So baby, hold on for the ride of your life
High above ground, living it now
I'm gonna take you to the end of the line
Taking that fight, make it alright
It doesn't matter if I stumble and fall
I'll make it through, I'll never touch the ground
Hold on real tight, make it alright

I'm gonna take all the world tonight (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
Not gonna ask, gonna take what's mine (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
So hold on tight, baby, let's get high (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
High above the ground
Ride, staring at the neon signs
Let me figure out what is in and out

High above ground, living it now
I'm gonna take you to the end of the line
Taking that fight, make it alright
It doesn't matter if I stumble and fall
I'll make it through, I'll never touch the ground
Hold on real tight, make it alright​

Last edited by a moderator:

tararaaam

Well, this has some kinda nice hook, I like the vibe and the melody, but then...then he comes in. And it all becomes a parody. The lyrics just don’t fit, it all looks like a parody, a silly one. Such a wasted music piece, I am getting Poland 2018 vibes...3 from me.

Synergise

It just seems like a weird choice when the Polish broadcaster must have known / anticipated several uptempo males would be performing in this semi when they decided to swap out Alicja.

It's not atrocious, but I would assume this is a NQ for Poland.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
I just woke up at 7 am for no reason. I guess my brain wanted to see this.

It's fine. Just not creating any expectations for it when the live becomes a massive disaster.

:6:

tomos2019

I approve of Poland! xmusic Normally for English-language Poland I think I tend to like the ballads the most, Light it Up was a bit too watered-down 2010s type of dance music for my taste. Of course I would prefer something in Polish most of the time (and Sylwia Grzeszczack would be my dream!) but I find this a respectable effort, though the live performance could well be a letdown!

Gwendal

ChaChaLand (without Ryan Gosling :( emoji sadboi)
Not the best of the eighties revival bunch (Raylee, Gram-of-Fun and Teflon Brothers were definitely better – Stefania sounds better too), his live vocals are questionable and the music video is not inspired (I presume his staging will take a lot from it). Also, he seems to love himself a lot, so much it hurts my eyes... Not a definitive NQ, but I presume it may be forgotten being sandwiched between Hurricane and Senhit or maybe Iceland.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
In my head I like to imagine that after Germany revealed Jendrik would be singing I Don't Feel Hate at Eurovision, @Mainshow very hurt and perturbed by the news, decided to move to Poland where he would pick up his career as their singing Wheel Of Fortune host, doing a little bit of wrestling as well on the side. The main goal though was to brutally murder Germany at the contest for what they did, so he composed The Ride, a synthy pop treat that not only will be used to destroy I Don't Feel Hate whilst taking my 12 in the ESCUNITED poll, but will also serve as the means to free Britney.

crashworld

Veteran
Someone please help me!!! I am putting the song on repeat. I am actually enjoying this song ALOT. I am upgrading this to a :7:.
I have truly become a basic bitch, or I am actually turning into those Estonian grannies. I mean I do have Uku in my top 5.
Or maybe I have become BOTH - A basic Estonian granny bitch.

giphy.gif

PS: I need the song on Spotify.

Jopi

Someone please help me!!! I am putting the song on repeat. I am actually enjoying this song ALOT. I am upgrading this to a :7:.
I have truly become a basic bitch, or I am actually turning into those Estonian grannies. I mean I do have Uku in my top 5.
Or maybe I have become BOTH - A basic Estonian granny bitch.

giphy.gif

PS: I need the song on Spotify.
Hello sis. Uku is in my top3, and The Ride is on my replay atm. :ROFLMAO:

crashworld

Veteran
@ everyone that likes the song: Listen to the demo. I think the song is way better with a female voice:

To be honest, Alicja would have done justice to the song too. I mean her voice is pretty similar to the singer in the demo.

Who knows TVP already bought the song at a discount and wanted Alicja to do it, but Alicja rejected it because she doesn't want to be a basic bitch. So TVP ditched her and selected the puppet Rafal.

Mainshow

Veteran
Seriously, guys. The song itself is a surefire qualifier. Give this sing to Dua Lipa, The Weekend, Miley Cyrus or even Raylee and it would have worked. It's contemporary/trend-chasing and very competitive.
I honestly think it's the strongest 80's inspired track in Eurovision this year.

That said, wtf did TVP think of choosing Rafał!?!? There's no inch of talent and charisma in his body. He might be an okay-ish host but as an artist he's totally lost, the epitome of beige.
They wasted a very good and competitive song on an artist who will massively downgrade the overall experience of this entry.

His vocals are so flat, beige, bland, dull. I can't. No emotions are evoked. His accent - or how he pronounces some words are not helping either.
He got a dance song and his moves are as impressive as the ones of that British H&M assistant this year and wtf are these sunglasses. Foreigners will think he's blinder than Corinna May or Diana Gurtskaya.

I don't know what to say. TVP failed big time. Like 2016...they had a great entry but the level of self-sabotaging their own chances is bigger than Maneskin's lead singer's bulge.

The song is a clear :10: for me. The artist a :0:.. Therfore, I think I will settle for :5:.

However, you can't sell a good song if the artist who's singing it is exciting as watching paint dry.

Poland WILL NOT qualify. Bye, TVP. Try harder next time...

In the meantime, I will do an DNA heritage test trying to gef another idea to which flag I should change my avatar to. Neither :de: or :pl: is an option.

Top Bottom