5 3.1%

4 2.5%

9 5.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Norway-scaled.jpg

valenzbar

I don't understand the hype. It's a good song, but too classy for me. Well produced and nice to listen to. Far better than the other favourite, Wild, though.

It will do well and she deserves it, but I hope it doesn't win.

It's a 7 from me.

aef

Very, VERY mediocre. Quite a disappointment after last year. 6 points from me.

stephanos13

Good song. 10 pts for me.

Top 10 likely because of juries. I don't know how this will fare in the televoting in the final.

Mainshow

Veteran
As if this scandal could not get any worse, NRK has today informed the press that the so-called People' s 'Back Up'-jury of 30 people who decided the entries selected for the top 4 ('Silver final') yesterday pre-voted on the basis of studio versions of the songs, not based on the final itself! So the stage shows and live singing in the final - which we know are an important part of the 'ESC-package' for all artists - were not taken into account because they had voted beforehand based on studio versions. I can hardly believe what I hear. It is quite shocking and the rather pitiful half-sincere excuses made by the NRK do not make the situation any better.

Shame on you, NRK! This was D-level standard execution and planning in event of technical problems.

As I said before, I think Ulrikke would have won anyway (critical favourite and popular among the masses) but I do not doubt at all that some other songs would have been in that top 4 if the 'televote' had worked as it should, especially Rein Alexander who also was popular among the critics and a lot of people around Norway.

I fully agree on everything you said. Like mentioned earlier, I think that Ulrikke is the "right choice" and she somehow deserved to win but seriously, it's beyond me how NRK thought that coming up with a joke jury deciding on studio versions alone making SUCH a crucial and important choice was a good idea! - This level of amateurish and naive conduct is unacceptable for a broadcaster!

First, Norway ditched the televoting.
Second, they cancelled the online voting.
Third, they let random, non-professional juries decide on studio versions of the songs.

This is even worse than Belarus' "democratic" standards in terms of national finals, tbh.

NRK should have ditched the "Top 4 round" and just let the televoters/APP voters decide the winner in another round.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
First, Norway ditched the televoting.
Second, they cancelled the online voting.
Third, they let random, non-professional juries decide on studio versions of the songs.

This is even worse than Belarus' "democratic" standards in terms of national finals, tbh.

NRK should have ditched the "Top 4 round" and just let the televoters/APP voters decide the winner in another round.

Yes, and what makes it particularly shocking is that Norway is a country where everything is done 'by the book', correctly and ethically, it's a culture thing I would say, we have arranged 3 ESC-finals pretty faultlessly and these kind of things just do not happen here. We have shaken our heads in amused despair when we have read of dubious ESC-matters/practices before in other countries like the Belarus "democratic" standards in terms of NFs that you mention and f.ex that debacle in the Ukrainian NF some years ago, but this year we (NRK) have certainly been no better. Let's just hope they now take steps and assure this sort of debacle does not happen again here.

dezbee2008

I wasn't feeling the song when it came out, but now that it's been chosen... it's one of the better ones

I still preferred Wild though

But, I'll give it a 7 because it's a good entry and has potential

Uto

Veteran
This song I feel is quite likely to win Eurovision. There's just nothing that holds it back. Everything is either already great or there's potential to get there (staging mostly). As a song it just works. Production is basically all true and trusted tricks to point all the arrows at Ulrikke who's quite simply a magnificent performer. This type of music has been proven to work all across Europe as well. All they need to do is up the staging a notch or two and they're money.

• Like It
Reactions: Neo

Neo

Don't understand the complaints about the staging. The gold light, drizzle and dress might seem cynical, but I bet it works. Gold = winner. Even if it will not be used in Eurovision, all the jurors will have watched this version here and got the 'subliminal' message.. o_O

The instrumentalists on stage are fine too. Gives attention (geddit?) to the nice orchestration. What would you want anyway, dancers in tights jumping about?

hungo

Quite a poor entry for norway this year. I am not sure if it can make it into the final. 4 points

Uto

Veteran
Don't understand the complaints about the staging. The gold light, drizzle and dress might seem cynical, but I bet it works. Gold = winner. Even if it will not be used in Eurovision, all the jurors will have watched this version here and got the 'subliminal' message.. o_O

The instrumentalists on stage are fine too. Gives attention (geddit?) to the nice orchestration. What would you want anyway, dancers in tights jumping about?
Oh no you are right that the staging itself is basically fine, but there are some shots right now that just don't really do anything and there is a lot more you can do in Rotterdam that they should consider. The staging just isn't great, it's a solid 7/10 or so I would say. I also agree on the instrumentalists btw, they don't really have a clear function other than to create depth perception, but this is imperative for the part where she walks forward.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Yes, and what makes it particularly shocking is that Norway is a country where everything is done 'by the book', correctly and ethically, it's a culture thing I would say, we have arranged 3 ESC-finals pretty faultlessly and these kind of things just do not happen here. We have shaken our heads in amused despair when we have read of dubious ESC-matters/practices before in other countries like the Belarus "democratic" standards in terms of NFs that you mention and f.ex that debacle in the Ukrainian NF some years ago, but this year we (NRK) have certainly been no better. Let's just hope they now take steps and assure this sort of debacle does not happen again here.
It has all the makings of a panic reaction. "OH SHIT OUR APP VOTE BROKE DOWN... JURIEEEEES!!!!!!!"

I mean, it's not that big of a deal because soft-rigging Attention into Rotterdam was 100% the smartest decision (Rein would've always had to cope with the stigma of "Oh it's like KEiiNO, except not as great") and a dioscopic jury is the best jury alternatvie... but they should've taken the lives into account. Not doing that made the entire first half of the live show pointless. All those rehearsals and all that practice, all for nothing for the six eliminees.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
If Stig Karlsen is still in charge of MGP next year, I won't be watching anything, semis or final. The way this was handled was nothing less than a scandal, and there needs to be consequences. Probably a good thing I didn't know who he was yesterday, I was about 2 meters away from him at the afterparty, and had I known, I'd let him know how I felt, and probably be thrown out. :lol:

Ulrikke might have won anyway tho, we'll never know, but it was nowhere near my favorite. I know this isn't her fault, but I hope we fail to qualify to the ESC final, because that's exactly what NRK deserves.

kamc

This is doing nothing for me I’m afraid, in fact, I find it rather insincere and plastic as far as ballads go.
Sorry Norway, not this year.

RevNet

THE GOOD:
-Her vocals are great. Just the right amount of sweetness for the song.
-The instrumentals have their moments, too.

THE BAD:
-This entry is an odd choice, though, considering last year's entry from Norway. I'll explain more below.

THE VERDICT:
On one hand, after such an interesting entry last year, going back to an entry like this seems beneath Norway. On the other hand, I can't deny that "Attention" is a very good song. It's one of my frontrunners for now. 10 points

mauve

Veteran
The song itself isn't bad, but very predictable and nothing earth-moving. A huge step back after last year. 4 pts. for now.

Schlagerman1

tenor.gif

Do I have to say more? uninspiring lyrics, slow melody, uncharismatic singer and not even a real key raise, typical for ballads of this kind....
This is for me the worst norwegian entry since 2007, and I got almost a nervous breakdown by "Icebreaker"...

Top Bottom