3 2.0%

2 1.4%

8 5.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Sabrewulf238

It's not bad, I'll give it a :6: for now.

I feel like Moldova always does great staging so I feel like it could be elevated on the Eurovision stage.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I like Pasha. He's an incredibly charming performer. Unfortunately though he's carrying on the trend of bringing extremely middling songs to this year's contest. This entry is by no means bad but once more for 2023 it's a song that's doing a whole lot of nothing. Compare this electronic folk piece to Shum for instance and the energy that Ukrainian entry brought to the stage, it's simply night and day. I'm bored listening to Soarele şi Luna and the performance (which can and should be worked on) is messy. It's a shame because Pasha is likeable and entertaining. I wish his long awaited comeback was a more dynamic three minutes.

:5: points

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Bless you Moldova once again. "Soarele si Luna" isn't the strongest and I would've preferred Aliona, but... I can't help but feel the charm of Pasha and I'm loving the ethnic elements he introduced in this, especially the Romanian Caval (the flute). Moldova once again manages to showcase our (shared) culture much better than we ever could. Long story short, I'm biased asf.

:10: points SOARELE, SOARELE SI LUNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ☀️

Deleted member 12761

I like it but the live performance feels a bit weak to me. Maybe it's because there is no audience. The studio version however is really good. :7: points for now.

midnightsun

Veteran
Yay!!! Moldova, you pretty little gem, this is what we needed! Awesome song, will go straight to my top 10!

Realized that my top 10 this year is basically only Eastern European countries.
(Except for my own country.)

mauve

Veteran
This song is hard to judge. On the one hand it is kind of addictive, but on the other also a bit repetitive. So I give :6: for now. With a better staging maybe this song has potential to be elevated, let's see! Could be a grower though.

hungo

not bad, nice indeed, but not very catchy . we will see moldova in the final.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
lol Moldova is a guaranteed lock with this.
The question is how high. I'm thinking lower top 10?

Anyway, good that Moldova fulfilled their Ukrainian Horcrux role by selecting an *actual* Vidbir song in these "Ukraine are shit" times. I always liked Pasha the most in this selection anyway (but I did enjoy Sunstroke's nonsense as well).

:8: points ^_^

FilipFromSweden

I was so bummed to hear Sunstroke Project lost

But Pasha's song is so good! I'm amazed actually. It's like a rhytmic lullaby that sparks. Reminds me a little of Ruslana :12:

shameless

Yet another returnee from Moldova, I think its very catchy and might outperform Pashas last appearance as a performer. There's something missing for me though he's one of the better ones in this field so far. A solid 7 for now but might be a grower.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Lel not Sunstroke Project failing to win. xheart Moldova really having their pro-eu best life right now. xheat Great to see Pasha win, he was my fave in this NF followed by Aliona. I loved Sunstrokes 2010 entry, and quite enjoyed their 2017 but this one was really kinda poor and tbh they're not who Moldova need right now. Pasha winning is the ideal outcome imo. I love many elements of the song, I love the Romanian, the folkish styling (lol anyone who knows would be like wut rn) mixed with some pop elements. It makes for a really good song. However that life performance was seriously mid at best, it fell flat on its face. However, I think that's more to do with the fact Moldova filmed their NF through frosted glass and channelled the audio through a tin can. It's hard to judge the live because the quality is so poor. I'm going to take the live into account with the studio, and land on an :8:, which could move either way come May.

kamc

This is just fine and nothing more. It’s lacking that Pasha charm that he had in abundance with Lautar.

PlasticToad

I was out all night and couldn't watch any NFs so I'm catching up now and... Hell yeah, let's go Moldova. I'm always going to have a soft spot for some New Age folky nonsense and so the song and staging were right up my street. I can't wait to see them Moldova this up for the actual stage in Liverpool! Pasha is a great performer, I'm hoping for some real fun. Edit: forgot to add score, which - ah hell I'm in a good mood, let's call it a :12:.

Btw, I was always convinced Pasha was older than he is. He's 36?! I could've sworn he was 36 back in the Lautar days! How does he look younger now than then?

0scar

This is fun, nothing ground-breaking and slightly a little bit too boring to be quite the banger it aims to be but will definitely qualify in SF1 I guess

I probably will give it ~6 points eventually

Top Bottom