Not knowing it’s what makes us
This is how we found our way
Now here I stand
There’s no pretend
My walls are down, my heart’s in your hand
Unchain my wings
And the oceans of tears will fade to black
With the song of my years ooooh-ooooh-ooooh

They all tried to break us (tried to break)
Not knowing it’s what makes us (they don’t know)
This is how we found our way (this is how we found our way)
(Here I stand)
My walls are down, my heart’s in your hand
(They all tried to break us
This is how we found our way)

There are times when I remember back
And all I do is smile
All for you

(They all tried to break us
And this is how we found our way)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrm

Veteran
Yesss, that's pretty much everyone from my 2020 top 10 that will return. Only artist I believe I'm missing is Albania's Arilena Ara. I can only hope the songs will be just as good, if not better from the returnees. I'm excited but anxious to hear them all. Sadly Israel has already been a bit of a let down. Only one of Eden's three songs gives her a chance to score decently with me again.

Way too excited!!

Senhitspinner.gif

A-lister

Veteran
His 2020 entry was pretty meh and a sure non-qualifier, in the right setting it could work as elevator or longue music but that's all, so I hope they step up their game for 2021 as there's clearly room for lots of development here.

kopachka

I doubt this is relevant, but I saw he shared a snippet of what I believe is one of his future songs as part of the new album called 'SudBina' ('destiny') on Instagram few weeks ago... And it definitely sounded like something I would enjoy hearing from him!

Mainshow

Veteran
^^ I think that we will get another "international" English song, though. I read that he's about to release his album this year but Vasil/:mk:'s broadcaster asked songwriters from all around the globe to submit songs for him. Thus, I don't think that he will submit any of his own songs to Rotterdam.

crashworld

Veteran

This is the latest offering from VASIL. Not sure of the song though, very different from his entry last year. And also, not sure if that will be his ESC entry this year. But it feels more authentic and seems like a good representation of North Macedonia's culture?

Mrm

Veteran
@RainyWoods

You have to check the last Macedonian singer who competed in Jugovizija, a NF in Yugoslavia, to represent it, in 1991, Anastasija Nizamova-Muhic - "Molitva"..that performance.. xlove xheart xbow

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
@RainyWoods

You have to check the last Macedonian singer who competed in Jugovizija, a NF in Yugoslavia, to represent it, in 1991, Anastasija Nizamova-Muhic - "Molitva"..that performance.. xlove xheart xbow

Majestic. What a performance.

For some reason mentions still seem to not be working for me 90% of the time on the forum. I got no notification of your post here :confused:

• Undo my Sad
Reactions: Mrm

Mrm

Veteran
Majestic. What a performance.

For some reason mentions still seem to not be working for me 90% of the time on the forum. I got no notification of your post here :confused:
Strange.. :confused:
Did you get a notification when I put a smiley on your comment now?

This singer is opera singer actually, but that performance, xbow, really as you said: majestic..

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Strange.. :confused:
Did you get a notification when I put a smiley on your comment now?

This singer is opera singer actually, but that performance, xbow, really as you said: majestic..

Yes, I seem to receive most smileys and quotes. It's just I'm still not receiving notifications for when I'm mentioned. Everyone had a problem with mentions some months back and they were fixed I think but not for me. I have to hope that I come across the posts in which I've been mentioned by myself usually :lol:

EscGeek

Veteran
Yes, I seem to receive most smileys and quotes. It's just I'm still not receiving notifications for when I'm mentioned. Everyone had a problem with mentions some months back and they were fixed I think but not for me. I have to hope that I come across the posts in which I've been mentioned by myself usually :lol:
I have the same problem. :eek:

Mainshow

Veteran
The entry has been selected: Here I Stand
Here I Am has been composed and written by Vasil, Borče Kuzmanovski & Davor Jordanovski, who have also worked with Vasil before. It is recorded in well-known Macedonian studio "Fames" with a live orchestra, while the backing vocals of the song are recorded in Chicago by ex-members of the Chicago Children's Choir of which Vasil was a part when he was a child.

A-lister

Veteran
Sounding a lot like boy Proud, colour me unexcited
Yeah, unfortunately sounds like a flamboyant version of that horror.

The juries will eat it up then, they love dated bland oversung pretentious ballads with "empowering" badly English written lyrics.

But we'll see, maybe it will be something completely different but I'm afraid for another blandfest and a type of entry that makes Eurovision look like it's 30 years behind.

anto475

I guess it's great to see, what I'm assuming anyway, what will be a big LGBT pride anthem coming from that part of Europe. More power to him, and the likes of Mirud in Albania too.

Top Bottom