4 2.0%

7 3.5%

9 4.5%

21 10.6%

119 59.8%

• Total voters

mikept

It almost sounds like a chant on the CD. Needless to say, I like it :lol:

I don't see this song being a joke, it's really a social statement song which doesn't equal to a joke song.

Hey! If Portugal managed to get 2nd on a semi without jury's help, that just defies the argument that no one votes for Portugal ever. You guys were 1 place away from winning the semi. So, if that could happen, winning the ESC could happen. You just need a song that's as amazing as popular and awesome as Senhora do Mar.

Please do not be a joker:D:D...of course this song is a joke...but is a joke that I want to see in the stage of ESC!!!:D:D

evilperson

Sorry but you are not correct:
1 - In fact 99,99% ( or if you want 99,5% :lol:) of the portuguese don´t care about esc, this is not overestimation, and this is because years and years in the contest without at least 1 good result ( top 3 or top 5)
2 - I do not agree that Portugal never sent a masterpiece to ESC, if you never heard good portuguese entries is because you really don´t know the history of Portugal in ESC,
3 - In fact RTP don´t care about this contest, and this is one of the reasons I think Portugal must withdraw, the country can´t spend money without any economic return,
4 - ESC is not going ever get the pleasure to see reputation portuguese artist ( like Marisa ) in the contest, because in Portugal people think that to be in ESC is a disaster for the good artist careers( I am not talking about young people starting carers, I am talking about artist with a good career done...)
5 - Even with RTP working hard in having a good representation in ESC, no one in Portugal believe in a portuguese winner because of all problems I talk in the remaining messages ( diaspora/ friendly/ political votes etc...etc) again this is a very good reason to withdraw...
cheers

The contest airing in Portugal actually does secure pretty good ratings, in fact I think it ranks among the most watched programs of the year especially when Portugal makes it to the final. So yes, your overshooting by quite a bit.

You're free to disagree about the quality of Portugal's songs, but I've heard them and there are some very nice songs but none that actually deserved to win.

I think RTP is trying to do something by focusing on the national selection format but what they are doing isn't working. They need a new plan of attack to find suitable songs. They don't need to send established singers, finding anyone who can sing is fine. They need to find a good song. They can send the most famous singer from the country but without a good song they can easily end up with a bad result.

Portugal benefits from friendly voting so I wouldn't be complaining about that.

aletem

Really?? and what about Ex-URSS group or Baltic group votes? do you really think that having votes ( never 12 or 10:lol:) from 2 countries can give any change to win? :lol::lol: really funny...
I can add Spain to the list. And you used to have Andorra before as well.
And evilperson said himself, Portugal does benefit from friendly voting. Portugal has nice relationship with almost all the countries. Leave the complains to Slovakia, Switzerland, Malta and San Marino. ;)

mikept

I can add Spain to the list. And you used to have Andorra before as well.
And evilperson said himself, Portugal does benefit from friendly voting. Portugal has nice relationship with almost all the countries. Leave the complains to Slovakia, Switzerland, Malta and San Marino. ;)
LOLLL Spain?? they don´t like us...normally Portugal give to Spain much more than they give us... In 1996 Portugal hadn´t a top 3 or top 5 just because Spain didn´t gave us any pointll!!

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I think you just decided to make it a fact that nobody, including Spain doesn't like Portugal when reality is totally the opposite from what you're claiming. In 2008 Spain gave Portugal 8 points, in 2009 again 8 points, in 2010 6 points. Yeah, Spain totally doesn't like Portugal it seems.

mikept

The contest airing in Portugal actually does secure pretty good ratings, in fact I think it ranks among the most watched programs of the year especially when Portugal makes it to the final. So yes, your overshooting by quite a bit.

You're free to disagree about the quality of Portugal's songs, but I've heard them and there are some very nice songs but none that actually deserved to win.

I think RTP is trying to do something by focusing on the national selection format but what they are doing isn't working. They need a new plan of attack to find suitable songs. They don't need to send established singers, finding anyone who can sing is fine. They need to find a good song. They can send the most famous singer from the country but without a good song they can easily end up with a bad result.

