Contact us

Mexico

cegs5

Re: Mexico | WorldVision 27 | Thalía - A Quien Le Importa

Such an anthem!
This is truly and proudly Gay Anthem. Thalia recorded this video in a gay club and said openly that she's blessed for the chance to sing a cover of this anthem to the LGBT community. Although the lyrics is not strictly and exclusively gay, the LGBT community used it during the 80's in the demostrations and first Prides in Madrid, and it's still played every year in all Spanish speaking Prides.

Alaska y Dinarama's version of the song was later recognized as a gay anthem by the Spanish language-speaking LGBT community. Alaska (the original singer), is a star in the Spanish media.
The song describes a person who is criticized for being different. The question and title lyric "Who cares?" is repeated throughout the song indicating that criticism does not affect her and she will stay the way she is. The main course of the song asks: "Who cares what I do? / Who cares what I say? / I am the way I am / That's the way I will always be. / I will never change."

¿A quién le importa? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, great that you choose this song, I've always loved it, besides of the gay propaganda or history behind, is a great song persé. xclapxclapxclap

Adrian

Re: Mexico | WorldVision 27 | Thalía - A Quien Le Importa

Such an anthem!
This is truly and proudly Gay Anthem. Thalia recorded this video in a gay club and said openly that she's blessed for the chance to sing a cover of this anthem to the LGBT community. Although the lyrics is not strictly and exclusively gay, the LGBT community used it during the 80's in the demostrations and first Prides in Madrid, and it's still played every year in all Spanish speaking Prides.

Alaska y Dinarama's version of the song was later recognized as a gay anthem by the Spanish language-speaking LGBT community. Alaska (the original singer), is a star in the Spanish media.
The song describes a person who is criticized for being different. The question and title lyric "Who cares?" is repeated throughout the song indicating that criticism does not affect her and she will stay the way she is. The main course of the song asks: "Who cares what I do? / Who cares what I say? / I am the way I am / That's the way I will always be. / I will never change."

¿A quién le importa? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, great that you choose this song, I've always loved it, besides of the gay propaganda or history behind, is a great song persé. xclapxclapxclap

Thank-you so much! This song is one of my favourites and lyrically, it means a lot to me. I do hope this does well in the Final because it will make me even happier but I am SOOO glad that this even made the final

Adrian

Re: Mexico | WorldVision 28 | Artist chosen and hint for song inside!

Thank-you everyone who voted for Mexico! 2nd Last is better than last! But we were so happy that Mexico qualified with an AMAZING song!
The Artist for WV28 has been chosen and so has the song! The Artist is!

jenni-rivera-nokia2009-650-430.jpg

xlovexlovexlovexlovexlovexlovexlovexlovexlovexlovexlovexlovexlovexlovexlovexlovexlovexlovexlovexlovexlovexlovexlove

Hint for song

cegs5

Is this a song, which was a hit under original Olga Tañón's version ?

handeyener

I know which song it is, i think the hint is very obvious :D

Hele.

Adrian it is interesting how you and me swap for countries! While I was :mx: you was :pr: and now it is vice versa! :lol:
Janni is really sad story, she was great artist! :(

Adrian

Re: Mexico | WorldVision 28 | Jenni Rivera - Basta Ya

Jenni Rivera - Basta Ya

LYRICS

Desde Hoy
He Prohibido A Mis Ojos
El Mirarte De Nuevo A La Cara..

Tienes Algo Que Acaba Conmigo
Que A Mi Mente
De Mi Alma Separa..

Tengo Que Renunciar A Quererte
Antes Que Ya No Tenga Remedio
Si Mi Vida Dejara A Tu Suerte
Mi Camino Será Un Cementerio..

Y Basta Ya De Tu Inconsciencia
De Esta Forma Tan Absurda De Ver A Diario
Como Hechas A La Basura Mi Corazón
Lo Que Te Doy Con Tanta Fe De Ver En Ti Felicidad..

Me Llevaré La Dignidad De No Caer Más En Tu Juego
Haré De Todo Mi Interior Nuevos Senderos
Y Lloraré Hasta Lograr Que Algún Día Ya No Te Pueda Recordar..

Y Basta Ya De Tu Inconsciencia
De Esta Forma Tan Absurda De Ver A Diario
Como Hechas A La Basura Mi Corazón
Lo Que Te Doy Con Tanta Fe De Ver En Ti Felicidad..

