Contact us

NSC Spinoff | Words Randomizer | SHOW ENDED, Results start from I dunno, page 9?

What number should ferret have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uto

Veteran

2wui.png

HELLO

WELCOME TO NSC SPINOFF

LEAVE ME A MESSAGE
I'LL GIVE YOU A WORD

cartoon-character-suzuka-500x500.jpg

deadlines:

deadline for signup = 15-1-21 23:59 CET
deadline for entry = 20-1-21 21:21 CET
show post = 21-1-21 23:00 CET or so (after LL)
LL = 21-1-21 20:30 CET
Second LL = at some point (random)
deadline for voting = 30-1-21 23:59 CET

results = 31-1-21 21:00 CET

links:

show post

text show
voting schema

old OP:

Last edited:

Uto

Veteran
We used to regularly have 40+ for Congrats (I believe the record is 53 for Congrats 7), but that's kind of a special case.

Not sure what the record is for non-Congrats spinoffs, but this is definitely set to be the biggest in a while.
I hope for the sake of my already unstable sanity that it doesn't come to that.

theditz83

Veteran
Yeah I know Congrats were always bigger, but for a non-Congrats spin-off this is definitely a mammoth! Hope the deadline is kind to allow for plenty of listening time haha :lol:

Uto

Veteran
Would love to, but my new work/life routine doesn't easily allow for them unless they are held at the weekend and during the day (so pretty much never xfacepalm )
Yeah well I can always hold a second one on Saturday 13:00 CET. Maybe won't be a lot of people, but I mean I'll be up for giving it a go just to see if it's a good idea or not.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
We used to regularly have 40+ for Congrats (I believe the record is 53 for Congrats 7), but that's kind of a special case.

Not sure what the record is for non-Congrats spinoffs, but this is definitely set to be the biggest in a while.
Wasn't 32 set to be the maximum allowed for spinoffs (except Congrats) back in the days? I remember rushing to reserve a spot before all the places got taken...

Uto

Veteran
It Utopost is still accepting those, I am sending a word :)
Totally. Morty might not like it because there used to be rules, but quite frankly I think the chances are very real that some of those who signed up will ultimately not enter. You'll receive a word in the next hour or so.

theditz83

Veteran
Totally. Morty might not like it because there used to be rules, but quite frankly I think the chances are very real that some of those who signed up will ultimately not enter. You'll receive a word in the next hour or so.

I don't think Morty was having a go or anything, I think he was posting in answer to my question of the biggest spin-off previously. No shade intended ;)

Uto

Veteran
I don't think Morty was having a go or anything, I think he was posting in answer to my question of the biggest spin-off previously. No shade intended ;)
Yes, but I prefer to see myself as a rebel living on the edge.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
Wasn't 32 set to be the maximum allowed for spinoffs (except Congrats) back in the days? I remember rushing to reserve a spot before all the places got taken...

Ooh, you're right, I totally forgot about that. The spinoff thread actually has a set of rules in the first post, and one of them says:

"The absolute maximum number of countries allowed to participate is now 32 (to accommodate the increased nations due to WL), except in cases of particularly popular spinoffs."

I think it's sufficiently vague that Uto can decide for himself whether to stop accepting participants. What do you think @Uto, would you say this is a particularly popular spinoff?

As a side note, there should probably be a spinoff section in the official rules thread, now that I think about it. I'll start working on that ;)

HayashiM

Veteran
Ooh, you're right, I totally forgot about that. The spinoff thread actually has a set of rules in the first post, and one of them says:

"The absolute maximum number of countries allowed to participate is now 32 (to accommodate the increased nations due to WL), except in cases of particularly popular spinoffs."

I think it's sufficiently vague that Uto can decide for himself whether to stop accepting participants. What do you think @Uto, would you say this is a particularly popular spinoff?

As a side note, there should probably be a spinoff section in the official rules thread, now that I think about it. I'll start working on that ;)

A 'particularly popular spinoff'? By definition, that seems to me like 'any spinoff where more than 32 countries are interested'... :D ;)

Uto

Veteran
Well, this spinoff is certainly particular. Could argue it's popular. Think it qualifies.

Uto

Veteran
A 'particularly popular spinoff'? By definition, that seems to me like 'any spinoff where more than 32 countries are interested'... :D ;)
Yeah it's legit the most self-defeating rule I've ever seen in this thread.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
If I remember correctly, I think the limit was set because a lot of entries means it's gonna be more work to listen to and rank the songs. And I think the "particularly popular spinoffs" is meant to be the Congrats spinoffs, and possibly NSC ESC?

For me tho, it's not a problem, but maybe extend the deadline with a few days if we get many entries?

For the record, I will confirm, and since I haven't gotten any more votes in the NF, I think my entry is pretty much decided. I'll give it until tonight tho. :)

Uto

Veteran
For me tho, it's not a problem, but maybe extend the deadline with a few days if we get many entries?

We will see, it's not a problem if this is needed. Given low status of contest it's likely that there's going to be some shuffling with dates anyway to evade other LL's and stuff. I don't have a clue about that yet.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
I agree, that rule doesn't really function as a rule :p I think it should be something along the lines of:

The maximum number of participants allowed in a spinoff is 32, unless otherwise specified by the host in the confirmation thread. If a spinoff has more than 32 participants, the voting period must last a minimum of 10 days.

But anyway, I'll open a rule discussion thread soon and we can figure out what it should be.

Sean

Admin
Staff member

The 80s spinoff I hosted had 38 entries, don't remember any others that were bigger

Top Bottom