Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
No man, you're doing the 'reverse psychology' now, not cool man, not cool...

Not doing anything, just go back in history, it all just started with me referencing what I hear when I hear the song.

I don't agree with the behavior of a certain other forum member in here who ridiculed people for liking it, but what I can ridicule is the complete defensive stan behavior some have shown, that's no better behavior than this person I refer to.

Franzilein

Hard to say what's real and what's not in this thread any longer, people's overreaction to someone just stating their opinion on a song shows how bloody serious people are about this entry and it's quite peculiar to see such reactions, haven't really seen it in many other threads where people also state their opinions on songs (good or bad).

K, let me help you. The thing that I find weird about your "opinion" was this.
The song literary sounds like some boyband ballad from early 00's, why are you all so sensitive? That's how it sounds and that's just it, whether it's something you like then that's another topic.

You state the sound of a song as a fact, and then it's up to personal preference if you like it or not. I wanted clearer arguments for the first part.
But then you came around with this.
Almost all about this entry sounds like an early 00's , maybe even late 90's, boyband ballad to me. It's basically a bubble-gum teen-pop ballad with cheesy melody and composition, shallow cheesy lyrics (lol at people seriously seeing depth in this but each to their own). Like there's nothing much to say really. If people would just be mature enough to own up to the fact that this is their guilty pleasure, then fine, but instead people are pretending like this entry is some super well composed, contemporary-sounding, almost groundbreaking piece that seriously addresses mental illness... like the delusion is running high :lol:

This is nothing but your personal opinion. If you find a melody or composition cheesy. If you say it sounds like that "to [you]". You don't list up anything substantial to back up your claim in the first comment but personal feelings. Which is fine on its own, but not in the context of your earlier comment.
A trademark of boybands in general for example are vocal frys and a breathy voice. TIX doesn't fall back to that, he belts the notes pretty cleanly.

A-lister

Veteran
K, let me help you. The thing that I find weird about your "opinion" was this.

You state the sound of a song as a fact, and then it's up to personal preference if you like it or not. I wanted clearer arguments for the first part.
But then you came around with this.

This is nothing but your personal opinion. If you find a melody or composition cheesy. If you say it sounds like that "to [you]". You don't list up anything substantial to back up your claim in the first comment but personal feelings. Which is fine on its own, but not in the context of your earlier comment.
A trademark of boybands in general for example are vocal frys and a breathy voice. TIX doesn't fall back to that, he belts the notes pretty cleanly.

See this is where this thread gets problematic, if someone says it's a masterpiece or whatever it's taken at face value but if someone says it sounds like a 00's boyband ballad then suddenly you have to elaborate and have a defense speech? It really makes no sense.

It really does sound like that to me, I can't help it. I mean fact / subjective, we talk about the impression of music here. If it does sound like that to me then yeah, that makes it a "fact" (to me at least)? Doesn't it?

Not claiming everyone needs to agree though, then there was some misunderstanding or miscommunication.

Franzilein

See this is where this thread gets problematic, if someone says it's a masterpiece or whatever it's taken at face value but if someone says it sounds like a 00's boyband ballad then suddenly you have to elaborate and have a defense speech? It really makes no sense.

You still don't get it, do you? If you say "this is a masterpiece" or "this is trash", who cares, that's an opinion. You made your opinion sound like a fact in general. I can quote it again if you like.

The song literary sounds like some boyband ballad from early 00's, why are you all so sensitive? That's how it sounds and that's just it, whether it's something you like then that's another topic.
You state the sound of a song as a fact, and then it's up to personal preference if you like it or not.

And if you can't elaborate a "fact" with actual objective criteria I asked you to,

But that's the point. Imagine us being completely clueless (frankly, we actually are, because we don't hear what you hear). Which trademarks of "90's boyband sound" do you refer to which happen to coincide with Fallen Angel? Is it so hard to give more substance and back-up to your claims? "It sounds like that because it sounds like that" is not an argument, we aren't in first grade anymore.

but instead with this

Almost all about this entry sounds like an early 00's , maybe even late 90's, boyband ballad to me. It's basically a bubble-gum teen-pop ballad with cheesy melody and composition, shallow cheesy lyrics (lol at people seriously seeing depth in this but each to their own (r/SelfAwareWolves lol). Like there's nothing much to say really.

which is nothing but a superficial personal opinion, you render your statement pretty useless.

It really does sound like that to me, I can't help it. I mean fact / subjective, we talk about the impression of music here. If it does sound like that to me then yeah, that makes it a "fact" (to me at least)? Doesn't it?

Not claiming everyone needs to agree though, then there was some misunderstanding or miscommunication.

Exactly.

God, I hate Home Office. Way too much free-time.

A-lister

Veteran
You still don't get it, do you? If you say "this is a masterpiece" or "this is trash", who cares, that's an opinion. You made your opinion sound like a fact in general. I can quote it again if you like.

And if you can't elaborate a "fact" with actual objective criteria I asked you to,

but instead with this

which is nothing but a superficial personal opinion, you render your statement pretty useless.

Exactly.

God, I hate Home Office. Way too much free-time.

Honestly this discussion is exhausting and isn't leading anywhere, the song sounds like that to me and I can't take out my brain and pretend elsewise.

Franzilein

Honestly this discussion is exhausting and isn't leading anywhere, the song sounds like that to me and I can't take out my brain and pretend elsewise.

Which nobody said :rolleyes: Work on your phrasing if it's simply your opinion, don't dress them up as a fact.

A-lister

Veteran
Which nobody said :rolleyes: Work on your phrasing if it's simply your opinion, don't dress them up as a fact.