Me Llevaré La Dignidad De No Caer Más En Tu Juego
Haré De Todo Mi Interior Nuevos Senderos
Y Lloraré Hasta Lograr Que Algún Día Ya No Te Pueda Recordar
Y Lloraré Hasta Lograr Que Algún Día Ya No Te Pueda Recordar.

cegs5

I've commented before that Olga Tañón is one of my top fav artists, and Basta Ya was the first song I knew from her. This version is good as well and you are very daring to send such a unique genre: "banda".
Good luck xcheer

handeyener

I've commented before that Olga Tañón is one of my top fav artists, and Basta Ya was the first song I knew from her. This version is good as well and you are very daring to send such a unique genre: "banda".
Good luck xcheer

In fact this is one of the acceptable songs of banda genre. Well most of the songs are covers anyway. The curious part is that if i like a banda song very much, its 90% probable is a cover :lol:. Just if you come to Mexico someday dont say you love banda to the middle class of high class citizens because they might get irritated :lol:. Banda is a music that only the low class people listen according to them. The genre was good 10 years back, but it faded when they started releasing 500 songs per month and among this number only 2 or 3 are good.

cegs5

In fact this is one of the acceptable songs of banda genre. Well most of the songs are covers anyway. The curious part is that if i like a banda song very much, its 90% probable is a cover :lol:. Just if you come to Mexico someday dont say you love banda to the middle class of high class citizens because they might get irritated :lol:. Banda is a music that only the low class people listen according to them. The genre was good 10 years back, but it faded when they started releasing 500 songs per month and among this number only 2 or 3 are good.

True that. I'm not so into banda music, but some of them are good...are "narcocorridos" and banda music the same genre?

CypriotGirl

Veteran

I guess this type of music is like the "bouzoukia" music here (with "pioneers" of this type of music right now being Pantelis Pantelidis and Paola *pukes*). Usually, if you listen to this type of music they will label you as villager, uneducated and uncivilized, while their music videos have millions of views and their concerts are always sold-out, but IMO banda music is much more acceptable and decent type of music than this :lol:

Sultana

Very unusual song! I like it
good luck

Adrian

Re: Mexico | WorldVision 29 | A???????? G????? y ??????? ?????? - ????????

The song for WV29 has been chosen! There is a little clue for in the title of the thread if you can figure it out :)

cegs5

Re: Mexico | WorldVision 29 | A???????? G?????

xcheer I think I know....is a lady?

handeyener

Re: Mexico | WorldVision 29 | A???????? G?????

Great, easy hint. I wonder if it will be an oldie or a new song of this artist??????

Adrian

Re: Mexico | WorldVision 29 | Alejandra Guzmán t Beatriz Luengo - Quítatelo

Alejandra Guzmán y Beatriz Luengo - Quítatelo

LYRICS

Ay me muero de calor
empapada de sudor
ya no aguanto este vestido
(Quitatelo)

Poco a poco baja el sol
y la noche se asomo
solo quiero Rock And Roll
(Gozalo, gozalo)

Que rico no salir de la cama
Bañarte desnudita en la playa

Deshazte de la ropa apretada
has un poco lo que te de la gana
Eo Quitatelo

Tomalo ligero despeina tu pelo
Eo Quitatelo

Tira el maquillaje suelta el equipaje
deja bailar tu corazon
que se vuelva loca la razon

La pinta, los guantes y el pantalon
Todo, todo quitatelo

La vida no es solo trabajo
que rico parar por un rato
un churro, una chela y un taco
ser feliz te sale barato

Que rico no salir de la cama
Bañarte desnudita en la playa

No te metas en la ropa apretada
has un poco lo que te de la gana
Eo Quitatelo

Tomalo lijero despeina tu pelo
Eo Quitatelo

Tira el maquillaje suelta el equipaje
Deja bailar tu corazon

El lipstick, el bolso y los louboutins
todo, todo quitatelo

Caminando descalzo entro al bar
con mis amigos voy a gozar
un tequila, sal y limon
trae la guitarra que quiero bailar

Quitatelo
(Quitatelo todo)

Quita quita quita quitatelo

Solo sigo los pasos que maneja mi destino
quiero menos amantes y tener mas amigos

Soy reina sin corona
Boqita de tu sonrisa
Voy a desnudarme y ademas perder la camisa

Deja bailar tu corazon

El lipstick, el bolso y los louboutins
todo, todo quitatelo

(Ya quitatelo)
Quitatelo
Eo Quitatelo Oh Oh....

cegs5

Re: Mexico | WorldVision 29 | Alejandra Guzmán t Beatriz Luengo - Quítatelo

I thought you were about to send Ana Gabriel :lol:
But anyway it's been a great choice! Ale Guzmán is one of my favs divas! She's just adorable!
About the song, I like it a lot and it got good feedbacks in LL xcheer

Adrian

Re: Mexico | WorldVision 29 | Alejandra Guzmán y Beatriz Luengo - Quítatelo

haha Ana Gabriel is amazing and I do have a few songs in mind of hers but I heard this song just going through YouTube one night and I absolutely fell in love with it! Alejandra Guzman has an incredible voice and her most recent "live album" was amazing! I had sooo many choices and hopefully I picked the right song and people vote for it! xcrossed

Top Bottom