

Of course, I despise Polina for what she´s been saying/liking on social media and supporting (Putin´s fascist regime) now and I don´t want to see her in Eurovision (or anywhere else) ever again.

I accept your apology, of course - but I still think it was a very low move of yours to highlight an innocent comment of mine which I made 4 years ago about a performance from 2015 when Polina presented herself as a completely different person.

I want to believe that you didn´t mean it that way but I seriously still don´t get it why you asked me that question. It came across as borderline aggressive and offensive like you were suggesting that I still want to see her despite her being in favor of Russian soldiers killing innocent and peaceful Ukrainians.
I also apologise for "maybe taking it to personally" in advance but as a half-Slavic person, a European, I really got angry about it.

Last edited:

ESC94

I made this post 4 years ago at a time when Polina was known for taking part in Eurovision in 2015, being vocally strong, crying on stage and hugging Conchita Wurst as well as getting a huge backlash for hugging a LGTBQ+ person created by Russian press and politicians alike (something she received a lot of sympathy and empathy from the ESC community).
I ranked the song and her performance only - as we always do in terms of Eurovision.

You know that I´ve been very vocal about EBU having to ban Russia - even before some broadcasters asked the EBU.

I supported Eurovision and Russian artists condemning the war - made post about that in the threads of Ukraine and Russia 2022.

I can´t change what I said 4 years ago and I don´t take back what I said: Polina was great on stage - I didn´t like the song but she looked sweet, innocent and pure on stage - and I tried to seperate the artist and the government at the time I made that comment.

Of course, I despise Polina for what she´s been saying/liking on social media and supporting (Putin´s fascist regime) now and I don´t want to see her in Eurovision (or anywhere else) ever again.

I accept your apology, of course - but I still think it was a very low move of yours to highlight an innocent comment of mine which I made 4 years ago about a performance from 2015 when Polina presented herself as a completely different person.

I want to believe that you didn´t mean it that way but I seriously still don´t get it why you asked me that question. It came cross as borderline aggressive and offensive like you were suggesting that I still want to see her despite her being in favor of Russian soldiers killing innocent and peaceful Ukrainians.
I also apologise for "maybe taking it to personally" in advance but as a half-Slavic person, a European, I really got angry about it.

I´m feeling really bad right now. I understand that you´re angry but I really didn´t mean it in a bad way. Maybe I should´ve phrased it better but now I can´t change it anymore.

I´m really sorry, believe me. You´re my best friend here in the forum and I don´t wanna destroy this. :cry:

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
It´s alright. Thanks for clarifying it.

I just hope you won´t quote other users´statements on Polina now because there are many of them in this thread saying that Polina was great/they would like to see her again/one has to distinguish between artists and governments - None of us could have thought at the time of Eurovision 2015 that Polina turns into a supporter of a fascist regime and I guess that none of us really supports her statements.

ESC94

It´s alright. Thanks for clarifying it.

I just hope you won´t quote other users´statements on Polina now because there are many of them in this thread saying that Polina was great/they would like to see her again/one has to distinguish between artists and governments - None of us could have thought at the time of Eurovision 2015 that Polina turns into a supporter of a fascist regime and I guess that none of us really supports her statements.

I´m not gonna do that, I won´t make the same mistake twice.

I really like you and I feel really bad now that I hurt you so much. Believe me!!

I send you a hug from my home. xrunhug

A-lister

Veteran
Polina and her fake tears and faux "peace" ballad was always an act. People still to this day can't comprehend that Russia used the Eurovision platform to whitewash their image and that their acts weren't all that innocent as pretend.

Polina has even openly expressed her support for Putin prior this. Just because you're a beautiful blonde woman doesn't make it impossible for you to be a fascist, let's call a spade for a spade.

hijirio

Veteran
:0: points

A-lister

Veteran
She's just a disgusting human being simply. She can take her fake ass tears all the way to hell where she'll spend her afterlife with her suga daddy Putler.

Top Bottom