12 6.8%

10 5.7%

21 11.9%

• Total voters

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Re: MALTA 2018

Thank you for all your votes. Here is the official MESC ranking of the ESC United readers and followers.

Kaz

Man, I thought Eesti Laul was bad this year...

Realest

Miriana, Christabelle and Brooke could Qualify.

Ive changed my mind. I think Richard and Joe have the best Chances to qualify.

Nicfedy

I think there are four songs with potential there. Richard and John needs a revamp but is a safe unspectacular effort, One Step at a Time has a rousing chrous, Same for Heart of Gold. Taboo is catchy in a similar way to Poli Genova.

Romeo

I've known Richard for about 8 years we first met in Qawra at my nan's 70th and Christabelle for about a year or 2 met through just knowing people

Romeo

Listen to the lyrics of this song! They mean so much more to me than any other ESC / NF song than any other

Romeo

My top 3

1. Christabelle
2. Richard & Joe
3. Petra

Odalis

Listen to the lyrics of this song!

No thx, they're so bad i'm amazed you wanna throw our ears under this bus xfacepalm

Romeo

No thx, they're so bad i'm amazed you wanna throw our ears under this bus xfacepalm

you literally have no idea what the lyrics mean...

tumblr_m3hblb4ksO1r8uy42o1_400.gif

Odalis

you literally have no idea what the lyrics mean...

I literally have all the idea what they mean but i don't care what they mean, i care about how they're written.
And it's bad. Really really bad)

Kaz

According to Wikipedia, Avenue Sky entered the same song into Malta's preselection last year? :confused:

EscGeek

Veteran

According to Wikipedia, Avenue Sky entered the same song into Malta's preselection last year? :confused:

Good catch... and so did Jasmine Abela :lol:

That explains the "closed doors" procedure. In a way it's smart thinking

AlekS

Veteran

1944 had more views on youtube when Jamala performed it on TV so I dont think this will be an issue
The early version of 1944 (with a similar music to the original & different lyrics and language) had only a few hundred views before the NF :rolleyes: Not even Jamala fans knew about that video's existence. + it was performed at the Crimean Tatar event in front of a few hundred people only and they would have voted for her in any case. So there was a zero advantage literally.

Having a Bieber's sample is something different :? There's at least one video on YT with 200 000+ views and this sample has been released commercially.

Schlagerman1

Listening through the NF, well it is mostly what Malta gives us in an NF. Pretty boring stuff, this feels like watching an NF from the 90s or something, nothing especially fit for Lisbon 2018. Some lyrics are horrifically made and destroys most of the songs potential, for example "Taboo" by Christabelle, which is weird, since English is though an official language on the island.

Nevertheless, I found two songs that are at least decent. First it is surprisingly Brookes song, which was not what I thought she would sing. "Heart Of Gold" is extremly cheesy, but does sound like a song that would be on Wiktorias album, it's catchy and fun to the very least. The second is Rhiannon and "Beyond Blue Horizons". A song were Adele, Alicia Keys and a touch of Anastacia meet each other in this jazzy soul ballad. Very different, maybe not suitible for Eurovision, but who knows, if it works live than this could be a shocker.
But my gutfeeling says it is open road for Brooke, it is finally her time to go to ESC I believe.

ESClife

Supernovas- definitely the best this year's songi n their national selection :p

EscGeek

Veteran

i need to take back what i said before.. Christabelle's song is pretty good now:D
but Deborah C remains my winner xup
also, "Rush" "Kingdom" and "Lovetricity" are all legendary. I admit my expectations were a bit too high and "Animals" couldn't compete with them xqueenbitch

VikingTiger

....and Malta continues being one of my least favourite countries in this contest. There isn't a single song here that caught my attention. So I will just wait till they decide, and I will give the chosen winner another chance.

Realest

New Version. I like it more than the previous.

Top Bottom