Contact us

NSC 78 - SEMI 1 - DL: 28th JAN @ 23:59 CET

Liam

logozr.png

Thought I'd do something cheesy and different ;)

Welcome to Kostanovia!! Unfortunately our beautiful country has been torn apart by an immense hippie war. Hippies from all over the world, from Tohru to Yaponesia and New Acadia to Waloria are fighting to take control of this great central nation. A hippie from each country is on a team, and each team has a different goal and lifestyle they wish to implement on Kostanovian culture... and the only way they can peacefully win this war is to send a song to represent their nation. The winner of NSC 78 and their team will get their wishes. Here are the teams and their wants:

Navy Nature Lovers - equal rights for animals, trees and humans
Placid Purples - a calm, stressfree world
Red and White Romantics - a world where everyone loves everyone
Sky Blue Stoners - legalise marijuana
Pink Peacemakers - a world without violence and terrorism

But the yuppies won't let them get it that easily!

Cobalt Corporates - willing to do anything for a luxury lifestyle
Black Maseratis - the only cars allowed to be sold are Maseratis
Mini Green Guccis - everyone must wear gucci clothes that are a few sizes too small
Filthy Rich Red & Blacks - have little cares beyond money and work
Yellow Yoga Freaks - a tv channel dedicated to the 'sport' of yoga

I know it's kinda cheesy but anyway, here are the songs......

PREQUALIFIERS VOTING IN THIS SEMI

PQ.
PQ.
PQ.

Good luck guys!

DEADLINE: I was thinking Saturday 28th January at 23:59 CET. This would ensure a weekend results show but any problems let me know :D Please send your reju votes to 94ayd. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Cooler

Banned
Re: NSC 78 - SEMI 1 - Battle of The Hippies and The Yuppies

:lol:

Amazed by the banners and the idea.

Bojan

wow opening the semi :eek: amazing banners :D great job Liam!
good luck to all semifinalists xcheer

dogmeat

This semifinal is too mainstream. I only take part in semis that have less than 12 participants.

woog show, on a non-hipster side note

Liam

I have already received some votes, and I know from experience my opening votes are always very different to my votes at the end of the week... sooo I was thinking if you change your mind about your votes you can revote later? Only in the semi, not in the final as by then you should have a good idea of what you like or don't. Or would you rather once the votes are confirmed, they're confirmed and that's it, no changing? What's your opinion on this :p

Cooler

Banned

I have already received some votes, and I know from experience my opening votes are always very different to my votes at the end of the week... sooo I was thinking if you change your mind about your votes you can revote later? Only in the semi, not in the final as by then you should have a good idea of what you like or don't. Or would you rather once the votes are confirmed, they're confirmed and that's it, no changing? What's your opinion on this :p
No changing, once so, always so. No one forced you to vote earlier, it's your own problem that you hadn't given a chance to some of the songs before you voted. It has never been so, and I don't want it to be now either. So yeah, once when the votes are confirmed, they are confirmed and that's it.

Bojan

I'm for no change of votes too. Once you vote that's final. It's silly to change them..if you are not so sure about them, just don't vote so early on.

Last edited:

dogmeat

And what actually is the harm of changing your votes if the host doesn't mind taking 10 more seconds on fixing them in his notes?

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Awesome show, love the backgrounds! :mrgreen:

Liam

I agree with Orian! I definitely don't mind changing, since I know some people make mistakes when voting early on that could cost someone a final place (when perhaps they don't have a catchy song which you'd vote for on the first listen).

Cooler

Banned

And what actually is the harm of changing your votes if the host doesn't mind taking 10 more seconds on fixing them in his notes?
Why you voted if you didn't think you had given a chance to some of the songs? Sounds pointless to me. Then we could all vote thousands of times. It's always been this way, why changing?

Liam

Why you voted if you didn't think you had given a chance to some of the songs? Sounds pointless to me. Then we could all vote thousands of times. It's always been this way, why changing?

Was just an idea :lol: Because I know how much my votes change. I won't accept any change of votes then if you have such a problem :lol:

Cooler

Banned

Was just an idea :lol: Because I know how much my votes change. I won't accept any change of votes then if you have such a problem :lol:
I don't have a problem if the others agree, whatever. I'll vote only once anyway. Don't support the idea. Perhaps you could make a poll?

MrJadeEwen

You should limit the number vote changes, so people don't spam and constantly change them. But you are right, in the semi you get a lot of songs growing on you :p I like this idea

Liam

I don't have a problem if the others agree, whatever. I'll vote only once anyway. Don't support the idea. Perhaps you could make a poll?

I don't care enough to make a poll :lol: It's just an option there for anyone who wants to.

Liam

You should limit the number vote changes, so people don't spam and constantly change them. But you are right, in the semi you get a lot of songs growing on you :p I like this idea

Good idea! So I'm proposing:

You can vote at any time, but if you want to change your votes after Wednesday, you can do it once. AWESOME, SORTED :D

Top Bottom