Contact us

MOROCCO 2013 - not taking part

Yoni

Re: MOROCCO 2013

Whenever Israel participates, they will not return i'm afraid

don't think it has anything relating to that because relations has improved since then, I guess they'll only return once 2MTV gets its EBU membership

A-lister

Veteran

Whenever Israel participates, they will not return i'm afraid

Good, Israel better never withdraw otherwise ESC will become a musical copy of the UN-farce...

Sim

don't think it has anything relating to that because relations has improved since then, I guess they'll only return once 2MTV gets its EBU membership

the only time they did participate, Israel didn't
don't think the cultural and political climate in Morrocco has changed, so I'm afraid even if 2MTV gets the membership

Charly

+1

Our relations are fine, it just SNRT cant be arsed to pay extra money =.= But following the past EBU Meetings they have been very active which made it more possible.

but the downtime is our Prime Minister wwho has been engaged in aa Media War between them SNRT and 2M, especially against 2M like he wanted to decrease the French to Arabic etc. and in a war with the 2M Reporters such as in 2003 deadly Casablanca Bombings 2M blamed his party for the bombings alongside some Algerian backed terrorists.

A-lister

Veteran

We already know where Belgium's 12 points would go to :D

Another reason why I'm opposing this potential entrance, we don't need another "Turkey" in the contest (no offense Turkey) ... diaspora voting is already too problematic for this contest.

And I still believe that Eurovision should stay a contest for European countries, no more non-European expansion (no offense Morocco, it's not against the country... it's more a vision of Eurovision)... if people want WorldVision or UN-Vision they can start a new contest.

Charly

^^

do we have a Moroccan community in Belgium?:eek:
never noticed that :p

They do say Italy and Belgium are the bin for Moroccans xrofl3 about 300,000 Moroccans living in Belgium including family members of our neighbour

Charly

^

Thousands of Israelis traveled to Marrakech also for Passover which went no problem even our biggest hotels Sofitel and the newest 1 Adam Park did special things for it with all food Kosher lol :3

No Violence at all ^.^

NikkiBoy

Morocco in ESC?
Maybe in 2080, so is it 100 years ago they participated in 1980. They will withdraw and return to ESC 2180! xD

A-lister

Veteran

Am I the only one who doesn't want Morocco in the Eurovision? LOL :)

No, I'm on team "no Morocco and no more non- European geographical expansion of Eurovision" aswell ;)

People in here would welcome the whole world, seems like they forgot even the name of this contest :lol:

Jim

I don't want Morocco in Eurovision too! But I want Morocco and all the countries of the world to a new contest, a worldvision that I believe that we'll have in future...

A-lister

Veteran

I don't want Morocco in Eurovision too! But I want Morocco and all the countries of the world to a new contest, a worldvision that I believe that we'll have in future...

That's totally fine, but I just don't want Eurovision to transform into Worldvision though, if people want Worldvision then let it be a separate thing... they'll notice pretty quickly that it won't work well anyways, because while technical solutions might be there, the time differences and all will hinder it to be a functional experience and organization imo...

Jim

Yes, I A-lister... I want 2 contest, the Eurovision and the Worldvision! This is the best!

CC92

That's totally fine, but I just don't want Eurovision to transform into Worldvision though, if people want Worldvision then let it be a separate thing... they'll notice pretty quickly that it won't work well anyways, because while technical solutions might be there, the time differences and all will hinder it to be a functional experience and organization imo...

The thing you keep overlooking though is that 'Eurovision' and therefore all its eligible members have been strictly limited from the very first day. There is no fair chance or evidence for turning it into 'Worldvision' under the current rules. So to stay accurate to the facts, it is not so much the people who want Morocco in trying to expand the contest, but actually you are trying to scale the amount of accessible regions down. ;) Sure you can advocate the idea of an 'European contest', howsoever, that is not the true concept of ESC and as far as I know never was. 'Eurovision' is closely related to the geographical Europe, nevertheless not identical.
Personally though I am sceptical due to some other reasons stated earlier on this thread. I would have to wait for their entry frist until I could say if I was happy about their participation (but I do not believe it will happen anyway).

It feels a bit awkward for me to disagree with A-lister. Scary. Well, there had to be at least one issue. :p

Archer

As long as they are an EBU member and located within the EBU lines, they can participate if they wish. I hope they use their right this year!

Top Bottom