3 1.8%

8 4.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

SAYAY

Mileo instead of My AI would have been perfect but I've got 5/6 so far so I won't complain and as you've mentioned.... Gåte is the entry you should be sending to Eurovision so far.
That performance was incredible!!
Yeah I dont get it either. No hate to Erika Norwich ofc because she is seriously a total sweetheart, but the performance was not very good.

Also while I am at it, I can might as well just debunk the secrecy if it has not been mentioned already - Super Rob is "Jim" from Subwoolfer aka Gaute Ormåsen ;)

Magimixer

So very happy that "Judge Tenderly of Me" went through. It's just perfect and I love it.
Gåte no surprise of course.
Unfortunately not surprised that AI went through, but I really hate it. Sounds like a wannabe Aqua in a cheap version. And she clearly can't sing and dance at the same time. I dearly hope it doesn't win in the final.
I would definitely have preferred Mileo or Farida instead.

JenJen94

Farida's song was so good :( It was giving me such a nostalgic vibe, but seems like I'm the only one liking it...

Ulveham ftw now!!!

Oh I loved it too!! It was really good. Some coat she had though :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, Ulveham to Malmo please. Its absolutely brilliant!! Loved everything about it.

My AI, I agree with above, sounded like an aqua rip off. Judge Tenderly of me was lovely, not my fave but I'm happy for them they get a go!

Last edited:

b4ld3r

Ding dong the witch is dead beep boop the robot is dead! Please let Keiino be a disaster live as well so Gåte wins

jatojo

It's sort of wrong to say that "Ulveham" is based on a Norwegian folk ballad. The song is a common Scandinavian one, and it appears to have been written down in Denmark first (16th century). Btw, the point of the lyrics is kind of missing in Gåte's version because it has been shortened quite a bit compared to the "original". (Of course, the *melody* is a different matter.)

Last edited:

JSSArcos

Gate was so BREATHTAKING! Incredible! The atmosphere they managed to create was impossible to be indifferent to.

Norway, please send this! x12pointsxheart

I would risk saying that it could be my number 1 of the season (last year it would have been at least), and one of the best ever in Eurovision (without any exaggeration).

I love it, thank you.

Norwegians, is victory possible, or am I just deluding myself?

Last edited:

Neo

Shame about Venus, it just didn't translate well to live, and she also made the mistake of being in her 50s. (NRK's notorious lighting didn't help either of course)

The US country song is no surprise as that's who Norway is, but the AI thing I don't get at all. Because it was like Aqua, is that it?

Oh and can you all please say Gaate instead of gate.

Mainshow

Veteran
Oh and can you all please say Gaate instead of gate.

Make them win MGP so that their name is part of this thread's name so that we just have to copy the correct spelling because we non-Scandinavians don't have the letter "å" on our keyboards.

I can only present you ü, ö, ä, ß as alternatives.

And yes, I'm advocating for Gåte's victory based on a lingustic point of view.

Please, Norway, educate us on your language by sending that absolutely fantastic entry to Malmö xheart

I need them to grace my Top 10 (probably Top 3 easily) this year!!!

theditz83

Veteran
the AI thing I don't get at all. Because it was like Aqua, is that it?
Do a lot of younger viewers vote in MGP? As I'd imagine that (and perhaps Mileo to a lesser degree) were basically their fodder for this semi final - never underestimate the ongoing power of the Barbie movie effect.

Personally, aside from the talking sections, I think "My AI" is far more in the vein of songs from other Bubblegum acts like Daze/Toy Box than Aqua, but yeah we won't go down that route.

Erika needs to be far more confident to hit those notes consistently as being so all over the place that the melody is not a comfortable thing to watch. I also don't really get Super Rob's part in the live show - even if his mouth lit up something, you could vaguely determine he was meant to be singing... Jeez, maybe I am just too old for this kinda live performance now. xfaint

As many have already said Gåte was the highlight performance of the evening, even if song-wise it doesn't really tickle my fancy that much. Two weeks in a row we have the "top performance" in the final spot - will KEiiNO be put last next week? I think it would be a cracking closer to the semis. Adding this fan-shot video from their little shopping centre tour in Norway just to show that even with basic sound engineering (few filters likely) Alexandra slays vocally once again with this one.

Last edited:

SAYAY

Do a lot of younger viewers vote in MGP?

That's actually a very good question! I have been trying to see if there is any kind of data about how many % of the different age groups actually watches MGP from previous years, but I have not had much luck in finding anything. But I think based on some of the songs and artists that has been picked out over the last years, they are definitely trying to get younger people watching.

Take Erika Norwich for example who has a pretty large amount of followers on TikTok and I assume many of her followers are maybe somewhere between 13-30 years ish maybe? And TIX already had a pretty big amount of fans who are everything between 10 to 18 to 30+ when he was in in 2021, so I think him participating + covid times may have gotten many younger people who would not usually watch MGP to watch it that year. And I could see Jone and Umami and Subwoolfer also appeal to younger age groups. But its difficult to say how many younger viewers actually watches and ends up voting because of different reasons.

For example, I am under the impression that many people just prefers to watch the final on February 3rd, and not necessarily the semi finals. I dont know the numbers from yesterdays sf yet, but sf1 was watched by 532.000 people in total. There was a pretty strong competition of getting views last Saturday though since there was a very exciting handball match on one of the sports channels, and the norwegian version of The Best Singers of the Netherlands (NO Title; Hver gang vi møtes) went simultaneously as MGP on a different channel and had 567.000 viewers. But looking at last year and other years, the views on the final has always been way higher than in the semi finals.

Also, to make an account on NRK to vote, you have to in theory be 13 years old, so there is that age limit. However you can easily get around it by stating that you are older than you are. But I suppose parents could also be voting on behalf of their kids if they have a user themselves, and that has probably also happened. So its kinda difficult to give a definite answer to how many younger viewers actually votes in MGP when there isn't really any data of it published anywhere and because of this, but since they are trying to take in a variety of songs and artists it seems they are definitely trying to think about what the younger audience would like so it could be a somewhat significant amount.

aef

I somehow didn’t like Ulveham at all when listening to the studio version but the brought this song to live with their stunning performance. This is so Nordic in the best way possible. I would love to see this at Eurovision instead of KEiiNO. I’m a big fan of KEiiNO but they have better songs.

theditz83

Veteran
Ulveham just jumped up in the odds with 52% winning chance while Keiino dropped to 25% and Super Flop is dropping to 5% (before the performance they were no.1 with around 30%) 💀
Don't think you can really take these % odds as fully representative when we are still to see the final 6 songs performed live. After Saturday next week, that's when the odds will hopefully start to show a more representative view.

What's certain is that Gåte has put themselves firmly in the mix for the win now. Is Margaret Berger still a challenger? Or Gothminister? xthink

Top Bottom