5 3.1%

4 2.5%

9 5.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Norway-scaled.jpg

FilipFromSweden

I saw a recap of all final songs earlier this morning and thought Ulrikke was the best. Very happy to see her win! It sounds like a bit like a mix of Britney Spear's Down From Under and United Kingdom 2017. Ulrikke really touches me. I'm so happy Kristin did not win, not my cup of tea!

:10:

FilipFromSweden

Also, I Am Gay is a great and fun song. Not saying anyone has to like it, but the Eurovision community has it's fair share of internalized homophobia

ZoboCamel

Quite sad to see Rein missing out by way of the people's jury thing. I feel like Ulrikke would've been the most likely winner anyway, but I think Rein could've done pretty decently on the televotes, and I wish he'd gotten his fair chance. Would've been probably an eight-pointer for me if he'd made it through :(

As for Attention... it's nice, I guess. A generic, middle-of-the-road, slightly-above-average ballad, packaged up well and performed competently. I enjoy listening to it and it may well grow on me over the next few months, but for now I struggle to muster up a whole lot of excitement for it. A high :5: seems about right?

FilipFromSweden

Everyone at :se: thread: lmaooo how does it feel :no: has a better selection than you

Everyone at :no: thread: it gets a :4:

FilipFromSweden

But that's the point, isn't it? Even 4 points Norway is better than the Melodifestivalen 2020 lineup (the first three semis at least).

That's subjective but there are at least 3 finalists already that are at least :8:

Alaska49

also the poll is overwhelmingly favourable to ulrikke. as always, the salty messes are just being loud. never fear, my friends, for i am the saltiest and messiest always, even when i get my way. ^_^

speaking of which, and of sweden, i know taste is subjective but i feel i should be legally allowed to murder any person who loved sanna nielsen's undo and doesn't love this. same principle, execution so much better it's not even in the same universe, imo. if you don't agree why even exist in MY world, he says, as he longs for another guy's attention once again?

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
speaking of which, and of sweden, i know taste is subjective but i feel i should be legally allowed to murder any person who loved sanna nielsen's undo and doesn't love this. same principle, execution so much better it's not even in the same universe, imo. if you don't agree why even exist in MY world, he says, as he longs for another guy's attention once again?

ShySnarlingIchneumonfly-size_restricted.gif

I kill you.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
also the poll is overwhelmingly favourable to ulrikke. as always, the salty messes are just being loud. never fear, my friends, for i am the saltiest and messiest always, even when i get my way. ^_^

am i allowed to live for disliking both

Alaska49

ShySnarlingIchneumonfly-size_restricted.gif

I kill you.
let's duel with HONOUR rainy

tenor.gif

a fight to the death for our chosen nordic gay schlager ballad meet me in the void between the worlds right after i get my ATTENTION

(does this also count as a fight to the death for our chosen ridiculous lithuanian NQ? because i would also pick attention)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Undo was a ballad bop with structure, a strong melody and the epic presence of schlager queen Sanna Nielsen. The bigger question is how can anyone hate Undo yet live for Attention? I mean, I admit I'm a basic bitch for Undo. I don't feel like I have the epitome of wonderful taste when I listen to it, but it's warm. It's comforting. It's heartening and very Eurovision in a bless kind of way. For all its faults, Undo is incredibly charming and poignant.

giphy.gif

^ Alaska's house.

LontraCanadensis

Tbf, I large about why I love Attention is the lyrics (and how they are currently applicable in my life ripme). Undo's lyrics are just a mess and a half (and the hook is annoying). I also think that the instrumentation here is significantly better than Undo. Ulrikke herself resonates with me much more even if Sanna is a kinda hilar, awkward, giraffe human. The similarities are there for sure (and I'mprolly a hypocrite hehe), but "Attention" is the song that Sanna always wished that she had. Did I mention that Ulrikke has my first 12 points? Talent. (And the only perfect result thus far)

Franzilein

I'm not a fan of ballads. If they don't blow me completely out of my seat like Il Volo's Grande Amore, I will have a hard time connecting with them.
... Attention comes nowhere close to Grande Amore.

With that being said, let me cry in the corner for Over The Sea for the whole next week xcry

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Well, it has the whole package of an eurovision power ballad. She's a great performer, this I can't deny, but it doesn't make me want to listen to it again before May. For now I hesitate between a :4: or :5:

Last edited:
Top Bottom