Contact us

Questions related to Azerbaijan, Baku

Narmina

^ I'm sure the will taste them as soon as possible :) and I suppose to add some kilos after visiting us :)

Galandar

Baku has a big number of bars, clubs, restaurants. Shopping is also fine since there is big number of middle and upper class brands starting from MANGO and DEBENHAMS finishing with DIOR and BVLGARI. I think CityLife http://www.citylife.az could be your guide for Baku

nikolay_BG

Banned
I cant say that our people speak english as well as russian but a lot of people have a fluent english. So dont be afraid :)
Anyway our people would explain you whatever you want even without knowing english )) We are very hospitable and you'll witness it next year.

We speak almost the same language with turks soo your friend wouldn face with any problem with that here. Your friend can find some azeri speaking programs in youtube and see whether it is easy to understand our language or not for him.

I`m sure you`ll be great hosts. After all, we are eastern people ;)
From what I heared, azeri people aren`t so different from balkan people in mentality ;)

I am glad that there wont be a language problem, but I wanna study some tourism azeri, cause I wanna be prepared, and don`t wanna go to foreign country without knowing how to say "Hi" in the language, so can you help me with some azeri learning sites?

OK, so my other question is what we MUSTN`T do in Azerbaijan. I don`t drink so much, but I am a smoker and I wanna know, is there a smoking ban in Azerbaijan and if it is, where can I smoke?

BTW, I am curious about the cousine, what we have to taste 100%?

Last edited:

Narmina

^ the only thing you MUST NOT do is walk naked on the streets )))))))))) anything else is allowed. You can drink and smoke :) with language I can help you. Write the expressions you wanna study :)

Sabiondo

Ohh i fogot, Narmina its true that the women, especially non-Muslim foreigners must go with protection in Baku and they can not wear, miniskirts to the steets..??

PashonFrut

Noo Sabiondo :D Nobody will attack anyone there, the girls may get a few whistles but that's it :D

Sabiondo

Noo Sabiondo :D Nobody will attack anyone there, the girls may get a few whistles but that's it :D

My Russian friend from Kazan as told me that, Eurovision and Azerbaijan simply are incompatible, even his pupil Azerbaijani was about to warn her of a trip to Baku and she was refused.

Narmina

My Russian friend from Kazan as told me that, Eurovision and Azerbaijan simply are incompatible, even his pupil Azerbaijani was about to warn her of a trip to Baku and she was refused.

they can wear anything. Believe me

PashonFrut

ugh pleaaaaaaaaaase! Just like Narmina said, sometimes our own girls go overboard with their sexy outfits. Guys look more at you than you are used to, because Caucasian guys are like that but they won't go and harass you. That's not what their mothers have taught them. Maybe they do such things in Kazan, but not in Baku.

PashonFrut

she looks happy lol :D

repphoto_7591_3264.jpg

Scooby

^ the only thing you MUST NOT do is walk naked on the streets )))))))))) anything else is allowed. You can drink and smoke :) with language I can help you. Write the expressions you wanna study :)

Damn, I love to walk naked :lol:

OMG guys, you want to visit Baku and ask for McDonalds and stuffs which you can found in every city.
If I will go there, I want to taste Azerbaijan's cuisine (something different and new, not travel around half of continent to eat Hot Dog :lol: )

Scooby

Definetly! When I first go to a country the first thing I do is taste their national alchoolic drink :lol:

That is the most important part of national cuisine
gulp.gif

Top Bottom