Who'd wanna be a king
Pulling too many strings
All that I've done
Oh Lord, I'm done

Gonna take my body down
Right down, down, down to the river​

Last edited by a moderator:

eestilaul

No suprise. I hate everything about this selection so far. Doda better submit her song to San Marino. It's a 6/10, but the rest so far is a sad 1/10.
Wait for Ochman’s song. River sounds like a mix of Respondez Moi and Shum
Shame that TVP’s CEO decided to turn him down just when I got hyped about what we were about to send

nick_idk

Wait for Ochman’s song. River sounds like a mix of Respondez Moi and Shum
Shame that TVP’s CEO decided to turn him down just when I got hyped about what we were about to send
A mix of repondez moi and shum? I can't even imagine what that would sound like

Mainshow

Veteran
How do you know it sounds like that?

Is "River" really a new song?

I just checked out his album and personally, I think that his way of singing sounds super strange in English.
I´m hoping for a Polish verse + chorus, at least.

Iker

Veteran
That song wasn´t strong at all. I lowkey liked it and I would have loved to see her qualify but in a strong year such as 2009, it was doomed from the beginning.

According to that article, she submitted another ballad in English to TVP. The title of her song is "Why does it heart"

This looks very strange to me...maybe they meant "hurt"?
I never liked it, for me Lidia's song was dull as dishwasher. I actively disliked 'I Don't Wanna Live'. And her vocal timbre has always sounded flat & uninteresting to me. Judging from the title, the singer, and who's credited for writing it (the Nightmare sisters from Sweden) it's gonna be yet another MOR, anodyne, whiny ballade.

lasse braun

I saw doda's last video and think she has 2 great monu um arguments - I would love to see her in the polish NF. xcookie
by the way - her song is very similar to darias song - why not taking both?xqueenbitch
at the moment i'm really unsure what poland really want - slut pop,inclusion,folk,typical casting music a la mister ochman?

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
I saw doda's last video and think she has 2 great monu um arguments - I would love to see her in the polish NF. xcookie
by the way - her song is very similar to darias song - why not taking both?xqueenbitch
at the moment i'm really unsure what poland really want - slut pop,inclusion,folk,typical casting music a la mister ochman?

Doda is just doing this for attention, she is not serious about entering this it's all narcissistic trolling on her part and I thought it was being pretty blatant by now, also the fact she did the same some years ago.

I think Daria's song is way catchier and accessable though, just because they are both 90's inspired Eurodance tracks don't make them very similar. I still don't remember Doda's song which isn't a good sign... but I agree it's better produced, and Doda is a stronger performer, but what does it help when there is no memorable hook in there? xshrug

What is "casting music"?

Iker

Veteran
Doda is just doing this for attention, she is not serious about entering this it's all narcissistic trolling on her part and I thought it was being pretty blatant by now, also the fact she did the same some years ago.

I think Daria's song is way catchier and accessable though, just because they are both 90's inspired Eurodance tracks don't make them very similar. I still don't remember Doda's song which isn't a good sign... but I agree it's better produced, and Doda is a stronger performer, but what does it help when there is no memorable hook in there? xshrug

What is "casting music"?
I think lasse braun meant X-factorish music (he's not from X-Factor) but you get the clue.

Mainshow

Veteran
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

What a wasted opportunity, shame on you Poland for not selecting this already
I knooooooooooooooooow!
Would have been the best Polish entry since 2014.

It would have slayed in Turin - we haven´t had such a great and well-produced and current song for Poland for so long!

A fan can only dream...

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
I knooooooooooooooooow!
Would have been the best Polish entry since 2014.

It would have slayed in Turin - we haven´t had such a great and well-produced and current song for Poland for so long!

A fan can only dream...

Best Polish entry ever for me, it would've been............

Mainshow

Veteran
Best Polish entry ever for me, it would've been............

I wasn´t sure about that because I think that we really got a very iconic performance back in 2014 but I absolutely adore "Fake Love" - It´s already my most scrobbled/played song this year (with a huge margin).

