11 10.7%

8 7.8%

8 7.8%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Portugal-scaled.jpg

Decayingbooks

After Conan failed to qualify last year many portuguese commented that next year the song that will represent Portugal should not be divisive, a song that the majority of the portuguese people would like and back up and that wouldn't embarrass Portugal in Eurovision.
That song was not “Passe-Partout”(many people didn’t liked the lyrics and Tinoco lacked stage presence), neither it was “Abensonhado”(older people don’t like Jimmy P’s music style nor his way of singing), nor “Movimento”(see “Abensonhado”) and it also wasn’t “Gerbera Amarela do Sul”(a political song, with a drag queen-esque staging), that song is "Medo de Sentir" and that was also what many people thought about “Amar pelos dois” in 2017, who also lost the televote to “Nova Glória” by “Viva La Diva”(who at the time was seen as the best song to do well in Eurovision by the public).

Elisa’s song is a great winner of Festival da Canção, the first time i heard the studio version it really gave me winner vibes, the lyrics are really beautiful and meaningful and in the future will be seen as one Portugal’s underrated masterpieces of the early 2000s (like “O Jardim”), but the live performance has a lot of problems. Elisa needs to improve her vocals so the live sounds and feels like the studio version and, also like “O Jardim”, the staging needs to tell a story so people who do not speak portuguese understand what is going on.
In a way I’m kinda hopeful, they changed the staging form semi 1 to final(something that nobody else did) so maybe Marta will do the same to Rotterdam, either way I’m not hopeful that Portugal will do well this year but imho there was no song in the final that could qualify to the final.

musicfan

That song was not “Passe-Partout”(many people didn’t liked the lyrics and Tinoco lacked stage presence),

With some closeups maybe she would have had more presence for you. It finished second so a reasonable number must have liked it.

Decayingbooks

The instagram account of @Festivaldacanção had a livestream(like in the past weeks) and since 16 of the songs that compete in our final are invited by the portuguese broadcast people were saying some artists and composers that they would like to see next year and either someone called him to come to the stream or he was there already, but the portuguese artist Tyoz spoke with the streamer and he basically invited himself for next year saying that he would love to participate in festival da canção.
If that happens to be the case and Tyoz is part of the 2021's lineup we could see finally a uptempo song representing Portugal.

As an artist he is know for this

And as a composer he is best know for this:

I'm really excited about this and altough I love "Medo de Sentir" I really want Portugal to send something different next year.

Iker

Veteran
I like it :) The bridge is so ethereal and beautiful, my favourite part.

Mrm

Veteran
Criminally underrated so far!
Citelis I understand you in many occasions, and I also love many old fashioned entries, but when you write "underrated' sometimes you have to see realistically, a bit more.... ;)

Citelis

Citelis I understand you in many occasions, and I also love many old fashioned entries, but when you write "underrated' sometimes you have to see realistically, a bit more.... ;)
I understand that it has limited potential but still it deserves more love!

njdevils94

Veteran
It has more potential than people think.

She's number 1 right now in Portugal's Viral Top 50 chart on Spotify.

Sammy

Veteran
QUOTE="DaFlo, post: 1994306, member: 13314"]
WHY ARE YOU GUYS SCREAMING !?!?!!! BTW JUSTICE FOR JIMMY P !!!
[/QUOTE]
So that they can hear me in Portugal. Pretty long way from Austria to there. :lol:

Top Bottom