Contact us

Most criminally overrated song of Eurovision 2010

Most criminally overrated song of Eurovision 2010

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FallenAngelII said:
greeko29 said:
Ah come on man , u always get 12 points from places like Germany or the Netherlands.
Yet Germany gave Turkey 10 and the Netherlands gave Turkey 7 this year. Gee, I guess the diaspora forgot to vote.

greeko29 said:
I thought Athena's " For Real " and Sertab win were amazing entries but all the rest were highly overrated .
It's your personal opinion. I'm Swedish and I'd rather Turkey had won this year instead of Germany because Lena was quite dreadful live, as opposed to maNga who sounded pretty good live.

Totally agree. Nearly all the countries give their 12 and 10 points to neighbours or good friends. Our neighbours don't like Turkey that much and they don't give high points for our songs generally. And we get that high points from Turkish immigrants in Germany or others. So that doesn't make Turkey luckier I think. All countries get some "friendly" votes.

charlesf

I think Turkey would have gotten a high mark from Germany even without the Turkish diaspora. Manga's song is simply modern and appeals to plenty of Germans of non-Turkish descent.

I think its 2nd place is well deserved! I'd have voted for it, had I voted for anything. But I figured, why waste money when our Turkish-German and Turkish friends in our country would anyway be giving the song a high score.

Also liked Belgium and we gave em 12 points.

I am very happy how we Germans voted, giving Belgium and Turkey high marks.

As for most overrated, that's gotta be Denmark! Awful, awful, awful. I mean, come on Denmark! Give us something 21st century! Not some samey kitsch-duet. You can do better.

FallenAngelII

charlesf said:
As for most overrated, that's gotta be Denmark! Awful, awful, awful. I mean, come on Denmark! Give us something 21st century! Not some samey kitsch-duet. You can do better.
Technically, we Swedes provided you with the song. The awful chemistry-free screech-singing, however, that was all Danish.

manialf

RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA

and a hundred times RUSSIA.

Any Western, Central or small Eastern country without diaspora would've been last with this!!!

LadyKiller

Banned
greeko29 said:
Greece has also ruined Eurovision cause it also takes part in the neighborhood/friendly/'we like u , u like us so vote us' thing that has started in the last 6 7 years . It always gets 12 points from Cyprus and expects high votes from Albania and Bulgaria . But this is not a georgaphy lesson , its a music contest and we re spoiling all the fun this way !

And this is not laying crap?
Greece has ruined Eurovision is not crap?
Seriously, who are you trying to fool? Especially with that nick you chose...

Scooby

In this poll I voted for Greece! In my opinion, this song finished competition in top totally undeserved! Very overrated song, with very simple music and a pretty stupid lyrics! I am not a fan of these "boom effect" songs (same like Ruslana's "Wild Dance")!

Turkey has a large diaspora in Europe, and it's a fact (the fact is that it makes it easier to work in)! But the fact is that the Turks are sent a very good and different genre songs! After last year when they choose a song with oriental pop and folk sound, this year they sent a very good "hard" song!
Very good vocals, great music and good lyrics - and without diaspora voting, Manga will finish this year competition in top 10 for shure!

Although personally I do not like this kind of music (i talk about french song) I think it deserves this ranking, because there are many people across Europe who like that style! This song is so funy, cheerful and a truely summer hit! Deserved!

Bosnia, like Turkey, for many of they past results must say thanks for diaspora voting. But Bosnia is a small country and they every year trying to send something different, interesting and original! Do they deserve a finals? I think yes!
This year they had quite a decent rock song, which was fully deserved entered the finals!

Many here have a very bad opinion about Russia! But I think that Russians with they performances in last few years return Eurovision in life! "Lost and Forgoten" is very power and strong song, Peter is great artist and singer, and they apsolutelly deserved high position this year! And I really don't understand why so many people here hate Russia?

Besides Greece, the only song in my opinion did not deserve such a high ranking is "In A Moment Like This" from Denmark. One very average song, created by system "copy - paste" with very bad singer (think on Tomas)!

EvNickGR

Scooby said:
In this poll I voted for Greece! In my opinion, this song finished competition in top totally undeserved! Very overrated song, with very simple music and a pretty stupid lyrics! I am not a fan of these "boom effect" songs (same like Ruslana's "Wild Dance")!
!

First of all Akaios didnt copy Ruslana dear, if you want to say this. And why you call stupid the lyrics ? Do you know Greek ? . OPA represent me this year and the whole Greek nation, i can take this as an offend but i will not fall to this level... :roll:

EvNickGR

greeko29 said:
Pion na koroidepso re file?o kathenas me tin apopsi tu

o kathenas me tin apopsi tou alla den mporeis na mas brizeis ( to tragoudi ) kai mes to isoma, ante na doume se kseno site...

EvNickGR

^I said to him not insulting the Greek entry (and not only) and talk bad in this forum... :lol:

aletem

For me it was between Turkey and Bosnia & Herzegovina. I voted for Turkey, because second place is a bit over the border in my opinion. :mrgreen: I saw them in top10, but nowhere near top5.
Bosnia failed to impress in the final and he looked like he came from Twilight.
I think the most criminally overrated song is Russia. This got the 11th place thanks to the other Soviet Republics who voted for them. It is a shame that Prihodko and Peter have to share the same position for Russia. :shock:

Deltage

aletem said:
I think the most criminally overrated song is Russia. This got the 11th place thanks to the other Soviet Republics who voted for them. It is a shame that Prihodko and Peter have to share the same position for Russia. :shock:

And they got even basically the same amount of points. I guess that's the typical Russian score they automatically get (and only from Eastern Europe) unless they have a "hit" song (like Dima Bilan).

No Name

EvNick said:
Scooby said:
!

First of all Akaios didnt copy Ruslana dear, if you want to say this. And why you call stupid the lyrics ? Do you know Greek ? . OPA represent me this year and the whole Greek nation, i can take this as an offend but i will not fall to this level... :roll:

Some people just make a virtue out of bashing certain countries on this forum. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom