Contact us

R.I.P. Thread

Romeo

The queen of Eurovision has passed away. She will never be forgotten!

When I heard the news I didn't believe it. So many people in the eurovision community are saddened by this news. She was a beautiful person inside and out. Her legacy will live on forever.

R.I.P. Swiss Miss Lys

Much love sent to you from the Eurovision community.

We all know she will be watching in May from heaven. Let's do her proud and pick the best song

DanielLuis

May Lys rest in peace! She is a wonderful lady. Hopefully RTP and the EBU will prepare a little in memoriam for her at Eurovision!

Eulaliya

:nl: 1964 Anneke Grönloh passed away two days ago. She was 76 years old, the first Indo-Dutch ever to compete in ESC. :(

Eulaliya

:lv: 2005: Valters Fridenbergs, one half of Walters & Kazha duo, passed away today after a battle with cancer. He was 30 years old.

Edward

^ Just learned of it yesterday, very sad. One of the good songs from that year, brings back memories from distant and better days. The report I read said he passed away due to influenza though? Maybe the influenza was the final blow on that condition (if he did have it - apologize for my ignorance on the matter) ?

Edward

Sometimes coincidences couldn't have a worse timing. Just yesterday was I in here trying to figure more details on Valters passing when I heard Maria Guinot passed away at the age of 73 due to a lung infection. She was only my all-time favorite ESC performer from my country. The lyrics to "Silêncio e tanta gente" will remain eternally as one of the most beautiful melancholic lyrics ever brought to ESC stage. Songs of this magnitude will never make a comeback to current ESC stages, sadly.
On a personal note I'll also never forget that one night me and my father sang along to her ESC song while sitting on a couch on a saturday night while catching it on TV. Thank you Maria for making this rare father and son bonding moment revolving around Eurovision possible. Now I have a heartwarming memory to reminisce about for life. Rest in silent peace and thank you for touching the hearts of tanta gente.

Eulaliya

:pt: 1992 representative Dina passed away yesterday at 62 (2 months short of her 63rd birthday) after 13 years of battling pulmonary fibrosis.

Eulaliya

:ie: 1972 representative Sandie Jones passed away after a long illness, aged 68.

She was the only Irish contestant in ESC history so far to have sung in native Irish.

LastDreamer

Banned
xcry

Last edited:

Eulaliya

Another ESC entrant has passed away. Karel Gott from the former Czechoslovakia, who represented :at: in ESC 1968, died at the age of 80 (or 79?).

Nicholas123

Agathonas Iakovidis (ESC 2013) passed away today due to a heart attack at the age of 65. May he rest in peace.
agathonas.jpg

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Rajko Dujmić, who was part of Novi Fosili at Eurovision 1987 and composed the Yugoslav entries at ESC 1987, 1988 and 1989, has died too after being in a coma after being involved in a car accident

Eulaliya

Ossi Runne (long-time Finnish conductor), Reynaert (:be: 1988) and Timur Selçuk (:tr: 1989, conductor and composer of Bana Bana) all passed away :(

Top Bottom