So baby, it's not a maybe
Yeah, I'm too good to be true, but there's nothing in it for you
So if I show some skin, it doesn't mean I'm giving in
Not your baby

Je me casse, je me casse
If you don't get it (Je me casse)
Je me casse, je me casse
I'm not your baby

Boy, are you pouring that drink in my hand?
Thinking if I'm drunk then, I'll give you a chance
Boy, you keep buying and complaining so stop trying
Not gonna give it up and change my plans

Hell no, I'm not your honey
Hell no, I don't want your money
Got it wrong, I ain't into dummies
No-o-o-o

So baby, it's not a maybe
Not your baby

Je me casse, je me casse
If you don't get it (Je me casse)
Je me casse (Je-je-je me casse)
If you don't...

Ladies, if you feel like flaunting tonight, it’s alright, it's alright
Ladies (Ladies), listen to me!
Listen and go right ahead, show you're shining

If you don't get it, if you, if you dont' get it (Je me casse)
If you don't get it, if you, if you don't get it
Excuse my French

Baby, it's not a maybe
Not your baby

Je me casse
Je-je-je me casse
I'm not your baby​

Last edited by a moderator:

Franzilein

What a catchy tune. Her voice really shines here, didn't have the same feeling last year. I'm so close to give her 12 points, will probably happen after listening to it a few more times xmusic

Yup. This song is way too groovy for its own good. Freaking earworm :lol:

Iker

Veteran
Yup. This song is way too groovy for its own good. Freaking earworm :lol:
I disagree with those claiming that her vocals have no place to shine in it. I think it's a good vehicle for her to show her excellent vocals and I can tell you that.

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
The lyrics and attitude of this song remind me of a watered-down Toy by Netta.

I love it, but can't see it winning this year after such a similar song won with a much more quirky and interesting song, literally selling the same package only a few years ago.

Same with Switzerland, it is also very similar to Arcade when it comes to genre and mood.

Iker

Veteran
Je me casse is better than Toy, which of course it means it will do worse than Toy did (ie: finish second, to the actual winner, France).

It is less interesting and less catchy than 'Toy' was to me. But then again, I loved 'Toy'. Also 'Toy' had a stronger chorus, here you have some French one-liner that is trying to pass as one but does not do the job in my impression.

MAD20

Okay so:
-Je me Casse--> Toy
-Tout l'Univers--> Arcade
-VICTORIA--> Billie Eilish
Surprisingly the three or them are ranking high in the odds and are actually great songs. Can we just stop kicking huge efforts from artists we may not like to the grass by comparing to other artists/songs? They did not invent their genres come on... I've listened tens of times to Je me Casse, GOIGW and Tout l'Univers and I cannot find any of the ''coincidences'' mentioned. This is like comparing any of the overrated women uptempo songs to Nicki Minaj for example, it is disrespectful and just makes no sense.

Shadowfuxcs

Weirdly enough a few countries got inspired from "toy" this year (unpredicatble development + female empowerment) instead of that happening in 2019. I am trying to understand what it was that worked with "toy" and does not work as well here. I think it is the beggining. "Toy" started with random sounds that prepared you for an unusual song. Malta's song stars kinda normally and the changes caught me off guard. At some I try to avoid connecting with the melody in fear that it is going to change again. In the end there are too much elements and none of them stand out enough over the others to offer the necessary memorability. I needed to listen to it a couple of times in order to know what to expect and then be able to enjoy it.
I believe it will do quite well but its televoting score will not be enough for a win (less than 200 points).

kruskica

The song has a great stagging potential and Destiny is an amazing performer. I doubt Malta can finish out of top 3 this year

hijirio

Veteran
Latest grower of the season for me

Welcome to my top 10, Destiny xheat xheat xheat

lasse braun

this malta song sounds like a lot stuff from aronchupa & little sis nora.
(please check the 2 examples)
i like this pop style (electro swing?) but it is not the stuff what i can find at spotify ect. in these days because outdated.
for me is that a style copycat - it could benefite from that diversity bonus but i see malta not as the winner because this music is too much niche - i give here :5:.

Iker

Veteran
this malta song sounds like a lot stuff from aronchupa & little sis nora.
(please check the 2 examples)
i like this pop style (electro swing?) but it is not the stuff what i can find at spotify ect. in these days because outdated.
for me is that a style copycat - it could benefite from that diversity bonus but i see malta not as the winner because this music is too much niche - i give here :5:.

I would not call this style niche though, after all Christina Aguilera has recorded many songs of this kind, and for Caro Emerald it is her typical style. Even Beyoncé has something close to 'Je me casse' in her catalogue.

moop

really fun song. girl got a really good voice and the the old school jazz vibes makes it pop. good luck in the finals.

lasse braun

5 seconds from the maltasong
sounds like a part from this well known song.
is that only a sample?

Carlkva

Sacha Jean-Baptiste will be in charge of Malta's staging!

tararaaam

I can see how in Eurovision Scoreboard and in general in comments in the internet, she is really gradually getting more and more power, approaching or reaching the #1 place of preference...I was personally not the hugest fan of the song last year, but this time it feels like this is really getting momentum...

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's review:

So apparently this should win this year's contest according to the bookies? I am not so convinced about this song myself. I do like the direction the Maltese delegation is taking with Destiny (I even asked for an uptempo "banger" myself from them), but for some reason I can't fully get behind this. Not sure if I'm really sold on this whole Great Gatsby-esque sound they're going for, it is a well produced track I'll give them that, and it is catchy, but it's also a bit lazy in its composition. I am not fully sold on the melody here as it's more emphasizing on vocals show off than selling me an actually strong and memorable hook, also I find the lyrics maybe a bit too adult for Destiny but the girl looks like a 40yo woman so I guess she can get away with it. I strangely prefer least year's entry to this one, yeah it was more generic, but the composition and hook was better. I still think this will do well and it is an instant track, and while I'm personally not blown away I still think it's a pretty good party track in the end of the day and I wouldn't be mad if it won and I'd be happy for Malta getting their first victory. For me though, this is just a borderline top. 15, but at my first listen it was a top. 10 so yeah, I think it'll do well in the contest being so instant.

RevNet

THE GOOD:
  • This is a nice and funky diddy.
  • Some good high notes, too.
THE BAD:
  • Nothing to report here.
THE VERDICT:

This is a nice Lizzo-like entry by Malta. While I don't know how it'll end up for Destiny, I wish this song luck. 8 points

Top Bottom