Contact us

OLDIES SPINOFF (1900-1959) FROM NEW ACADIA! - DL 16/10 @ 16.00 CET

Canuck

finalgw.png

Welcome to Nouvelle-Annapolis, New Acadia, the country's biggest city, to celebrate all things music for the first 60 years of the 20th century!

The early 20th century was a time of innovation, expansion, learning, and modernizing. People realized that the world wasn't as simple as they once thought, through findings by some of the best-known scientists in history such as Albert Einstein and Nikola Tesla. In addition, this was a time where, although there was nothing like the Internet, something we take for granted today, people increasingly started to realize that globalization was an idea of the future. The founding of the League of Nations and later on the UN during this era are a clear sign of this.

With that being said, the early 20th century saw some of culture's most devastating events, as the Great Depression and the two world wars destroyed the lives of millions upon millions; it's pinnacle being the dropping of the atomic bomb during this period, a decision still debated in political circles today.

The radio was first invented in this time, and for the first time ever people of a nation could be connected by a culture of music. The sounds of the first 60 years of the decade are as diverse as they are today, though the sound was very different. And of course, our beloved Eurovision Song Contest began during this period.

Let's get started with the show! The theme of this edition is 'Let the Good Times Roll,' so let's listen to the song that inspired the theme!

Louis Jordan - Let The Good Times Roll

and of course, the songs participating tonight...

INTERVAL ACT
The Eurovision song contest was, of course, created in this period, so, as such, let's remember the song that started it all, 'Refrain,' performed by Lys Assia.

And what would be an early Eurovision stroll down memory lane without easily the most well known entry from the 50's, Nel blu dipinto de blu (Volare), by Domenico Modugno‽

and on with the show :)

RECAP MADE BY STRAJKER :):

DEADLINE: 16/10 @ 16.00 CET

Best of luck to all participants!

Last edited:

twister

Re: OLDIES SPINOFF (1900-1959) - DL 16/10 @ 16.00 CET

Oh you could send from below 50's? :S Didn't know that.... oh well good show!

aletem

Oh my, so many good songs. :) Great rock n'roll choice 10RoM! :cool:

Keko

Great rock n'roll choice 10RoM! :cool:

Thanks! I quite xheart that song. =)
And while we're at it I should mention that link to my song does not work =/
But great show anyway! I love how retro everything looks and the fact everything is black and white. =D

Canuck

Thanks! I quite xheart that song. =)
And while we're at it I should mention that link to my song does not work =/
But great show anyway! I love how retro everything looks and the fact everything is black and white. =D

I just replaced it. It said it was showing up as a private video. Let me know if you want another link instead of the one I posted :)

takeru

Great show and recap! :D
Just to be sure, TaA's artist is Charlie Parker, right? :p As Bill Haley is the Mobian entrant. but I think this was just a typo, nothing to worry about xD
Also, cool to see the Nukish entry, Kargo's cover of this song was in NSC 28 for Prasia's entry, but I didn't realise it was actually a really old song :D

strajker

WOW only 2? i thought everybody will vote in first 2/3 days because only 11 (+1) song to listen

Top Bottom