Contact us

NSC Spinoffs: Information | Spinoff#177 | VOTE!

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
eyCciy6.png

CURRENT SPINOFF (#177)
TBA

COMPETING THEMES (177)

1. All Around The World: a real-world country is chosen by the host. All artists competing in this event must be from the chosen country. In the case of groups, the majority of people in the group must be from the country. The song can be in any language.

2. AATW type of Spinoff but with NSC nations

3. AI Cover Spinoff

4. Covers & Remixes 5
: everyone has to send cover or remixed version of a song previously entered in the main contest, including the original versions of songs whose covers or remixes were entered in NSC.

5. Major/Minor: songs changed from major into minor key (and vice versa)

6. NSC ESC Classic: any entry from any year allowed

7. NSC NF

8. Oldies
: tba, the host can decide the timeframe

HISTORY OF SPINOFFS SO FAR
PART 1
PART 2

SPINOFF CONTESTS WIKI
CLICK

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
Just to clarify, are we having the ESC 2020/21 Karaoke special after World Tour or are we waiting until the actual 2021 Final on 22nd May is done (and potentially after another spin-off)?

If the latter, then I might have scheduling issues in terms of hosting since I'll be getting married at the end of June and will have very little time for hanging around this beautiful little haven. So yeah, just want to check the general plans ;)

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
So since the ESC Karaoke spin-offs have always been a special spin-off that sit outside the normal spin-off voting process, would anyone object if I was to open the registration for the 2020/21 edition this weekend (probably tomorrow) with a deadline of one week after the ESC 2021 Grand Final (29th/30th May)?

That way, it would take advantage of the current Eurovision hype while also allowing the peeps that don't listen to entries in advance of the contest hear all of the 2021 songs before combatting that PED effect in the week following the grand final.

(and also it fits in perfectly with my free days for the shows ;) )

Let me know if anyone has any major objections, but hopefully not. xlove

takeru

After all the fun we just had with the videogame spinoff (even if it was technically unintentional)

Time Capsule Spinoff:
Another spinoff where we get together the songs and vote, but don’t reveal the results until x years down the line.
(We can have a revote and song presentation when it comes to it, comparing the new results to the old results too)

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
NSC Religious and Spiritual Songs Spinoff: enter songs that explore religious and/or spiritual themes and concepts.
Chain reaction spin off: there will be two stages. First stage people will say if they're in. Second stage there will be a draw. The first person will choose a song and send the title of the song to person #2 and the second person will submit a song that has in the title at least one same word with the song of the first person (in any language, and words like and, in, on, is etc are excluded), then the second person will send his song to the person #3 and goes forth.
Example:
Person #1: Another one bites the dust
Person #2: Dust in the wind
Person #3: Wind of change
Etc

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
People just don't seem to like Eurovision-themed spinoffs. I always suggest them..
In my case, I'd rather like to discover new songs than listening or competing with those who were already shown (and in that case, not even songs I scouted for or discovered on my own). That's why I'm not a fan of congrats either :lol:

Ewigkeit

Veteran
Sports Spinoff: Songs about various sports, theme songs of sports events, etc.

Languages 4

AATW

Vocaloid Spinoff:
Participants send songs that are sung by a Vocaloid.

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Poll is opened! Please vote for the next theme!

70's NSC
AATW:
a real-world country chosen by the host. All artists competing in this event must be from the chosen country. In the case of groups, the majority of people in the group must be from the country. The song can be in any language.
Chain reaction spin off: there will be two stages. First stage people will say if they're in. Second stage there will be a draw. The first person will choose a song and send the title of the song to person #2 and the second person will submit a song that has in the title at least one same word with the song of the first person (in any language, and words like and, in, on, is etc are excluded), then the second person will send his song to the person #3 and goes forth.
Example:
Person #1: Another one bites the dust
Person #2: Dust in the wind
Person #3: Wind of change
Etc
Copycats: everyone is randomly assigned another nation. They choose a song and vote as if they were that nation.
Covers & Remixes 5: everyone has to send cover or remixed version of a song previously entered in the main contest, including the original versions of songs whose covers or remixes were entered in NSC.
ESC NFs
Genres 3:
the host picks a genre. All entries must be of that genre (the previous two were folk and industrial).
Languages 4: all the participants may only enter songs which are not in English language
Make a Wish: everyone wishes for a song. Examples: "I want dubstep with bagpipes", "I want an Asian 70s song". Then others try to fulfill that wish.
NSC Religious and Spiritual Songs Spinoff: enter songs that explore religious and/or spiritual themes and concepts.
Sports Spinoff: Songs about various sports, theme songs of sports events, etc.
Summer-themed songs spinoff
Time Capsule Spinoff:
another spinoff where we get together the songs and vote, but don’t reveal the results until x years down the line.
(We can have a revote and song presentation when it comes to it, comparing the new results to the old results too)
Videogames 2
Vocaloid Spinoff:
Participants send songs that are sung by a Vocaloid.
Rainbow Rumble: every participant has to send a song which title has a colour in it.

Vote until 14/06 23:00 cest

Last edited:

Barish

Yeah me too, but if it does happen, don't even think about stealing the entry I think you might be tempted to register from me... IOTAP xqueenbitch :lol:

Ahahah no babycakes not at all! I got my eyes on a recent favourite so you can count on me xbike

People just don't seem to like Eurovision-themed spinoffs. I always suggest them..

That's a shame tbh. I remember ESC NFs being a blast and sometimes with surprising results a la NSC ESC 2021. And it helped developing my taste and general knowledge in ESC national finals!

Top Bottom