8 7.8%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Portugal-scaled.jpg

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
oooh so in a NF I disliked the 1 song I actually enjoyed won. xheart It's a rather a nice song and pleasant to listen, so I'm happy to see it win. Even if i'm not entirely sure it's all that competitive at ESC. It's not a favourite of mine in the year but considering i've loathed your previous 3 entries this is a huge improvement, I think 7 is about right. :D

dezbee2008

Damn, Portugal, you scared me with the jury votes, but in this case I'm cool with the result

I'll give this one 8 points

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Somebody should just say to this singer to get a surname, because if she goes to ESC with the same stage name of an Italian singer who is much more famous than her, she'll look just ridiculous and a copycat. And her song sounds as well like a random album filler of the Italian singer Elisa.

Cyberbliss

Happy with the result, it was the only option apart the cheesy Passe-Partout thing which is nice at first listen but annoys at the second.

Don't spit venom though on Filipe Sambado, I fell in love with his song at first listen many months ago. But it's not ESC-ish in any way.

• Like It
Reactions: Uto

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
Somebody should just say to this singer to get a surname, because if she goes to ESC with the same stage name of an Italian singer who is much more famous than her, she'll look just ridiculous and a copycat. And her song sounds as well like a random album filler of the Italian singer Elisa.

WTF?

Changing her name because she has the same name of an italian singer that no one in europe knows about?

HAHAHAHA

The only ridiculous one is you

Get a life boo.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
By default it's the best song that has won on this ghastly final weekend of national selections, and it's probably the only one of the four entries selected tonight I feel could be worth my time or at least offered a chance. It's kind of not very thrilling though, is it? It wasn't one of my favourite songs here (not even close) but I recall I did originally tout it as being your safest bet at Eurovision after I first heard the audios. Oh how time has changed as we're just being drowned by very slow songs.

After three stunning entries in a row you send something that's not really reaching me. Maybe it can grow. O jardim took time with me. Right now though I have no strong feelings one way or the other. It's pleasant, feels genuine at least and is in your beautiful language which is a huge positive. Beyond that though, what's here? Vocals are a bit whiny live as well when she goes high.

6 points.

Nemo89

Yippee I can say "Great song!" xyaaay This means making excellent music!xbow

Many of you call these songs "ballads" and compare them with "catchy" songs. Is a mistake! xangryWhether a song is a ballad or "catchy song", it is important that the song gives feelings and emotions and that it is structurally well done. Last year he won "Arcade" and therefore this year, due to some strange eurofan algorithm xacademic, he has to win a "catchy song"... no! Wins the song it deserves! xpunish:lol:

That said, Elisa's "Medo de sentir" is very good. I shouldn't be complimenting a rival song but I applaud Portugal a lot xclap I am happy that Diodato has such a beautiful and intense song as an opponent. Therefore, I don't care about the ranking, I don't want to play cunning, I will not discredit this song, I have no intention of giving 0 or low points, I rightly insert the song of Portugal in my "Top 10" xheya, Indeed ... "Top 5" xyes, No! "Top 3"! xyaayYes ... in the first place! xup:12: points from Italy! xrose

Bravo Portugal! I hope in a final fought against you and I hope ... that the decisive vote is not from Alaska49 or trouble for Diodato! xshock1:xshockI'm joking xrofl May the best song win!:gimmefive:

Puma11

It might be a grower because I can see that many people are hyped but man, on first listening, it's extremely boring.

Even their beautiful language is not helpful. :oops:

Idk, maybe I need to give second chance.

RevNet

THE GOOD:
-I like the restraint in the instrumentals that this song mostly had.
-The two songstresses sing very well.

THE BAD:
-It's cheesy, but at least it's good-quality cheese, so this is minor.

THE VERDICT:
This is that one emotional song on the soundtrack of your favorite telenovela (insert it here!). That's not a dig on this song at all. That was just my observation throughout my listening of the song. Look for this song to not win, but come close and be appreciated in the end, though not as much as Switzerland's song (this song is cheesy after all). For this type of music, this song is executed very well. 10 points

FilipeGolias

I'm glad for Elisa. She's a beautiful person and great singer and deserves all this.
I'm glad for Marta (composer). She's already a successful young singer-songwriter talent in Portuguese music and also deserves this recognition.
I'm glad that a song like "Medo de Sentir" won FdC. It has quality to stand on its own... I love the studio version and, in a good day for Elisa, it gets lifted up so well.

BUT!

It should've won ANY OTHER year. Not 2020. Not being Portugal's entry in Rotterdam. Not with so many other ballads, many of which seemingly more impactful.

I don't want another "O Jardim" outcome, this time in the semifinal. I want Portugal to taste being in the ESC final. Don't really think it's this year.

Good luck, girls. Surprise me, destiny.

Last edited:

Alaska49

MEMBA I TOLD YOU bárbara should have gotten rid of those dancers lmfao

elisa goulding has a very good song and i like her more than the way passe-partout was being presented. good for her. 7 points.

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh and by the way, why was the composer on stage? I really don't get it. Its like... RTP invites them, they don't wanna sing the song. Then the song as a shot of winning and they insert themselves on stage?

Like dude... Just sing the song on the first place!

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Oh I didnt''t watch the show, i had a good nap instead. :lol: When I read the very negative reviews in the Portuguese website I thought it was probably bad. It isn't. A pleasant surprise. Uncommon and beautiful voice, it's slow, yes, but I think it's gorgeous. xheart At least something that won't embarrass us.

Kitakaze

Decent and I respect the cultural identity as always, but simply not memorable or impactful enough and will get lost in a field with 17 other songs. Needs better staging and a better visual concept.

Top Bottom