Hopefully, she will get a wildcard after creating so much fuss (and drama).

TVP! (listen to us!!!), we need this bop and boobs in Eurovision!!!!!

A-lister

Veteran
I wasn´t sure about that because I think that we really got a very iconic performance back in 2014 but I absolutely adore "Fake Love" - It´s already my most scrobbled/played song this year (with a huge margin).

Hopefully, she will get a wildcard after creating so much fuss (and drama).

TVP! (listen to us!!!), we need this bop and boobs in Eurovision!!!!!

2014 was iconic! Now that one IS the best Polish entry to date, no competition.

But what should TVP listen to? I honestly don't think Doda has the intention to go to Eurovision, she's just feeding her ego with this trolling, it's how she is.

Mainshow

Veteran
As long as she´s serving bops and looks, she can feed me everything :D

Btw, my mother (Polish) loved "Paranoia" as well as the performances of Ochman (even got goosebumps).

She also enjoyed Ania Byrcyn´s entry.

My family in Poland are also quite "happy" about Ochman trying to represent Poland.

I honestly think that - despite not including Doda and all the mess with coming up with a last-minute national final (sort of) - Poland has some great options to offer (so far) + the entries (we know so far) are quite different/diverse.

It could have been WAAAAAAAAAAAY worse...

A-lister

Veteran
So I took a look at all the acts. Obviously we still don't know all the entries yet, but based on what we know so far it's definitely a game between Daria, Ochman and potentially Karolina.

Kuba's Lovesick is dreadful xpuke, it's basically Rafał 2.0 but with a younger model (actually as far as only song goes it's even worse than The Ride), so I really hope someone locks the tween girls somewhere and throw away the key and their cellphones, because if that dire excuse for a song wins, it would be a really sad day for Poland, Eurovision and music as a whole. It honestly sounds like a lost and, rightly, long forgotten Eric Saade MF demo from 2008...

As for Daria, I saw her performance from the New Year's show finally and I must say that she's actually a much better performer than what I expected just by reading people's comments in here. Sure, the staging needs to be a bit more elaborated and she needs to practice on her lower vocal delivery (which is a big part of Paranoia), but there is potential there. Sure, Doda would be a stronger performer but now she's not in the picture so it doesn't matter and yes, Paranoia isn't anything groundbreaking and would do good with a revamp making it sound a bit more updated and slightly less "budget", but it's undoubtedly catchy and a good enough nod to the 90's so it is still "on-trend" and accessable and nostalgic to many people out there and a big step for Poland in Eurovision considering most of Poland's attempts (given that the staging would be done good which is a weak spot for Poland in ESC apart from weak songs).

If Ochman's entry really is an English version of Gdzie Iść?, then it would be a great option for Poland too. It's a really cool track, and while I would prefer it in Polish, the fact that Ochman's first language is actually English and not Polish makes me at least hopeful that it would still work in English as well. He is also a good live singer and again, with the right staging, it could also give Poland one of its better positions in ESC (although the song is more risky than Daria, but I think it could pay off).

So yeah, unless someone else surprise us in a good way (and I think Karolina is the only possibility tbh), then it's Daria or Ochman.

A-lister

Veteran
sorry for delayed answer.
with "casting music" i mean this typical voice friendly TV casting show (winner) songs all over europe. xqueenbitch

No prob ;) I understand, although I completely disagree lol. Ochman's songs sounds nothing like your average talent show participant music. I actually find his sound pretty original and fresh, which is hardly what comes out from these shows.

lasse braun

Ochman's songs sounds nothing like your average talent show participant music
my problem is here,that i have last year discovered ralph kaminski - he has both - very good voice and creative songs - the songs of mister ochman (so far!) gives me nothing.
this song is a combination of some drum&bass beats and a (partly) 1:1 singing like r. kaminski copy.
i am not very impressed but poland can choose what they want. xqueenbitch

Top Bottom