7 5.9%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Poland-scaled.jpg

Iker

Veteran
It can qualify then will get lost once again in the final. Kasia Moś 2.0

The song is worse though than that of Kasia Moś. It does not make me feel anything and is forgettable, feels uninspired / contrived. That long triphthong when she sings Empiiiiireee is quite awkward and unfortunate too, it does not lend for her to go with more power that would make it sound better.

Last edited:

Yoozek

Bad year for a ballad, I must say.... but I think we have the fanciest ballad there is, it will definitely stand out with the good performance (if only Alicja learns to sing it properly in 2 months)

Besides that, 100% qualifier material.

Last edited:

MalagaToledo

Banned
Someone asked alicja is it safe to fly a rainbow flag in Poland without getting beaten or insulted and she said of course it is and she also put rainbow flag in reply.

Wow, what a bad liar. :lol:

Because of that I give her 0 pt even though I haven't heard the song.

simonPL

^

WHOAAAA, WE HAVE A REBEL IN HERE PEOPLE, WOOOOW.
Don't be such a goodie-goodie, you should do more. You can turn back while she performs. Close your eyes, put something to your ears and croon some song. "Bad Liar" by Imagine Dragons will be perfect. 12 points for Canada, yee-haw!

ESCREGION

I don't like it but she has a strong voice
3 points

Uto

Veteran
Someone asked alicja is it safe to fly a rainbow flag in Poland without getting beaten or insulted and she said of course it is and she also put rainbow flag in reply.

Wow, what a bad liar. :lol:

Because of that I give her 0 pt even though I haven't heard the song.

I can't blame her for that. If she had spoken the truth she would have had similar issues, being seen as unsupportive of either the LGBT's or her own country. I give the interviewer 0 points for being a douche. It's fine to ask tough questions, but knowingly putting people in a bind is just a dick move.

MalagaToledo

Banned
She is public figure in Poland. People chose her because they like her in Poland. Well, why shouldn't she give something from her and he active so something changes there. Its not 14 century. She could use her esc experience to change something.

Uto

Veteran
She is public figure in Poland. People chose her because they like her in Poland. Well, why shouldn't she give something from her and he active so something changes there. Its not 14 century. She could use her esc experience to change something.
She is only 17, at the start of her career. She has much to lose. It's unfair to ask people to pick sides on such a divisive issue. It could have serious ramifications, there's no way to know for us.

Uto

Veteran
@Uto

That is a troll, don't fall on his/her comments.. ;)
If the supposed troll is going to have a normal conversation on this, then a normal conversation will be had. I am not so easily dismissive of other people even if their style of communication may be unpredictable or abrasive at times.

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Mainshow

Veteran
I can't blame her for that. If she had spoken the truth she would have had similar issues, being seen as unsupportive of either the LGBT's or her own country. I give the interviewer 0 points for being a douche. It's fine to ask tough questions, but knowingly putting people in a bind is just a dick move.

I agree. I hate such questions during ESC.
Yes, you can see rainbow items in Polish cities (e.g. Bags from Flying Tiger as a support, for example). I just noticed two young women wearing them in a small town in a very conservative area in Silesia.
However, this doesn't mean that you won't be beaten up somewhere else in Poland or at a different time at the same place. There's a lot of homophobia going on... But what's the point of asking questions to Polish and Russian representatives about equality in their countries?
It's not like they come up with comments: "Yeah, my country is shit".. Of course they will answer such questions with "There are gay clubs in Moscow" and yes, you have gay clubs in Warsaw and Poznań, for example xD

Mainshow

Veteran
:6: for this lovely and inoffensive ballad. Actually, I like the arrangement a lot and I think that the verses are very interesting and intriguing. Also, Alicja's vocals are indeed very impressive and if she's able to work on them a bit more, she will easily attract a lot of jury votes and that's what Poland desperately needs.
That said, I think that Poland kinda forgot to come up with a memorable chorus and a distinctive character for this song by focusing on ticking all these "juries might love this and that" boxes.

It might grow on me and I think thst Poland will easily qualify with this track but honestly, performed by another singer, it would be completely forgotten after its performance.

AleksTheDino

I agree. I hate such questions during ESC.
Yes, you can see rainbow items in Polish cities (e.g. Bags from Flying Tiger as a support, for example). I just noticed two young women wearing them in a small town in a very conservative area in Silesia.
However, this doesn't mean that you won't be beaten up somewhere else in Poland or at a different time at the same place. There's a lot of homophobia going on... But what's the point of asking questions to Polish and Russian representatives about equality in their countries?
It's not like they come up with comments: "Yeah, my country is shit".. Of course they will answer such questions with "There are gay clubs in Moscow" and yes, you have gay clubs in Warsaw and Poznań, for example xD
Out of curiosity, are you Silesian, just like me? #SilesiaForESC2021
I agree that it is simply mean to ask questions like that, with any answer you're gonna lose. And I think Alicja answered in the best way possible. People would be very mad at a person representing Poland and then speaking badly about it.
Sending the gay black dude for Poland would've been a great choice for Poland now that I think about it :LOL:

• Say Yay
Reactions: Mrm

MalagaToledo

Banned
[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

What a nice, open, welcoming country Poland is. Alicja was right. Its such a 21 century country, open for inclusiveness, diversity, all the things that are important to Eurovision. I don't know who wouldn't like to go there if Poland wins some day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom