So baby, hold on for the ride of your life
High above ground, living it now
I'm gonna take you to the end of the line
Taking that fight, make it alright
It doesn't matter if I stumble and fall
I'll make it through, I'll never touch the ground
Hold on real tight, make it alright

I'm gonna take all the world tonight (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
Not gonna ask, gonna take what's mine (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
So hold on tight, baby, let's get high (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
High above the ground
Ride, staring at the neon signs
Let me figure out what is in and out

High above ground, living it now
I'm gonna take you to the end of the line
Taking that fight, make it alright
It doesn't matter if I stumble and fall
I'll make it through, I'll never touch the ground
Hold on real tight, make it alright​

Last edited by a moderator:

HayashiM

Veteran
Seriously, guys. The song itself is a surefire qualifier. Give this sing to Dua Lipa, The Weekend, Miley Cyrus or even Raylee and it would have worked. It's contemporary/trend-chasing and very competitive.
I honestly think it's the strongest 80's inspired track in Eurovision this year.

That said, wtf did TVP think of choosing Rafał!?!? There's no inch of talent and charisma in his body. He might be an okay-ish host but as an artist he's totally lost, the epitome of beige.
They wasted a very good and competitive song on an artist who will massively downgrade the overall experience of this entry.

His vocals are so flat, beige, bland, dull. I can't. No emotions are evoked. His accent - or how he pronounces some words are not helping either.
He got a dance song and his moves are as impressive as the ones of that British H&M assistant this year and wtf are these sunglasses. Foreigners will think he's blinder than Corinna May or Diana Gurtskaya.

I don't know what to say. TVP failed big time. Like 2016...they had a great entry but the level of self-sabotaging their own chances is bigger than Maneskin's lead singer's bulge.

The song is a clear :10: for me. The artist a :0:.. Therfore, I think I will settle for :5:.

However, you can't sell a good song if the artist who's singing it is exciting as watching paint dry.

Poland WILL NOT qualify. Bye, TVP. Try harder next time...

In the meantime, I will do an DNA heritage test trying to gef another idea to which flag I should change my avatar to. Neither :de: or :pl: is an option.

San Marino, oh thou haven of safety for all disappointed lost souls... do you still have space for another one? :eek: :D

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
I'll need a few more listens but at first glance i've felt that something lacks a bit in this song...

It itself is ok, even though the chorus should have been way catchier, but it looks too much like a cheaper version of songs like Hasselhoff's True Survivor. Also the production sound kinda fake to my eyes. Overall i found it promising but desperately nothing really stands out of this stuff. In his semi's half he will be eaten whole by Daði and especially Stefania (which would be the closest to this league in this)
Not to mention the video, which is really kinda cringe and has been surely made in a rush.

:5: at first listen.
At least i didn't expect the polish entry to sound like this.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
Seriously I had been studying for 4 hours to get a break by celebrating the Polish entry but I need to play some Playstation now to calm myseld down.

I can't believe how much TVP did sabotage themselves. This song given to a capable performer with charisma would have been a Top 15 in Eurovision.
Now, they will not even reach Top 15 in the semi.

Looren

Veteran
Even if it's nothing compared to "Empires" I must say that I enjoyed it

:7: points

Mainshow

Veteran
I mean you could stick to other DACH countries and claim Switzerland?
Honey, have you ever been to :ch: - I was switching to speaking French because I couldn't understand a single thing when they spoke "Swiss German" to me. xD

:at: dunno - maybe but the :at: fanclub on this forum is very elite. I'll probably settle for :de: and have to live with it. Being tortured by the sounds of all the ukulele and whistling. I think I also deserve to undergo this special treatment of masochism since I thought Poland has a decent shot after listening to the demo version of the song.

opinionsigotem

Song itself is fine (pretty transparently Swedish but nothing against that) but I fail to see how Rafal could possibly make this work live. Absolute black hole of charisma (as you'd expect from someone who reads the news for a living).

I bims

Veteran
Honey, have you ever been to :ch: - I was switching to speaking French because I couldn't understand a single thing when they spoke "Swiss German" to me. xD

:at: dunno - maybe but the :at: fanclub on this forum is very elite. I'll probably settle for :de: and have to live with it.
Never been there but still can relate, I really struggle to understand Swiss German as well :ROFLMAO:

All we can do is own the pain. Germans aren't used to winning anyway. Maybe the staging saves it...?

On another note:
I'm going to upgrade my rating to a :5:. The song is catchy and I think with a more capable performer I would really love it. He's dragging it down, sadly.

crashworld

Veteran
Now the music video has more dislikes than likes.
I presume the Poles around the world have universally "ganged up" to dislike this year's entry. #poorrafal

I guess it's time for me to go in disguise as an Estonian granny and start a Rafal Facebook group to support him.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
He is cute though and gives me closeted queen realness.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Underwhelming and trend Jumping, also Alicija not even getting a response. Lel no. The song isn't bad actually but there isn't much in it either that is exciting or appealing. Given the fact its current trends you could argue its path to the final is fairly easy, but being thrown into a super dance pop heavy first half of semi 2 then it could do more damage. At least you've got 12 from the UK televote to come. ;)

I think I'll give it a 3 or 4 haven't decided yet x

Morpheus

Wait! I didn't watch the video so maybe I missed something, but wasn't there talk of Polish accents or features or something?

Martyman

OK - as a #synthwave fan, I really don't know what to think.

Yes - it embraces some of the sound and the aesthetic of the genre, so I really should be chuffed. But .... it's just a pretty average song with no real hook or melody at all. And as for the singer himself? Oh dear ... :sneaky:

It actually reminds me of this track from last year, from Lau. But at least Lau had a melody and a hook to get into ...

bstream

The whole thing, the dude with his shades, straight-faced look, dressed in all black, the vocals, the video...

It all feels like a bit

This can’t be the real entry, but yet here we are

rasmuslights

Veteran
I mean Rafal looks like a nice guy, so nothing against him, but that doesn't mean he should be selected. I beat Alicja's song was at least 10x better than this song.

Top Bottom