Ik zit diep en ik wil jou niet laten gaan
Nee, nee, nee, nee
Jou niet laten gaan

Hier in de diepte hoor ik steeds maar weer je naam
Oh mijn lief wat moet ik nou
Ik zit diep en ik wil jou niet laten gaan​

Last edited by a moderator:

Reinventor

This year's entry was a clear "we don't want to win twice in a row" entry, I'm curious to see what they'll come up with next year. A song like Numb from Dotan would be a serious contender. But there are several artists that could produce something that at least would end up top 5-10.

A-lister

Veteran
my picks for next year:

Yes for the use of Dutch language xcheer

Netherlands (except for 1 Dutch language entry) and Sweden are among the countries most consistently going for English, it's really sad :(

A-lister

Veteran
This year's entry was a clear "we don't want to win twice in a row" entry, I'm curious to see what they'll come up with next year. A song like Numb from Dotan would be a serious contender. But there are several artists that could produce something that at least would end up top 5-10.

Yeah, I don't understand this attitude by host countries tbh, I mean I get from a financial perspective that you don't want to host twice in a row, but 2017-2021 we had host entries now that were so blatantly "we don't want to even come close at risking winning again", like you could still send an entry that might not be winning material but still not aiming for bottom 5 xshrug

I am not a fan of the Swedish entry in 2016, but at least we didn't go down this route, nor did Denmark in 2014 for instance and both ended up in respectable top. 10s. I also would say that the countries hosting 2011-2013 didn't either (Germany #10, Azerbaijan #4, Sweden #14 are all good or even comparably great results for hosting entries).

I feel like this is a current trend we see with hosting entries for the past years and I hope that Italy can break this trend, it's actually quite embarrassing even to see and a bit disrespectful to your own public when the host nations send entries like this. Another thing I also dislike alot is that host nations insists on sending English language entries, I mean now if anything you have the opportunity to send an entry that truly represents you, and even when hosting broadcasters don't take that opportunity.

Reinventor

Might be politically incorrect what I'm going to say next, but I have a feeling this year's entry from NL was multicultural on purpose to appease, let's say, certain people. Since there was no need to qualify, this was the year to do it. They knew very well that this wouldn't score, but it was a smart move to show that they include all musical influences in the Netherlands.

Reinventor

Netherlands (except for 1 Dutch language entry) and Sweden are among the countries most consistently going for English, it's really sad :(
I guess that could be because both countries have a high level of English proficiency, so it's "more natural" to sing in English.

A-lister

Veteran
I guess that could be because both countries have a high level of English proficiency, so it's "more natural" to sing in English.
I can't speak for Netherlands, but for Sweden is artificial these days as most of big acts sing in Swedish actually so what you get in Melodifestivalen and ultimately in Eurovision isn't at all a good reflection of what our actual music scene looks like (I've been writing about this in the Swedish thread as well).

So while proficiency in English is true, if we talk purely if songs are properly representing our music scene, it's not really accurate.

A-lister

Veteran

Jacco

LAKSHMI could also be an option. She was one of the Dutch jury members, and makes very cool music!

Reinventor

Wow, that could be interesting!

Although, next to the entry the staging will be crucial, each time a DJ act took part in ESC they flopped because for some reason the whole set with focusing on the DJ doesn't work in Eurovision, so I think as a composer/producer it would maybe make more sense?

Indeed hope as a composer/producer. Please no DJs on stage!

Ianp16

Something tells me that Netherlands might start flopping again now they’ve won and hosted. I can feel it in my waters.

Stef In Rewind

The Dutch broadcaster stated that they'll be using the same method as 2019. Which is first searching for a song instead of recruiting an artist and then creating a song as they did in >2018.

Miloutchi

I don't really like music in Dutch, but I would like more linguistic diversity, so I'm a bit torn haha.

I would be totally fine with Froukje though. She has an interesting sound.

heke1988

Floor Jansen.

Himan

Might be politically incorrect what I'm going to say next, but I have a feeling this year's entry from NL was multicultural on purpose to appease, let's say, certain people. Since there was no need to qualify, this was the year to do it. They knew very well that this wouldn't score, but it was a smart move to show that they include all musical influences in the Netherlands.
I'm pretty sure that is not true, since the first song of Jeangu is not about this at all. I have a feeling that song would do better in all its smallness. I'm pretty sure we will not go down and end up in the final next year. (Though obviously you can't buy into that)

Reinventor

I'm pretty sure that is not true, since the first song of Jeangu is not about this at all. I have a feeling that song would do better in all its smallness. I'm pretty sure we will not go down and end up in the final next year. (Though obviously you can't buy into that)

Still could have opted for that this year though. Just a guess though.

After hearing Dotan's new album, I still feel he should go in 2022. Or any year really, as long as he enters at one point.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
oh god no anything but him d***** was enough go for davina if it has to be a singer-overused-in-every-fan-contest. at least she doesn't create fake accounts to promote herself and bash other artists 🙃

Reinventor

Can we just get over that. I don’t care much about him as a person, I’m just judging his music. Something you clearly can’t.

Mimmon

Veteran
Can we just get over that. I don’t care much about him as a person, I’m just judging his music. Something you clearly can’t.
Dotan won't escape from that fact tbh.... I have nothing agaisn't to Dotan and I really don't care what he done in past

Reinventor

Dotan won't escape from that fact tbh.... I have nothing agaisn't to Dotan and I really don't care what he done in past

But I don't think that will be much of an issue if the song is strong. And in that aspect he can deliver. A song like Numb would bring in the votes regardless, the general public doesn't care much what he's done in the past.

Top Bottom