3 1.8%

8 4.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

jatojo

I love the fact that Norway send a screaming woman on a spinning platform and people are saying, "At last they've stopped sending gimmicky entries!"
The difference is that you can’t really say “that song is just so much fun” about ‘Ulveham’.

NemesisNick

MGP Final 2024 is now over. The winner was Gåte - "Ulveham" with a combined score of 250 points (jury 76 and public 174). Well it's hardly surprising, they were the favourites to win tonight. Congratulations to Gåte for winning; although their song is not my taste in music (the choruses are way too screechy for my liking); they did well to win in such a close year.

KEiiNO - "Damdiggida", which won the jury vote with 98 points, finished second in the public vote with 146 points, and second overall with 244 points. Thus, there was just a six point difference between Gåte (1st) and KEiiNO (2nd) in the combined results.

Well done to all of tonight's artists, no matter where on the scoreboard they placed. All nine of them did well to get to the final.

boyardor

:12::12::12:
Fun Fact: World chose Aiko for Czechia, Czechia chose Gåte for Norway… Czechia gave 12 points to Gåte and 6 to KEiiNO. In the end the gap between Gåte and KEiiNO was 6 points.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
Well people are usually lazy for copying and pasting.

Laziness is not an acceptable excuse.

Well Gaate seems to be a somewhat acceptable spelling if there is no å available. (the band uses it).

Yeah, Gaate works. aa is the old (Danish) way of spelling å. Just like ae for æ and oe for ø (the other two special letters in the Norwegian/Danish alphabet).

jatojo

I’ve given ‘Ulveham’ an 8.

It’s a bit like Spain’s entry last year. While the artistic level is high, the melody isn’t exactly catchy. But everything else is great - not least that the song is in Norwegian and the story told in it is (based on) an old folk tale.

0scar

It’s a bit like Spain’s entry last year. While the artistic level is high, the melody isn’t exactly catchy. But everything else is great - not least that the song is in Norwegian and the story told in it is (based on) an old folk tale.

Yeah good comparison, I didn't think of that one yet. I wouldn't be surprised if Ulveham would do somewhat similar as Eaea

theditz83

Veteran
Your guys did great and I'm sure they'll be back again. Third time will be the charm.

cat-hugs-alydn.gif
But... This was their third time. And I remember reading an interview about them writing Damdiggida and realising it would be a song they'd submit to MGP for "one last try".

So I doubt they will ever return. I just have to hope and pray they stay together for all their fans who understand their value beyond Eurovision.

But thank you Kai for thinking of me earlier and for your lovely words - you're a gem xrunhug

jatojo

Yeah, Gaate works. aa is the old (Danish) way of spelling å. Just like ae for æ and oe for ø (the other two special letters in the Norwegian/Danish alphabet).
You’re right about ‘aa’ (Norway actually started to use ‘å’ before Denmark). Using ‘ae’ and ‘oe’ are just international ways of writing Scandinavian - it was never used in the Scandinavian languages.

theditz83

Veteran
:12::12::12:
Fun Fact: World chose Aiko for Czechia, Czechia chose Gåte for Norway… Czechia gave 12 points to Gåte and 6 to KEiiNO. In the end the gap between Gåte and KEiiNO was 6 points.
Yes, Czechia and UK are dead to me tbh with those 6 points from both - Scottish independence now pls

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
You’re right about ‘aa’ (Norway actually started to use ‘å’ before Denmark). Using ‘ae’ and ‘oe’ are just international ways of writing Scandinavian - it was never used in the Scandinavian languages.
Well, there are surnames with oe which are pronounced ø in Norway at least. And when people write "bae", you can probably tell what I'm thinking. :lol:

Realest

One of the few Countries that constantly delivers. 12 Points.
Btw. Tix lost all my respect...

jatojo

How far fetched is it to claim that those of us who were fans of ‘Hammer Of Thor’ got consolation with the victory of ‘Ulveham’? :LOL:

theditz83

Veteran
Genuine question - in the chorus of "Ulveham", is the lead singer meant to go completely out of time from the backing track? It makes what is already not a comfortable listen for my ears almost completely unlistenable.

Is it a stylistic choice or was it a problem with the performance (in ears or whatever)?

I gave this :4: because it is captivating, but the lack of a catchy melodic hook to draw me in just leaves me cold.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Wonderful choice. Thank fuck the Damdiggidogshit lost. What an absolute travesty of a song that was.

Ulveham is going to really well in Eurovision too, so there is that. FINALLY A REAL SONG FROM THIS STUPID COUNTRY. Here's :10: points to celebrate.

UPWARD AND ONWARDS EVERYONE.

Top Bottom