6 3.0%

4 2.0%

7 3.5%

9 4.5%

21 10.6%

119 59.8%

• Total voters

Raul_Spain

Imho this is a song portraying the same attitude Portugal and Spain have (I'm Spanish);we retire around 60 but want Germany and Germans to pay the bills. Come on this is 2011 not 1870! That's unfair.

A huge zero to Homens da Luta.

alca

I gave it 1 point hust for the intro! :lol: I listened to the intro and I was like "oh why don't people like this? it's great!" but then.... :eek: Awful!

Euroguy83

Hi,

Don't know what the retire age has to do with Eurovision but Portugal is actually the country of the EU zone where man retire later.

And the entry is not from 1870!!!! Clearly 1960-70. LOL

The portuguese entry arises with the situation of the country and express with humour the daily life problems. Technically it is ok but needs heavy improvements in the stage presentation. I think it is fair that Portugal has a different entry that express a point of view and that shows that Eurovision is not just canned pop but a show of countries that bring a bit of their cultures.

And come on, a fun entry and not the balad number 1.998 from Portugal is at least a change.

Adeline

I consider this song as a joke. It's quite funny actually, but it hasn't got anything to do with trying to make good music.

evilperson

I'll only be happy with this song if the stout peasant woman that was on stage in the NF is also present in Dusseldorf.

mikept

hi guys...didn´t you understood yet that we ( Portugal) don´t care about this contest? but we want this song in it....just this song...after that RTP must withdraw ESC...Portugal hope so!!

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
hi guys...didn´t you understood yet that we ( Portugal) don´t care about this contest? but we want this song in it....just this song...after that RTP must withdraw ESC...Portugal hope so!!

I'm sorry but that is quite a poor attitude on your part. First of all, I don't believe you speak for the all of the Portuguese People. I know a lot of people from your country who still love the contest. You qualified for 3 years in a row, a lot of countries can't say that. Of course they're going to crash and burn this year unfortunately but Portugal is not going anywhere anytime soon so you may wanna accept that fact. It's just funny to me how much you dislike the contest yet you keep coming to this forum.

mikept

I'm sorry but that is quite a poor attitude on your part. First of all, I don't believe you speak for the all of the Portuguese People. I know a lot of people from your country who still love the contest. You qualified for 3 years in a row, a lot of countries can't say that. Of course they're going to crash and burn this year unfortunately but Portugal is not going anywhere anytime soon so you may wanna accept that fact. It's just funny to me how much you dislike the contest yet you keep coming to this forum.

Sorry but you really don´t know what are you talking about:
1 - in Portugal no one cares about Esc...just a few guys which have a dream where Portugal win ESC and in fact this dream will never happen and we all know that,
2 - Portugal have a huge financial problem, and portuguese people don´t want to spend their money in this because this is money without any return...RTP is a public broadcast and they are using the money of the portuguese people in this...
3 - Of course I accept that Portugal will have a bad position in Esc2011 and I am not worry about this ( neither 99,99% of Portugal), but in fact "Homens da Luta" won not because of the music or the lirics, but because it´s a song about what portuguese people feel in this moment, it is a message of revolt, and this message have implicit that we don´t want to spend money in this contest.
4 - Yes, some days I came here but not for funny...just to explain to people like you which don´t know what is going on why did Portugal vote for this song...cheers

Last edited:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
i'm not going to argue with you about this but let me tell you that I am very well aware of what's going on. You can claim as much as you want that Portugal will never win but that's just your opinion, don't make it a fact just because it makes sense to you.

A.B.

^ They won't win if they keep sending bad entries. I'm sure that they have their own music industry and they could come out with something decent if they would really wish to achieve a good placing at the ESC.

mikept

i'm not going to argue with you about this but let me tell you that I am very well aware of what's going on. You can claim as much as you want that Portugal will never win but that's just your opinion, don't make it a fact just because it makes sense to you.

sorry, this is not a question of sense....it´s a question of historical and geographical reasons...if you know ESC history you know that I am right. thanks

mikept

^ They won't win if they keep sending bad entries. I'm sure that they have their own music industry and they could come out with something decent if they would really wish to achieve a good placing at the ESC.
Let me tell you that with good entries or bad entries the result will be the same. If you want to spend some time studying the history of Portugal in ESC you will see that I am right. thanks

94ayd

But that was when the juries were in total command. I'm sure it'll happen one day. You just need to have both a great song plus a strong presentation, so you don't give anyone a reason to say it's Portugal, so I won't vote for it. ;)

mikept

But that was when the juries were in total command. I'm sure it'll happen one day. You just need to have both a great song plus a strong presentation, so you don't give anyone a reason to say it's Portugal, so I won't vote for it. ;)

ahaha...and what about political votes? what about neighbors votes? don´t you know that Portugal has just borders with 1 country that is Spain ( and they don´t like Portugal)?...how can Portugal fight even with a very strong song against Balcans or ExUrss or Nordic Countries? didn´t you saw what happened for ex. in 2008?

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
2008 is a big reason the juries were brought back. But that is not a Portugal problem, that was a Europe wise problem.

mikept

Yeah, I know pretty much everything looked perfect for Portugal in 2008 but maybe looks played a role in the end. :(

played a role in the end? In the end the result was 1st place for the journalists and a 13st place for the voters...( bad as usual... :-))

Top Bottom