Not knowing it’s what makes us
This is how we found our way
Now here I stand
There’s no pretend
My walls are down, my heart’s in your hand
Unchain my wings
And the oceans of tears will fade to black
With the song of my years ooooh-ooooh-ooooh

They all tried to break us (tried to break)
Not knowing it’s what makes us (they don’t know)
This is how we found our way (this is how we found our way)
(Here I stand)
My walls are down, my heart’s in your hand
(They all tried to break us
This is how we found our way)

There are times when I remember back
And all I do is smile
All for you

(They all tried to break us
And this is how we found our way)​

Last edited by a moderator:

LontraCanadensis

Oh no, this snippet was worse than I thought it was gonna be. I bet the Macedonian delegation was seething when Amen dropped lmao

Mrm

Veteran
The backing singers might be Vasil's friends from Chicago Children's Choir, where he sang when he was young.
Yes they are, and that is all right, but believe me this doesn't represent the ppl of Macedonia.. :D
Dont get me wrong, I dont have problem with it, I will even probably like it based on snippet, but you know...

Loindici

Veteran
Not another gospel inspired spiritual track. :rolleyes:
This year is becoming a Holyvision Song Contest.

I'd rather have that than hearing the fifty shades of beige that is the Indonesian pop music xgaah

Mainshow

Veteran
Meh. This snippet ain't my cup of tea at all.

I think we can thank the juries for the increased numbers of old-fashioned, formulaic ballads in Eurovision - Also, the EBU for making backing tracks a thing this year. The delegations probably thought "Oh, we don't have to bring any backing singers onto the stage in Rotterdam? Let's record a (gospel) choir to impress the juries". Seriously, apart from the juries, most Europeans do not even like that gospel sound. Apart from few individuals and very few countries, we aren't a very religious continent either; gospel songs do neither represent our local music scenes nor is there a need or market for them.
I appreciate them if they are authentic and bring something new to the table or make the whole contest more diverse BUT I don't need so many of them.

However, I will wait for the whole song to come up with some sort of opinion but genereally speaking, I don't need (more than one of) them in Eurovision

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Calling it now that everyone from my signature comes back this year with a song about Jesus. Vasil clearly has found Jesus. Tornike has said his song is about love. Yes, the love of Jesus. Senhit in a great show of spiritual kindness has given her original song about Jesus to Efendi and so now with not much time to spare has to find and record a new song about our saviour. And of course Jesus' blood moon shall be rising very soon. Amen.

supermoon-912054.jpg

crashworld

Veteran
I guess the pandemic has awaken many spiritually that they need to infuse them into their everyday life. I hope these songs cancel out each other because I don't need that many songs to remind me that I need to be spiritual or positive. I just want to have fun and forget for a moment that we are living in the middle of a pandemic. #dangit

Mrm

Veteran
Calling it now that everyone from my signature comes back this year with a song about Jesus. Vasil clearly has found Jesus. Tornike has said his song is about love. Yes, the love of Jesus. Senhit in a great show of spiritual kindness has given her original song about Jesus to Efendi and so now with not much time to spare has to find and record a new song about our saviour. And of course Jesus' blood moon shall be rising very soon. Amen.

supermoon-912054.jpg
THE MOON IS RISIIIIIIIIIIIIING!

AMEN!

Loindici

Veteran
When I have been to Bintan they played Sabyan Gambus's ballads on the beach.. :D

And recently Nissa Sabyan (the lead singer) is accused of having affairs with a man called Ayus. Oh, how time flies.

Seriously, though, Indonesian chart-topping pop music of now consist of slow and emotional ballads, acoustic guitars as the base instrument, lovey-dovey ballads over a 1990s e-piano sound, and just sugary sweet things about love or heartbreak.

Mrm

Veteran
And recently Nissa Sabyan (the lead singer) is accused of having affairs with a man called Ayus. Oh, how time flies.

Seriously, though, Indonesian chart-topping pop music of now consist of slow and emotional ballads, acoustic guitars as the base instrument, lovey-dovey ballads over a 1990s e-piano sound, and just sugary sweet things about love or heartbreak.
Isnt that islamic spiritual music she sings, I mean at least lyrics, the sound is a slow, soft, pop ballad..

Mainshow

Veteran

supermoon-912054.jpg

You should be ashamed of yourself. You cursed them!

Loindici

Veteran
Isnt that islamic spiritual music she sings, I mean at least lyrics, the sound is a slow, soft, pop ballad..

Yes, Sabyan Gambus is a band performing Islamic pop pieces. I assume you might be referring to "Deen Assalam", their biggest hit.

Mrm

Veteran
Yes, Sabyan Gambus is a band performing Islamic pop pieces. I assume you might be referring to "Deen Assalam", their biggest hit.
Yeah I suppose, I listened few similar ballads on the beach, didn't know who that is and with app I found it is Sabyan Gambus.. :)

How is tourism in Indonesia going due to this pandemic? Is it affected totally?

theditz83

Veteran
That snippet gives me nothing of what the actual song will sound like - sounds like an isolated vocal line from the recording studio autotuned to within an inch of its life and not a single hint of Vasil.

Reserving judgement until we get something more representative of the overall track.

Loindici

Veteran
How is tourism in Indonesia going due to this pandemic? Is it affected totally?

Travel restrictions have been enforced tighter due to the scale of pandemic that is going on in Indonesia. In Yogyakarta where I am currently at, hotels and indekosts (a term for a less-than-apartment living spaces) were having a decline since college students went back home and tourists numbers also declined as well. The tourism, though affected, is still kind of thriving since Indonesians still love to outgo and visit places, even if this is the pandemic that we're living in :ROFLMAO: .

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance

supermoon-912054.jpg
giphy.gif

Mrm

Veteran
Travel restrictions have been enforced tighter due to the scale of pandemic that is going on in Indonesia. In Yogyakarta where I am currently at, hotels and indekosts (a term for a less-than-apartment living spaces) were having a decline since college students went back home and tourists numbers also declined as well. The tourism, though affected, is still kind of thriving since Indonesians still love to outgo and visit places, even if this is the pandemic that we're living in :ROFLMAO: .
Ok, not that bad as in some other countries. :)

hawadharma

I Love Mungkin Hari Ini, Esok Atau Nanti though

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I hate to get judgey over something so small that doesn't show a lot but I hope the song is vastly different from how that short snippet sounds because it wont be anywhere near my top half, let alone my top 10 if it's like that. Their entry last year was great, and I can just tell I wont like this.

Top Bottom