Contact us

ROMÂNIA - Romania 2009 - Elena - The Balkan Girls

Stella

ELENA GHEORGHE - BALKAN GIRLS (Next Generation Pop Symphony) -it sounds great!
[youtube:2w56v5er]uo2H3Uf_uxA[/youtube:2w56v5er]
I love her singing this :)
[youtube:2w56v5er]JZxMIlFBvn8[/youtube:2w56v5er]
[youtube:2w56v5er]Y4VgHhRQ_30[/youtube:2w56v5er]

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
No way, it was probably the trashiest and cheapest entry of 2009, it's a tragedy this qualified over songs that were a whole lot better. At least it flopped in the finals but still.......

nikolay_BG

Banned
No way, it was probably the trashiest and cheapest entry of 2009, it's a tragedy this qualified over songs that were a whole lot better. At least it flopped in the finals but still.......

I think it was original and they pulled some of the romanian folklore in it. They performed on stage a legend who is on Romania & Bulgaria. Also, we saw the connection between Romania and Moldova in the performance, meaning the hora they performed.

+ Elena is a good singer and she is sexy :)

I should say that the concept of "The Balkan girls" is way more complex and worthy to represent Romania then the overrated piece of $hit - "Playing with fire"

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a "playing with fire" lover at all but it's better than the Balkan Girls. I'm glad that the majority of europeans agreed with me ;)

lucian-crusher

It's just my opinion as ,,The balkan girls" wa the only Eurovision song overplayed in :ro: + I like that Elena would sing anything just to apear on TV, unlike other artists here....

nikolay_BG

Banned
Well I think Bulgaria gave some points to Romania in 2009 ( not sure is it true, but if it is, that is a small revolution since we never vote for Romania ( mostly, because we don`t like their songs ) )

lucian-crusher

Well I think Bulgaria gave some points to Romania in 2009 ( not sure is it true, but if it is, that is a small revolution since we never vote for Romania ( mostly, because we don`t like their songs ) )

Yo only gave us 5 points in the Semi that year. And you always vote for us in the Semifinals, you gave us 24 points from 2005 until 2010 including both Semifinals and Finals! :D

nikolay_BG

Banned
well for a romanian entry 5 points is huge :)

but after the youtube theatro last year I doubt that romania will get points from bulgaria tbh.

lucian-crusher

What youtube theatro?

I meant ,,only 5 points" because you gave more points to ,,Tornero" in 2006 wich is one of the worst Romanian entries IMO :lol:

P.S.: no ofence for Mihai as I know he is reading this forum

nikolay_BG

Banned
Many romanian fans went to youtube videos with the bulgarian song and started to swear at bulgaria, because "we didn`t voted for romania"
Which was very ugly, because the bulgarian public didn`t know anything about the romanian song in 2010.
Which is not the case in 2009, "The Balkan Girls" was played many times on BG TV, + she gave an interview :)

lucian-crusher

Tornero was brilliant - 3rd best Romanian entry!!

The Balkan Girls was just :| though!

,,Tornero" was to good to represent :ro: as I don't think a lot of Romanians apreciated the song + the public voted for Akcent that year but the jury sent Mihai. And ,,Tornero" was not played by any music TV chanel here because Mihai doesen't have a big label....

On the other hand ,,The balkan girls" was everywhere because Elena has a contract with the most important label here! :D

Stella

well,the Balkan girls was the only esc entry to peak #1 on Romanian Top 100...It was a surprise to see that the Balkan girls won the NF-the tvr jury dinosaurs surprised me again :) I loved our entry,Elena is a great singer,was young and I think they chose her after seeing Ani Lorak,Kalomira and Sirusho's succes in 2008.I couldn't say more than Nikolay about the Blakna girls and I so prefer it over Playing with fire :)Though Pwf was great too.

nikolay_BG

Banned
And ,,Tornero" was not played by any music TV chanel here because Mihai doesen't have a big label....

It was played here. A lot! Probably Mihai put more money on the PR campaign outside Romania, since money is kinda a problem for him.
I agree that "Tornero" is the best romanian entry for last decade, but my second favourite is "The Balkan Girls" :)

Top Bottom