So baby, it's not a maybe
Yeah, I'm too good to be true, but there's nothing in it for you
So if I show some skin, it doesn't mean I'm giving in
Not your baby

Je me casse, je me casse
If you don't get it (Je me casse)
Je me casse, je me casse
I'm not your baby

Boy, are you pouring that drink in my hand?
Thinking if I'm drunk then, I'll give you a chance
Boy, you keep buying and complaining so stop trying
Not gonna give it up and change my plans

Hell no, I'm not your honey
Hell no, I don't want your money
Got it wrong, I ain't into dummies
No-o-o-o

So baby, it's not a maybe
Not your baby

Je me casse, je me casse
If you don't get it (Je me casse)
Je me casse (Je-je-je me casse)
If you don't...

Ladies, if you feel like flaunting tonight, it’s alright, it's alright
Ladies (Ladies), listen to me!
Listen and go right ahead, show you're shining

If you don't get it, if you, if you dont' get it (Je me casse)
If you don't get it, if you, if you don't get it
Excuse my French

Baby, it's not a maybe
Not your baby

Je me casse
Je-je-je me casse
I'm not your baby​

Last edited by a moderator:

crashworld

Veteran
It would be epic if she tanked Malta or Switzerland this year -- then people might stop hiring that woman, ewwww
So tired of her

But seeing how aggressive Malta has been with the promotion this year, I am not surprised if they throw in big bucks too in the staging, so I am sure SJB will take care of Malta as the priority among the 5 entries her group is working on.

Preuss

But seeing how aggressive Malta has been with the promotion this year, I am not surprised if they throw in big bucks too in the staging, so I am sure SJB will take care of Malta as the priority among the 5 entries her group is working on.
I mean, I highly doubt it came down to money when she flopped so bad with Bulgaria and Australia in 2018, and I highly doubt the money had any impact on Tamta's spectacular flop when Cyrpus wanted to follow "Fuego" with success. It all comes down to their ideas and gods know what might happen... because every time a new staging idea from SJB is born, the gods toss the coin in the air and the fans of x entry holds its breath to see how it will land

I don't understand how you can take someone's money with good conscious and then you do such a shitty job, lmao

Realest

It would be sad if Malta wins One Year after getting rid of Milanov and co.

Zeus

This winning would be chickensong all over again.

From music first to your old typical Eurovision-trash imo.

Also don't like the chance of someone winning with a song from some other artist. You can be a good singer, but being a good artist is something different. At least write your own lyrics or have big influence on the production.

LakZaNokte

Those music bits are cute but the rest is rather mediocre.
I can already hear the oversinging in live performance.

7 pts

Nienor

The cringy lyrics of this song are on a whole other level. It is clear that she didn't put any of her soul into it, it is plastic and unoriginal, zero artistic touch. It just feels empty, the song, the message (if there is a message? I'm not your baby? 🙄).

I don't know but if this really wins Eurovision I think I will be embarrased to show my friends the winning song, as none of them are esc fans, they just want to hear the winning song and that's it.

I do applaud her for her vocal abilities but that's about it.

I bims

Veteran
Downgrading this from a :10: to a :5:
I usually skip it when it comes on and I'm so annoyed by it. I hope this won't win or it will be everywhere.
Destiny lacks an artistic identity so badly. And every eurovision winner had that so I can't imagine her winning this year. You knew what Duncan was about when you heard Arcade. Same for probably every winner ever or at least this past decade.

You know what The Roop, Dadi, Barbara Pravi, Maneskin or Gjon's Tears are all about. You get their vision, their identity. But who is Destiny?

Loindici

Veteran
I think the comparison to Toy is really unfair, Malta is much better in relation to quality. It’s a well produced pop song, compared to a gimmick.

What do you mean a powerhouse vocal, independent woman image, A random French hook and the electroswing is not a commercial gimmick?

SwissKung

2001, 2011 and now 2021... are we going to have a disappointing forgettable winner every 10 years?

Je Me Casse has already aged like milk, I would love for Malta and Destiny to win Eurovision someday but not with that song.

HayashiM

Veteran
I don't know but if this really wins Eurovision I think I will be embarrased to show my friends the winning song, as none of them are esc fans, they just want to hear the winning song and that's it.

This (is how I feel about Toy and Je Me Casse both), 100%.
It goes even further than one's friends, as Jan Bors mentionned in some of his interviews - when Eurovision's image in your country is negative/none at all, you really don't want to show Toy as the winner to the artists you try to lure in. You do want to show them Arcade, APD, or Soldi.

Je Me Casse is miles ahead of Toy in terms of what I would like to listen to, I don't really think it's as gimmicky (no, I don't think having an electroswing hook is a gimmick, it's just a hook) as aggresive, as insulting. But, I'd still rather show something else as the winner to my friends, there's plenty better options in the current top 12 of the odds.

Last edited:

Jopi

Same as you guys... I'm embarrassed to show (or at this point to mention ESC) the winners... They literally mock like 'Oh you're still watching that shit bla bla', because of Toy primarly... I don't need Je Me Casse too...

Remisan

Destiny lacks an artistic identity so badly.
This is actually my main complaint.
I have no complaints about vocals (I don't like this manner of singing, but in a vocal competition I would give her victory).
Song is quality with a good message. No matter that the video creates cognitive dissonance (she was supposed to push the guy away, not cuddle up to him, thanks to the video, the song looks not as a protest, but as coquetry like "I'm the queen, but not yours"). This nonsense will not be on stage. The problem is that there is no Destiny personality in the song and there is no novelty.
Does it deserve high quality jury points? Definitely yes.
Does it deserve the top 5 - also yes.
But I want to see artists who have their own vision of the world, their own creativity as the winner. We have France, Switzerland, Iceland, Italy and Lithuania (those who have a chance).

tararaaam

Don’t you think it’s too harsh to judge an 18 yo, saying it does not have an artistic identity. I mean, she is developing it now? I really don’t understand why so much negativity.

Top Bottom