Yeah, because if I hear a jazz piece I can't call it jazz because someone might get offended? sure...

I'll let it be my final words, quite odd to have to defend what you hear against a bunch of people who obviously feel like I hit a weak nerve or something... might be some truth to what I said after all :lol:

Franzilein

Yeah, because if I hear a jazz piece I can't call it jazz because someone might get offended? sure...

I'll let it be my final words, quite odd to have to defend what you hear against a bunch of people who obviously feel like I hit a weak nerve or something... might be some truth to what I said after all :lol:

Sigh... again, you said no objective criteria of a "90's boyband song"; I even gave you an example with the vocal fry and breathy voice. Do I get an actual fact in a similar sense and not an opinion like "cheesy melody" or can we rest the case? Like; how do you determine a Jazz song? "Exquisite melody"? "It's Jazz because it's Jazz"? xrofl

Yeah, there might be truth in it that you're simply wrong in your assumption when you're literally the only one who sees it that way, might just be me however... :rolleyes:

EDIT: And no, I don't think anyone is offended by you calling it that if you would've read our comments... xbored

→ "But looking back... What's wrooong with boyband music? It's so nice." – Jopi
→ "And nothing is wrong with that music, it freaking smashes." / "But then again, coming back to TIX... I don't hear 90's boyband sound in Fallen Angel at all. I just don't see it as a negative aspect when people compare it to that. It doesn't make sense to me, but that is okay." – Me
→ "Exactly. I actually think that the boyband-comparisons doesn't make sense at all. I hear no such music vibes in Fallen angel. But who knows? People see different aspects in music and it is interesting sometimes." – mauve

etc.

Last edited:

MalagaToledo

Banned
Tix will have one extra suitcase than all the others cause those Wings can only fit in a big suitcase. Or maybe instead of using one more suitcase instead of complications, why can't he strap those wings on and try to fly on his own using the Wings. (It's a joke) :LOL:That would be cool. Just as i thought that with roko it Will be last time we see feather wings, there goes norway with the biggest Eurovision scandal of recent history of eurovision song contest.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Sigh... again, you said no objective criteria of a "90's boyband song"; I even gave you an example with the vocal fry and breathy voice. Do I get an actual fact in a similar sense and not an opinion like "cheesy melody" or can we rest the case? Like; how do you determine a Jazz song? "Exquisite melody"? "It's Jazz because it's Jazz"? xrofl

Yeah, there might be truth in it that you're simply wrong in your assumption when you're literally the only one who sees it that way, might just be me however... :rolleyes:

EDIT: And no, I don't think anyone is offended by you calling it that if you would've read our comments... xbored

→ "But looking back... What's wrooong with boyband music? It's so nice." – Jopi
→ "And nothing is wrong with that music, it freaking smashes." / "But then again, coming back to TIX... I don't hear 90's boyband sound in Fallen Angel at all. I just don't see it as a negative aspect when people compare it to that. It doesn't make sense to me, but that is okay." – Me
→ "Exactly. I actually think that the boyband-comparisons doesn't make sense at all. I hear no such music vibes in Fallen angel. But who knows? People see different aspects in music and it is interesting sometimes." – mauve

etc.

Firstly, not sure where the 90's comes from, I stated early 00's :lol:

Yes, my descriptives (= "cheesy" , "generic") are obviously subjective, but just like Ukraine's entry sounds like folk-techno and Denmark's like 80's schlager, this sounds like early 00's boyband ballad and then what? xshrug

So what you're basically continue to say is that others opinions = truth

My opinions = nonsense that shouldn't be heard off...

That's basically what this whole discussions stems down to ultimately.

Franzilein

Firstly, not sure where the 90's comes from, I stated early 00's :lol:

Yes, my descriptives (= "cheesy" , "generic") are obviously subjective, but just like Ukraine's entry sounds like folk-techno and Denmark's like 80's schlager, this sounds like early 00's boyband ballad and then what? xshrug

So what you're basically continue to say is that others opinions = truth

My opinions = nonsense that shouldn't be heard off...

That's basically what this whole discussions stems down to ultimately.

My bad. It's tiring. Point still hands however. Your examples with Ukraine and Denmark are widely agreed upon. They at least make sense.

And no, I did not say that, am I talking to a wall here or what?

Franzilein

Lockdown is turning everyone into cannibals xhunter

Buuuuut I just had my tea and actually found a song which I personally found a bit resembling of Fallen Angel; you know, with the distorted voices and electronic touch. Very boybandish, may I add ;)

A-lister

Veteran
My bad. It's tiring. Point still hands however. Your examples with Ukraine and Denmark are widely agreed upon. They at least make sense.

And no, I did not say that, am I talking to a wall here or what?

I would really like to see what people would say about this if it wasn't for the story that goes with it...

I think we're just talking around eachother and clearly misunderstanding points, no wall really just a tiring discussion as you point out yourself.

Jopi

Urgh.. This discussion is pointless... A-lister keeps twisting his words and stating that posts that Franzilein quoted are his opinion (which maybe are, but he said it in a very wrong way) and all of this is

tumblr_m94em5hpok1revsmeo1_250.gif

Franzilein

I would really like to see what people would say about this if it wasn't for the story that goes with it...

I think we're just talking around eachother and clearly misunderstanding points, no wall really just a tiring discussion as you point out yourself.

Which story do you mean?

I don't think I misunderstand here to be honest ;) But by the way, you did mention 90's boyband song.
I love it how defensive the fans are like it's some sort of court interrogation, it's very cult like standom :lol: Almost all about this entry sounds like an early 00's , maybe even late 90's, boyband ballad to me.

Top Bottom