Portugal benefits from friendly voting so I wouldn't be complaining about that.

It´s you opinion about Portuguese entries and I do respect it, but you must remember that in 1996 and 2008 the international journalists of ESC gave 1st place to Portugal, I think this means anything...
RTP doesn´t care about ESC, there are some ESC portuguese fans trying to move the broadcast from RTP (public) to a non public TV, but in my view this will be very dificult. Sorry but what you mean with "Portugal benefits from friendly voting?? in my view all country´s had this benefit, the question is: how many countrys? how many % of votes in each country? Portugal have emigrants in France, Germany and Switzerland, even so I never saw more that 7/8 points from those countrys....look what happen years and years about Cyprus and Greece...it´s a joke...12 to 12 year after year....it´s incredible!! this is really friendly/diaspora voting, and the same between ex URSS countries also Balcans and also nordic countries....

Last edited:

mikept

I think you just decided to make it a fact that nobody, including Spain doesn't like Portugal when reality is totally the opposite from what you're claiming. In 2008 Spain gave Portugal 8 points, in 2009 again 8 points, in 2010 6 points. Yeah, Spain totally doesn't like Portugal it seems.

Sorry you didn´t understood what I said: normally Portugal gave more points to Spain than Spain to Portugal: 2008 Portugal gave 10 to Spain, 2009 Portugal gave 7 to Spain and 2010 Portugal gave 12 to Spain.. as you can see we are must more friendly than they are.

According journalists with expertise in ESC:
Countries that can be organised into voting blocs which regularly award each other high points:[3]
UK and Ireland;
Andorra and Spain;
Belgium and the Netherlands;
Nordic states: Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, and Iceland;
Baltic states: Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania;
Balkan countries:
A core contingent of former Yugoslavian countries, most notably Serbia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Slovenia, Montenegro, Macedonia, and Croatia;
An outer contingent consisting of Turkey, Albania, Romania, Greece, and Cyprus.
Former Warsaw Pact countries of Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, Armenia, and Moldova;
Romania and Moldova, acting as a bridge between the Balkan and Warsaw Pact states.

As you can see Portugal is not in the list...
Cheers

Last edited:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Good luck Portugal! Not much to say here! Obviously bottom result this year. 17-19th in the semi. But you'll be back next year, stronger and better than ever!

mikept

Good luck Portugal! Not much to say here! Obviously bottom result this year. 17-19th in the semi. But you'll be back next year, stronger and better than ever!
I hope not.....I will be much more happy ( Also most of the portuguese people) to spend this money correctly and not in Esc.
About the bad result in 2011 I tend to agree with you, but we never know...
Cheers

94ayd

Sorry you didn´t understood what I said: normally Portugal gave more points to Spain than Spain to Portugal: 2008 Portugal gave 10 to Spain, 2009 Portugal gave 7 to Spain and 2010 Portugal gave 12 to Spain.. as you can see we are must more friendly than they are.

According journalists with expertise in ESC:
Countries that can be organised into voting blocs which regularly award each other high points:[3]
UK and Ireland;
Andorra and Spain;
Belgium and the Netherlands;
Nordic states: Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, and Iceland;
Baltic states: Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania;
Balkan countries:
A core contingent of former Yugoslavian countries, most notably Serbia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Slovenia, Montenegro, Macedonia, and Croatia;
An outer contingent consisting of Turkey, Albania, Romania, Greece, and Cyprus.
Former Warsaw Pact countries of Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, Armenia, and Moldova;
Romania and Moldova, acting as a bridge between the Balkan and Warsaw Pact states.

As you can see Portugal is not in the list...
Cheers

Since when do Belgium and the Netherlands exchange points? :lol:

Scooby

OMG this is not humane for my ears.
This is outer-space scale disaster.

Samb

This song is actually ace. Good fun!

Grinch

Lisbon 2012! xbb :mrgreen:

"Mücadele keyif veriyor" :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom